Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Palm & x64

Palm & x64

Jud Hendrix

I am trying to get my Palm to be recognised. I installed the last Palm
Desktop software, 4.1, and then as soon as I put my Palm in the
craddle, x64 sees a new device, wants to install drivers but can't
find any. Is there any workaround for this with "re-decorated" drivers
or something?

I e-mailed Palm support by the way, and they hadn't heard about the
problem, but would forward my question for 64-bit drivers to their
techies.

jud

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

"Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to get my Palm to be recognised. I installed the last Palm
> Desktop software, 4.1, and then as soon as I put my Palm in the
> craddle, x64 sees a new device, wants to install drivers but can't
> find any. Is there any workaround for this with "re-decorated" drivers
> or something?
>
> I e-mailed Palm support by the way, and they hadn't heard about the
> problem, but would forward my question for 64-bit drivers to their
> techies.

If your software requires any drivers, then you need new x64 drivers.
Redecoration will not help unless you actually have the x64 driver files.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to get my Palm to be recognised. I installed the last Palm
> Desktop software, 4.1, and then as soon as I put my Palm in the
> craddle, x64 sees a new device, wants to install drivers but can't
> find any. Is there any workaround for this with "re-decorated" drivers
> or something?
>
> I e-mailed Palm support by the way, and they hadn't heard about the
> problem, but would forward my question for 64-bit drivers to their
> techies.
>
> jud

Jud Hendrix

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 10:35:24 +0100, "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If your software requires any drivers, then you need new x64 drivers.
>Redecoration will not help unless you actually have the x64 driver files.

Pity I'll just wait then. Thanks Mike

jud

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Yeah, this one is in the hands of Palm.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 10:35:24 +0100, "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>If your software requires any drivers, then you need new x64 drivers.
>>Redecoration will not help unless you actually have the x64 driver files.

> Pity I'll just wait then. Thanks Mike
>
> jud

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

Just in case, you have to be logged as Administrator (even runas does not
work) to ensure usb stack recognition ; I recalled seeing no message when
installing with runas...

Jud Hendrix

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 12:11:02 -0700, "Chris"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just in case, you have to be logged as Administrator

I was

jud

WXP-x64 + Palm Tigre.Cachon Windows 64bit 3 05-10-2009 10:54 PM
Palm Desktop for x64 Tim Windows 64bit 6 09-18-2005 01:47 PM
Upgrading x64 evaluation with full version of x64 prof? Daniel Herrmann Microsoft Certification 0 06-21-2005 08:10 PM
PocketPC: Palm: Outlook Palm to WinMobile conversion RoqueJa Computer Support 0 05-22-2005 01:53 AM

Advertisments