Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Reverting to windows 32 bit xp

Reverting to windows 32 bit xp

=?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=

Just though I would drop by one last time and say thank you for the help and
goodbye I am going back for two reasons. one, I don't think there will be
64bit drivers available for things like printers, scanners, webcams, ipods
for a good long time if ever, companys put there development money where the
market is and x64 will be a hobby os for sometime to come and. I am not going
to run a system that has problems installing games and I know there are
ways to trick the games into installing. Two, it appears that MS and Intell
and the recording industry are going to force some fool copyright software
down our throats in the dual core pentiums and if thou I do not beleive it is
right to steal software I do not think this is the way to go, besides I am
real tired of calling india everytime I want to reinstall windows xp home.
MS has to understand that that people in poor countrys will continue to steal
the os no matter what they do, I am amazed when I travel to the carribean how
many people do this. So, thanks again and good luck with x64.
--
Is It True?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Sorry to here about how the x64 platform has failed you, but you must
realize Microsoft wasn't targetting consumers with it, which you seem to be.
Its targetted towards persons in technical environments who demand the
highest levels of performance and scalability for Digital Content Creation,
Computer Mechanical Design & Analysis and for Financial & Data Analysis.

Persons experiencing problems in terms of driver support for the platform
will look past these issues because they know what they want it for and they
know the limitations. Microsoft also understands this. So when an enthusiast
talks about USB Driver not available for this particular piece of hardware
they should have understood the sacrifices they will have to make to gain
the level of performance and power that Windows x64 offers.

Some persons who are having pain points simply maintain an existing Windows
XP 32 bit environment while they gradually migrate to Windows x64 while they
get everything right from hardware to software.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Kubuli_Lager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just though I would drop by one last time and say thank you for the help
> and
> goodbye I am going back for two reasons. one, I don't think there will
> be
> 64bit drivers available for things like printers, scanners, webcams, ipods
> for a good long time if ever, companys put there development money where
> the
> market is and x64 will be a hobby os for sometime to come and. I am not
> going
> to run a system that has problems installing games and I know there are
> ways to trick the games into installing. Two, it appears that MS and
> Intell
> and the recording industry are going to force some fool copyright software
> down our throats in the dual core pentiums and if thou I do not beleive it
> is
> right to steal software I do not think this is the way to go, besides I am
> real tired of calling india everytime I want to reinstall windows xp
> home.
> MS has to understand that that people in poor countrys will continue to
> steal
> the os no matter what they do, I am amazed when I travel to the carribean
> how
> many people do this. So, thanks again and good luck with x64.
> --
> Is It True?

NoNoBadDog!

"Kubuli_Lager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just though I would drop by one last time and say thank you for the help
> and
> goodbye I am going back for two reasons. one, I don't think there will
> be
> 64bit drivers available for things like printers, scanners, webcams, ipods
> for a good long time if ever, companys put there development money where
> the
> market is and x64 will be a hobby os for sometime to come and. I am not
> going
> to run a system that has problems installing games and I know there are
> ways to trick the games into installing. Two, it appears that MS and
> Intell
> and the recording industry are going to force some fool copyright software
> down our throats in the dual core pentiums and if thou I do not beleive it
> is
> right to steal software I do not think this is the way to go, besides I am
> real tired of calling india everytime I want to reinstall windows xp
> home.
> MS has to understand that that people in poor countrys will continue to
> steal
> the os no matter what they do, I am amazed when I travel to the carribean
> how
> many people do this. So, thanks again and good luck with x64.
> --
> Is It True?

Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is not a "hobby" OS.
Manufacturers are working right now to produce drivers for their hardware
(although not all hardware will have 64 bit drivers). If you are too
impatient to wait, then you should move on.

Intel is the only company looking at adding DRM to their dual core procs.
If they do, they will lose another round to AMD (which is a good thing).

Perhaps you have to reinstall so often because you don't know what you are
doing. Your post makes it appear so.

You cannot justify piracy or theft for any reason. You say "people in poor
countries"; if they are so poor, how can they afford a computer and an
internet connection?
If you were producing a product or a service, how would you feel if tens of
thousands acquired it illegally? Why should Microsoft be any different from
anyone else? They can expect people to pay for their product just like any
other company.

I for one am glad to see you go. Your laziness, impatience and bad attitude
are not appreciated by those who enjoy the challenge of working with XP x64.

