Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > New GPT Docs? Corrected?

New GPT Docs? Corrected?

Juan Jansen

Hi,

A few weeks back i've discussed about incorrect GPT documentation, and it was corrected according by Microsoft, now i've noticed that a new GPT article has appeared.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system...t/default.mspx

Is that the documentation, that was refered to by Microsoft? (perhaps the new article was mistakenly seen as the 'corrected' docs)

As the other GPT docs still have incomplete/incorrect info

GUID Partition Table (GPT) and Master Boot Record (MBR) MBR System Disk Conversion for 64-bit Windows (still only referings to IA64 GPT)
Using GPT Drives
Windows and GPT FAQ (still only referings to IA64 GPT, and missing pictures)

Greetings

Juan Jansen

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

Not sure what the problem is here Juan.

Are you saying that the information in Using GPT disks is incorrect? If
so, where? If not, where else on the page are you seeing errors?

Juan Jansen

""Joseph Conway [MSFT]"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not sure what the problem is here Juan.
>
> Are you saying that the information in Using GPT disks is incorrect? If
> so, where? If not, where else on the page are you seeing errors?

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

I guess I dont understand the problem. This is for both OS versions and
some of that information is relevant for the x64 systems, some for the IA64
systems. Its not an x64 specific page. The Using GPT disks section is
almost 100% x64 related.

Juan Jansen

Hi Joseph,

Here is the explenation again

Below are the 2 incorrect articles, with a short error description (Darrell Gorter, worked on it)

GUID Partition Table (GPT) and Master Boot Record (MBR)
MBR System Disk Conversion for 64-bit Windows
DOC-ERROR:still only referings to IA64 GPT
Windows and GPT FAQ
DOC-ERROR:still only referings to IA64 GPT, and missing pictures

Greetings

Juan Jansen
DOC-ERROR
""Joseph Conway [MSFT]"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I guess I dont understand the problem. This is for both OS versions and
> some of that information is relevant for the x64 systems, some for the IA64
> systems. Its not an x64 specific page. The Using GPT disks section is
> almost 100% x64 related.

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

I'll ping Darrell and we will look into them.