Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ActiveX Utility

ActiveX Utility

=?Utf-8?B?Um9u?=

Im trying to run my at this site www.pcpitstop.com and I get a Activex error
and looked at my seettings but just cant seem to get active x running
properly and I dont know if its just something that hasent been fixed or a
update I need?.

I also cannot run the updates help page, I also get a error about activex
may not be set up properly..

please advise

Christian Hougardy

Ron <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Im trying to run my at this site www.pcpitstop.com and I get a
> Activex error and looked at my seettings but just cant seem to get
> active x running properly and I dont know if its just something that
> hasent been fixed or a update I need?.
>
> I also cannot run the updates help page, I also get a error about
> activex may not be set up properly..
>
> please advise

Hi Ron,

No problem here with IE32, doesn't work with IE64 anyway

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Why doesn't Internet Explorer 64-bit work with websites like its 32 bit
counterpart?

You'll find you need the 32-bit IE, I'm afraid, until such time as web sites
are updated to properly support 64-bit IE. Right now, you'd have problems
with just the 64-bit.

Active X Controls

When on-line, I get prompted to install Active X several times (depending on
the site). I click and select install now and 1 of 2 things happens. It
either asks for the run now or save, or it does nothing.

Again, the problem is most folks haven't yet re-written their activex
controls for 64-bit. That's why the default is to use the 32-bit version of
IE, which doesn't have a problem.

--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com