Bobby

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

A lot goes into developing drivers that will be used by a large user base
(testing, reliability,stability performance) and all of that takes time.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"NoNoBadDog!" <no_bsledge@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Kubuli_Lager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Just though I would drop by one last time and say thank you for the help
>> and
>> goodbye I am going back for two reasons. one, I don't think there will
>> be
>> 64bit drivers available for things like printers, scanners, webcams,
>> ipods
>> for a good long time if ever, companys put there development money where
>> the
>> market is and x64 will be a hobby os for sometime to come and. I am not
>> going
>> to run a system that has problems installing games and I know there
>> are
>> ways to trick the games into installing. Two, it appears that MS and
>> Intell
>> and the recording industry are going to force some fool copyright
>> software
>> down our throats in the dual core pentiums and if thou I do not beleive
>> it is
>> right to steal software I do not think this is the way to go, besides I
>> am
>> real tired of calling india everytime I want to reinstall windows xp
>> home.
>> MS has to understand that that people in poor countrys will continue to
>> steal
>> the os no matter what they do, I am amazed when I travel to the carribean
>> how
>> many people do this. So, thanks again and good luck with x64.
>> --
>> Is It True?

> Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is not a "hobby" OS.
> Manufacturers are working right now to produce drivers for their hardware
> (although not all hardware will have 64 bit drivers). If you are too
> impatient to wait, then you should move on.
>
> Intel is the only company looking at adding DRM to their dual core procs.
> If they do, they will lose another round to AMD (which is a good thing).
>
> Perhaps you have to reinstall so often because you don't know what you are
> doing. Your post makes it appear so.
>
> You cannot justify piracy or theft for any reason. You say "people in
> poor countries"; if they are so poor, how can they afford a computer and
> an internet connection?
> If you were producing a product or a service, how would you feel if tens
> of thousands acquired it illegally? Why should Microsoft be any different
> from anyone else? They can expect people to pay for their product just
> like any other company.
>
> I for one am glad to see you go. Your laziness, impatience and bad
> attitude are not appreciated by those who enjoy the challenge of working
> with XP x64.
>
> Bobby

=?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=

lol bobby my first computer was a 7 channel analog and o'scope from heath
kit, your smart mouth is gona get you in a lot of trouble one of these days
--
Is It True?

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

> "Kubuli_Lager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just though I would drop by one last time and say thank you for the help
> > and
> > goodbye I am going back for two reasons. one, I don't think there will
> > be
> > 64bit drivers available for things like printers, scanners, webcams, ipods
> > for a good long time if ever, companys put there development money where
> > the
> > market is and x64 will be a hobby os for sometime to come and. I am not
> > going
> > to run a system that has problems installing games and I know there are
> > ways to trick the games into installing. Two, it appears that MS and
> > Intell
> > and the recording industry are going to force some fool copyright software
> > down our throats in the dual core pentiums and if thou I do not beleive it
> > is
> > right to steal software I do not think this is the way to go, besides I am
> > real tired of calling india everytime I want to reinstall windows xp
> > home.
> > MS has to understand that that people in poor countrys will continue to
> > steal
> > the os no matter what they do, I am amazed when I travel to the carribean
> > how
> > many people do this. So, thanks again and good luck with x64.
> > --
> > Is It True?

> Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is not a "hobby" OS.
> Manufacturers are working right now to produce drivers for their hardware
> (although not all hardware will have 64 bit drivers). If you are too
> impatient to wait, then you should move on.
>
> Intel is the only company looking at adding DRM to their dual core procs.
> If they do, they will lose another round to AMD (which is a good thing).
>
> Perhaps you have to reinstall so often because you don't know what you are
> doing. Your post makes it appear so.
>
> You cannot justify piracy or theft for any reason. You say "people in poor
> countries"; if they are so poor, how can they afford a computer and an
> internet connection?
> If you were producing a product or a service, how would you feel if tens of
> thousands acquired it illegally? Why should Microsoft be any different from
> anyone else? They can expect people to pay for their product just like any
> other company.
>
> I for one am glad to see you go. Your laziness, impatience and bad attitude
> are not appreciated by those who enjoy the challenge of working with XP x64.
>
> Bobby

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Ok, you are right about the Caribbean part, Piracy is not rampant as Kubuli
make it out to be. I should know, I am from the Caribbean and its rear cases
do you find pirated software or music, usually its music from the local
artiste that are pirated and the Government is currently working on clamping
down on that.
--
> [...]

