Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Recommendations for Windows XP x64 compatible notebook

Recommendations for Windows XP x64 compatible notebook

Charlie Russel - MVP

I don't really want or need dual core on a Tablet. For me, the Tablet
experience requires light, and thin. Heavier Tablets don't cut it. And
cooling is a major issue on Tablets, since there just isn't as much physical
area to dissipate heat.

--
Charlie.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> I know my next laptop is Tablet PC, but I'm waiting until Intel comes
> out with their dual core mobile processors next year code name Yonah.
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yeah, but the 4000 isn't here yet, and I'll bet it's going to be
>> rather pricy. I would love it, but I'll settle for none of the
>> above. I've already got two Tablet PCs here, I don't really NEED
>> another laptop. Want is a different story, of course.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>>
>> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>>> But then he's going to want the 4000, Charlie, I think you just made
>>> the decision harder.
>>>
>>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Smith

Thank you for everyones interest.

I ended up buying a Amilo 1630:

http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/produ...s/amilo_a.html

It's quite cool. The biggest problem was the radeon gfx driver which I had
to patch manually to get working.

Thing is even though the OS is final version there are quite alot of other
problems with the software which ofcourse limits the nice feeling of getting
something new. I assume that during the next half year more software will be
compatible with the system though and drivers will become better.

-- John