Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > WinRAR flakey?

WinRAR flakey?

Jud Hendrix

Whenever I create a new archive, I always run a test to check it. Once
in a while, WinRAR reports that there is a CRC-error. Now, this seems
to happen whenever more programs run in the background, and I let the
check run in the background. Any more people who have noticed this?
Not sure whether it's an x64 problem or a WinRAR problem, because it's
not compatible with x64.
I'm using WinRAR 3.50 beta 3 (which never showed this prob on XP32).

jud

Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

Could be anything from a sign of memory/processor (heat?) issues or
application bugs. I'll run some tests.

Rafael Rivera
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Jud Hendrix wrote:
> Whenever I create a new archive, I always run a test to check it. Once
> in a while, WinRAR reports that there is a CRC-error. Now, this seems
> to happen whenever more programs run in the background, and I let the
> check run in the background. Any more people who have noticed this?
> Not sure whether it's an x64 problem or a WinRAR problem, because it's
> not compatible with x64.
> I'm using WinRAR 3.50 beta 3 (which never showed this prob on XP32).
>
> jud

Jud Hendrix

On Tue, 31 May 2005 10:16:07 -0400, "Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Could be anything from a sign of memory/processor (heat?) issues or
>application bugs. I'll run some tests.

If it's heat, it should happen more often, I would say. But with all
the other programs, the system behaves stable. Even when Maya is
rendering itself silly If it's more people, I'll bug RARsoft.

jud

Andre Da Costa

Not untill there is a native 64 bit WinRAR will stop encountering issues
with the present version. Yes, I would encourage the bugging of RARsoft
myself.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Whenever I create a new archive, I always run a test to check it. Once
> in a while, WinRAR reports that there is a CRC-error. Now, this seems
> to happen whenever more programs run in the background, and I let the
> check run in the background. Any more people who have noticed this?
> Not sure whether it's an x64 problem or a WinRAR problem, because it's
> not compatible with x64.
> I'm using WinRAR 3.50 beta 3 (which never showed this prob on XP32).
>
> jud

How Can I Open or Extract CAB files That Doesn't Open w/WinZip, WinRAR nor the Windows CAB viewer? NoLikey Spam Computer Support 5 12-17-2003 11:12 PM
Winrar / archiving question Gabe Computer Support 1 11-30-2003 07:57 PM
winrar files dog Computer Support 2 07-23-2003 01:36 AM
Re: winrar problem? Shepİ Computer Support 0 07-10-2003 07:03 PM
Re: winrar question paul s Computer Support 0 07-01-2003 11:56 AM

Advertisments