Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Anti-virus

Anti-virus

John Barnes

Anyone tried the 64-bit beta of NOD32 yet?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Persons have reported the version working great.
Works better for me than Avast!

Regards,

Jean-Baptiste
___
IT's a very good AV for XP 32bit, I assume that it'll be good on x64 also

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone tried the 64-bit beta of NOD32 yet?

Jud Hendrix

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:35:27 -0700, "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Anyone tried the 64-bit beta of NOD32 yet?

Yep, got it up and running since about a week.
No problems yet. Only thing is user-interface
is different from the one in XP32.
It's not full 64-bit though (see their website).

jud

Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

John Barnes wrote:

> Anyone tried the 64-bit beta of NOD32 yet?

That'd be NOD64, right? <g>

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

John Barnes

NO.

NOD32 for 64-bit platforms

May 27,. 2005
Eset has released a beta version of NOD32 2.5 for Windows XP x64 and
Windows 2003 x64. To download the beta, click here.

"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> John Barnes wrote:
>
>> Anyone tried the 64-bit beta of NOD32 yet?

> That'd be NOD64, right? <g>
>
> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Thats a confusing name a for product thats 64 bit and something about it
just says Norton, I don't know why.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> NO.
>
> NOD32 for 64-bit platforms
>
> May 27,. 2005
> Eset has released a beta version of NOD32 2.5 for Windows XP x64 and
> Windows 2003 x64. To download the beta, click here.
>

> "Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> John Barnes wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone tried the 64-bit beta of NOD32 yet?

>> That'd be NOD64, right? <g>
>>
>> --
>> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
>> ---------------------------------------
>> MVPs do not work for Microsoft. Please reply only to the newsgroups.

Just A User

I tried the Nod32 beta for 64 and when I try to update it asks for username
and password. Anyone know how to get one for the free beta?

Thanks,

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone tried the 64-bit beta of NOD32 yet?

Jud Hendrix

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:43:17 -0400, "Just A User" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I tried the Nod32 beta for 64 and when I try to update it asks for username
>and password. Anyone know how to get one for the free beta?

beta25/beta25

jud

Jason Durbin

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 21:59:34 +0200, Jud Hendrix <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:43:17 -0400, "Just A User" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>I tried the Nod32 beta for 64 and when I try to update it asks for username
>>and password. Anyone know how to get one for the free beta?

>beta25/beta25

Or, just be patient and wait for the automatic update to trigger, it
either doesn't require a password or the password's built in.

-jd
j e d @ comcast.net

Just A User

Automatic updates failed without a username and password, but the
beta25/beta25 worked.
Thanks...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...