Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Briefcase's problem

Briefcase's problem

Alex

When I open using x64 a biefcase created by XP Pro 32-bit, I receive a
message that the database is corrupt .
After that the briefcase can be opened only in x64 not in 32-bit XP, in
32-bit it always
appears a message "this briefcase requires a newer version of the sofrware".
Also a briefcase created by x64 can not be opened by 32-bit XP.
Is this a incompactibility ???
Please advise.
Thanks
Alex

Andre Da Costa

Which program is required to open the application?
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Alex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I open using x64 a biefcase created by XP Pro 32-bit, I receive a
> message that the database is corrupt .
> After that the briefcase can be opened only in x64 not in 32-bit XP, in
> 32-bit it always
> appears a message "this briefcase requires a newer version of the
> sofrware".
> Also a briefcase created by x64 can not be opened by 32-bit XP.
> Is this a incompactibility ???
> Please advise.
> Thanks
> Alex

Alex

The problem occurs opening the briefcase with Windows Exproler. In the
briefcase are files of all applications I use.
Thanks

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which program is required to open the application?
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "Alex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> When I open using x64 a biefcase created by XP Pro 32-bit, I receive a
>> message that the database is corrupt .
>> After that the briefcase can be opened only in x64 not in 32-bit XP, in
>> 32-bit it always
>> appears a message "this briefcase requires a newer version of the
>> sofrware".
>> Also a briefcase created by x64 can not be opened by 32-bit XP.
>> Is this a incompactibility ???
>> Please advise.
>> Thanks
>> Alex

Andre Da Costa

Copy those files to a knew folder then create a new briefcase in x64 and
copy the files from the folder you created into the new briefcase.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Alex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> The problem occurs opening the briefcase with Windows Exproler. In the
> briefcase are files of all applications I use.
> Thanks
>
> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Which program is required to open the application?
>> --
>>
>> Andre
>>
>> "Alex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> When I open using x64 a biefcase created by XP Pro 32-bit, I receive a
>>> message that the database is corrupt .
>>> After that the briefcase can be opened only in x64 not in 32-bit XP, in
>>> 32-bit it always
>>> appears a message "this briefcase requires a newer version of the
>>> sofrware".
>>> Also a briefcase created by x64 can not be opened by 32-bit XP.
>>> Is this a incompactibility ???
>>> Please advise.
>>> Thanks
>>> Alex

Alex-x64

O/H Andre Da Costa έγραψε:
> Copy those files to a knew folder then create a new briefcase in x64 and
> copy the files from the folder you created into the new briefcase.

Thanks, but I use a usb flash drive (where the briefcase is created) in
both my maschines, a x64 and a 32-bit. The new briefcase created in x64
can not be accessed by the 32-bit, it always
appears a message "this briefcase requires a newer version of the
sofrware".

Alex-x64

O/H Andre Da Costa έγραψε:
> Copy those files to a knew folder then create a new briefcase in x64 and
> copy the files from the folder you created into the new briefcase.

Thanks, but I use a usb flash drive (where the briefcase is created) in
both my maschines, a x64 and a 32-bit. The new briefcase created in x64
can not be accessed by the 32-bit, it always
appears a message "this briefcase requires a newer version of the
sofrware".

Andre Da Costa

Thats the case then, 64 bit to 64 bit for XP x64 briefcase.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Alex-x64" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> O/H Andre Da Costa έγραψε:
>> Copy those files to a knew folder then create a new briefcase in x64 and
>> copy the files from the folder you created into the new briefcase.

> Thanks, but I use a usb flash drive (where the briefcase is created) in
> both my maschines, a x64 and a 32-bit. The new briefcase created in x64
> can not be accessed by the 32-bit, it always
> appears a message "this briefcase requires a newer version of the
> sofrware".

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

Correct, this is the same as the file and settings wizard. We can only
utilize stores created with x64 versions of the app. I will see if there
is going to be any update for briefcase that would allow us to see a 32bit
store.

Andre Da Costa

Yeah, it really makes sense, I guess the only 32 bit component of x64 really
is Outlook Express, correct me if I'm wrong, although there is the 32 bit IE
for compatibility.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

""Joseph Conway [MSFT]"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Correct, this is the same as the file and settings wizard. We can only
> utilize stores created with x64 versions of the app. I will see if there
> is going to be any update for briefcase that would allow us to see a 32bit
> store.

James Park

OE only comes in 64-bit. That's why the 32-bit spellchecker doesn't work.