Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Is it worth it?

Is it worth it?

Zeus

Oh ..Rowdy, now I know you didn't pass the exams on the first try!!!

To add in Rowdy's advice, after you have got the certs, go to as many
newsgroup as you can and write as many message as you can. But don't forget
to include all the subjects you took to get the certs beside your name or as
your signature in messages.

Something like
XXXX (your name here)
MCP (70-290 ) (Full exam names here)
MCP (70 -291) ( Full exam names here)

(Repeat as many subjects as you have taken)
---

MCSA (70-290) (Full exam names here)
MCSE (70-291) (Full exam names here)

(Repeat as necessary)
------

MCSE: 2003 (70-290) (Full exam names here)
MCSE:2003 (70 -291) (Full exam names here)

---

(Repeat as necessary)

In this way, newsgroup readers will become pretty impressed with your
achievements and sooner or later, the potential employers will gonna call
you up or emails you. Your mailbox will be flooded with the job invitations
and invitations for interviews..

Good Luck ..

Rowdy Yates wrote:

> JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:OTSMQK7$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Buster opined, On 2/29/04 2:37 PM:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'm about to set off on the long hard road to Microsoft certification
> >> and was wondering if anyone could tell me if you think it's worth
> >> enrolling on an MCSE training course with one of these training
> >> providers as they seem to charge an absolute fortune or if it's just
> >> as easy to pass by buying books and teaching yourself at home, I've
> >> just bought the Sybex book for 2000 Professional exam.
> >>
> >> Also, I was wondering if those of you who are qualified can tell me
> >> if the career rewards for being MCSE certified really are as good as
> >> these training providers make out as most of them use the line "You
> >> can go to an interview and name your price", is this true or part of
> >> the sales pitch?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>

> > Unless you are in India or some other third world country, you are
> > going to be competing with thousands of certified, experienced and
> > unemployed IT professionals for a very damn few jobs.
> >
> > The so-called "training providers" are for the most part selling snake
> > oil.
> >
> > Don't take my word for it, see what jobs are available in your area in
> > IT. The market is flooded with MCSE's and most companies are laying
> > off IT staff.
> >
> > JaR
> > Cynical Thug

> Buster, don't you listen to JaR. He's crazy! there are lots of jobs out
> there - you just need to know the special trick to getting them.
>
> The trick is, you need to do MCSE over & over again. you do all the 7
> exams and pass. then when you get your MCSE in the mail, you book the
> same exams and do them all over again. you keep doing that over and over
> again. everytime Bill Gates sees your name on the MCSE as he is signing
> it he gets more impressed by how much you know. He will then make a
> special note in his daytimer to meet with you about a job. thats how i
> got my job.
>

> --
> Rowdy Yates
> Things I learnt in the army:
> -------------------------------
> Rule #1 -
> When they say, "We are going to ambush the enemy".
> It really means, "We are heavily outnumbered and no one wants to help
> us."
> -------------------------------
> I am Against-TCPA
> http://www.againsttcpa.com

>The trick is, you need to do MCSE over & over again. you do all the 7
>exams and pass.

Don't forget that one must also wear all seven lapel pins when
attending interviews.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

Zeus wrote:
> Oh ..Rowdy, now I know you didn't pass the exams on the first try!!!
>
> To add in Rowdy's advice, after you have got the certs, go to as many
> newsgroup as you can and write as many message as you can. But don't
> forget to include all the subjects you took to get the certs beside
> your name or as your signature in messages.
>
> Something like
> XXXX (your name here)
> MCP (70-290 ) (Full exam names here)
> MCP (70 -291) ( Full exam names here)
>
> (Repeat as many subjects as you have taken)
> ---
>
> MCSA (70-290) (Full exam names here)
> MCSE (70-291) (Full exam names here)
>
> (Repeat as necessary)
> ------
>
> MCSE: 2003 (70-290) (Full exam names here)
> MCSE:2003 (70 -291) (Full exam names here)
>
> ---
>
> (Repeat as necessary)
>
> In this way, newsgroup readers will become pretty impressed with your
> achievements and sooner or later, the potential employers will gonna
> call you up or emails you. Your mailbox will be flooded with the job
> invitations and invitations for interviews..
>
> Good Luck ..

PotD

--
Fris "Awards Committee" beeŽ, MCNGP #13

Certaholics

Bill Gates

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns949FE90B91E88rowdyyatesnospamlyco@207.46.2 48.16...
>> The trick is, you need to do MCSE over & over again. you do all the 7

> exams and pass. then when you get your MCSE in the mail, you book the
> same exams and do them all over again. you keep doing that over and over
> again. everytime Bill Gates sees your name on the MCSE as he is signing
> it he gets more impressed by how much you know. He will then make a
> special note in his daytimer to meet with you about a job. thats how i
> got my job.

Yes, that's how We hired Rowdy. It's all true.

BTW, Rowdy! The trash can is full again, My car needs to be washed, and the
toilet in My private bathroom is backed up.

Snap to it lad, time is money!

Bill

>the
>toilet in My private bathroom is backed up.

Told you to keep away from those brain dumps.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Worth buying modem router? =?Utf-8?B?QmFkQW5nbGVy?= Wireless Networking 2 07-05-2005 02:33 PM
How much is Bill worth right now? Me_and_you ASP .Net 18 02-12-2005 03:21 AM
Market worth? Nickolas Microsoft Certification 2 12-10-2004 12:06 AM
Is it worth it? Russ McKenna ASP .Net 5 12-06-2003 06:47 PM
MCSE Cert. Is it still worth it? Dominique Feteau Microsoft Certification 3 11-05-2003 08:43 PM

Advertisments