Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-290

70-290

sean

HI all, am starting mcse, have had a lot experience on
2000/xp but never used server '03 before, well a server at
all, have got my hands on an evaluation. Copy of '03. When
I go to install it goes on fine but when i try to install
active directory as the fist domain controller with dhcp
and dns the dhcp goes on then when it gets to active
directory i get a message stating that the ip/tcp is not
configured and needs to be for me to be able to continue.
I've tried to configure it with no joy as far as I can see
it's the dhcp's ip address that cursing the problem. As
far as I can tell it needs to be set to: 192.168.0.10 but
I can't seem to find a way to do so. Any help will be
great thank Sean

p.s. is running on a HP p2 with 896 ram and yes has a 3com
net card

thanks again