> impatient to wait, then you should move on.
>
> Intel is the only company looking at adding DRM to their dual core procs.
> If they do, they will lose another round to AMD (which is a good thing).
>
> Perhaps you have to reinstall so often because you don't know what you are
> doing. Your post makes it appear so.
>
> You cannot justify piracy or theft for any reason. You say "people in
> poor countries"; if they are so poor, how can they afford a computer and
> an internet connection?
> If you were producing a product or a service, how would you feel if tens
> of thousands acquired it illegally? Why should Microsoft be any different
> from anyone else? They can expect people to pay for their product just
> like any other company.
>
> I for one am glad to see you go. Your laziness, impatience and bad
> attitude are not appreciated by those who enjoy the challenge of working

NoNoBadDog!

I made no "smart" comments....just posted a response to your original. if
you have been with computers as long as you say, then you of all people
should understand the situation with drivers.
In addition, you would know that when transitioning to a new paradigm, it
takes time...just like when the home computing market went from 16 to 32
bit. Your comment about WinXP x64 being a hobby OS is just ridiculous.
There are computers on the retail shelves with x64 installed...can't say
that is true for any of the true "hobby" OSes (Linux).

Bobby

> [...]

>> are
>> doing. Your post makes it appear so.
>>
>> You cannot justify piracy or theft for any reason. You say "people in
>> poor
>> countries"; if they are so poor, how can they afford a computer and an
>> internet connection?
>> If you were producing a product or a service, how would you feel if tens
>> of
>> thousands acquired it illegally? Why should Microsoft be any different
>> from
>> anyone else? They can expect people to pay for their product just like
>> any
>> other company.
>>
>> I for one am glad to see you go. Your laziness, impatience and bad
>> attitude
>> are not appreciated by those who enjoy the challenge of working with XP

Red

Ever been to Cuba?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

>> impatient to wait, then you should move on.
>>
>> Intel is the only company looking at adding DRM to their dual core procs.
>> If they do, they will lose another round to AMD (which is a good thing).
>>
>> Perhaps you have to reinstall so often because you don't know what you
>> are doing. Your post makes it appear so.
>>
>> You cannot justify piracy or theft for any reason. You say "people in
>> poor countries"; if they are so poor, how can they afford a computer and
>> an internet connection?
>> If you were producing a product or a service, how would you feel if tens
>> of thousands acquired it illegally? Why should Microsoft be any
>> different from anyone else? They can expect people to pay for their
>> product just like any other company.
>>
>> I for one am glad to see you go. Your laziness, impatience and bad
>> attitude are not appreciated by those who enjoy the challenge of working

Red

A direct quote from M$ website:

"This new technology arms ...cutting-edge home PC enthusiasts with a secure
platform that can run new 64-bit applications as well as most existing
32-bit applications for maximum flexibility on a single PC. "

How can you justify your statement: "Microsoft wasn't targetting consumers
with it"?
Enthusiasts are consumers, no?

We know you're trying to help, but please quit looking for reasons to post
just to see your name in the newsgroup.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry to here about how the x64 platform has failed you, but you must
> realize Microsoft wasn't targetting consumers with it, which you seem to
> be. Its targetted towards persons in technical environments who demand the
> highest levels of performance and scalability for Digital Content
> Creation, Computer Mechanical Design & Analysis and for Financial & Data
> Analysis.
>
> Persons experiencing problems in terms of driver support for the platform
> will look past these issues because they know what they want it for and
> they know the limitations. Microsoft also understands this. So when an
> enthusiast talks about USB Driver not available for this particular piece
> of hardware they should have understood the sacrifices they will have to
> make to gain the level of performance and power that Windows x64 offers.
>
> Some persons who are having pain points simply maintain an existing
> Windows XP 32 bit environment while they gradually migrate to Windows x64
> while they get everything right from hardware to software.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>

> "Kubuli_Lager" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Just though I would drop by one last time and say thank you for the help
>> and
>> goodbye I am going back for two reasons. one, I don't think there will
>> be
>> 64bit drivers available for things like printers, scanners, webcams,
>> ipods
>> for a good long time if ever, companys put there development money where
>> the
>> market is and x64 will be a hobby os for sometime to come and. I am not
>> going
>> to run a system that has problems installing games and I know there
>> are
>> ways to trick the games into installing. Two, it appears that MS and
>> Intell
>> and the recording industry are going to force some fool copyright
>> software
>> down our throats in the dual core pentiums and if thou I do not beleive
>> it is
>> right to steal software I do not think this is the way to go, besides I
>> am
>> real tired of calling india everytime I want to reinstall windows xp
>> home.
>> MS has to understand that that people in poor countrys will continue to
>> steal
>> the os no matter what they do, I am amazed when I travel to the carribean
>> how
>> many people do this. So, thanks again and good luck with x64.
>> --
>> Is It True?

Red

Linux is a "hobby" OS?
Have you been in a modern datacenter lately?