Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Battlefield 1942 intall issues

Reply
Thread Tools

Battlefield 1942 intall issues

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?VGhlIE1hbg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-28-2005
Anybody know how to get rid of a "an installation support file could not be
installed" error. I've searched google and tried everything i could find off
of it. The weird thing is that I had no problems with the Beta version of XP.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andre Da Costa
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-28-2005
Have you checked the manufacturer of the games website?
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"The Man" <The http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anybody know how to get rid of a "an installation support file could not
> be
> installed" error. I've searched google and tried everything i could find
> off
> of it. The weird thing is that I had no problems with the Beta version of
> XP.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?VGhlIE1hbg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-28-2005
I've looked and getting support off of EA's website is non existent. I'm
starting to think it's an issue with my CDs. I can't get them to work on the
32 bit version of XP now.

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Have you checked the manufacturer of the games website?
> --
>
> Andre
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>
> "The Man" <The (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Anybody know how to get rid of a "an installation support file could not
> > be
> > installed" error. I've searched google and tried everything i could find
> > off
> > of it. The weird thing is that I had no problems with the Beta version of
> > XP.

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Andre Da Costa
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-29-2005
Corrupted maybe or scratched CD. Your best bet for compatibility with Battle
field is to get in contact with EA support, they are the only ones who can
make the game compatible.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"The Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've looked and getting support off of EA's website is non existent. I'm
> starting to think it's an issue with my CDs. I can't get them to work on
> the
> 32 bit version of XP now.
>
> "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
>
>> Have you checked the manufacturer of the games website?
>> --
>>
>> Andre
>> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>>
>> "The Man" <The (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Anybody know how to get rid of a "an installation support file could
>> > not
>> > be
>> > installed" error. I've searched google and tried everything i could
>> > find
>> > off
>> > of it. The weird thing is that I had no problems with the Beta version
>> > of
>> > XP.

>>
>>
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?VGhlIE1hbg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-30-2005
I won't be playing Battlefield 1942 when Battlefield 2 comes out late next
month. No big deal cause I have Farcry to play

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Corrupted maybe or scratched CD. Your best bet for compatibility with Battle
> field is to get in contact with EA support, they are the only ones who can
> make the game compatible.
> --
>
> Andre
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>
> "The Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've looked and getting support off of EA's website is non existent. I'm
> > starting to think it's an issue with my CDs. I can't get them to work on
> > the
> > 32 bit version of XP now.
> >
> > "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you checked the manufacturer of the games website?
> >> --
> >>
> >> Andre
> >> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
> >> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> >>
> >> "The Man" <The (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> > Anybody know how to get rid of a "an installation support file could
> >> > not
> >> > be
> >> > installed" error. I've searched google and tried everything i could
> >> > find
> >> > off
> >> > of it. The weird thing is that I had no problems with the Beta version
> >> > of
> >> > XP.
> >>
> >>
> >>

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Andre Da Costa
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-30-2005
Well, great!
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"The Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I won't be playing Battlefield 1942 when Battlefield 2 comes out late next
> month. No big deal cause I have Farcry to play
>
> "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
>
>> Corrupted maybe or scratched CD. Your best bet for compatibility with
>> Battle
>> field is to get in contact with EA support, they are the only ones who
>> can
>> make the game compatible.
>> --
>>
>> Andre
>> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>>
>> "The Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I've looked and getting support off of EA's website is non existent.
>> > I'm
>> > starting to think it's an issue with my CDs. I can't get them to work
>> > on
>> > the
>> > 32 bit version of XP now.
>> >
>> > "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Have you checked the manufacturer of the games website?
>> >> --
>> >>
>> >> Andre
>> >> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>> >> FAQ for MS AntiSpy
>> >> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> >>
>> >> "The Man" <The (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >> > Anybody know how to get rid of a "an installation support file could
>> >> > not
>> >> > be
>> >> > installed" error. I've searched google and tried everything i could
>> >> > find
>> >> > off
>> >> > of it. The weird thing is that I had no problems with the Beta
>> >> > version
>> >> > of
>> >> > XP.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>

>>
>>
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Wayne Wastier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-31-2005
The Man wrote:
> Anybody know how to get rid of a "an installation support file could
> not be installed" error. I've searched google and tried everything i
> could find off of it. The weird thing is that I had no problems with
> the Beta version of XP


Are you dual booting? (running XP 32bit and XP 64bit)


 
Reply With Quote
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-31-2005
You think there is some confusion possibly between the x86 Program Files for
x64 and 32 bit Windows XP, if that is the users configuration Wayne?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Man wrote:
>> Anybody know how to get rid of a "an installation support file could
>> not be installed" error. I've searched google and tried everything i
>> could find off of it. The weird thing is that I had no problems with
>> the Beta version of XP

>
> Are you dual booting? (running XP 32bit and XP 64bit)
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Wayne Wastier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-31-2005
Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> You think there is some confusion possibly between the x86 Program
> Files for x64 and 32 bit Windows XP, if that is the users
> configuration Wayne?


I was thinking along the lines that some games that won't install in Windows
XP x64 will run in x64 if they are already installed, say to your XP 32 bit
partition.


Wayne


 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?VGhlIE1hbg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-02-2005
It was the CDs. I got some brand new CDs and it installed with no problems.
It did run ok until I tried to do a small LAN server for me and a friend.
That didn't work too well no matter what I did. The game would come to a halt
after a few minutes. I only had one version of XP installed at a time. I've
switched back to the 32 bit for now because it seems to work best with my
games.

"Wayne Wastier" wrote:

> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> > You think there is some confusion possibly between the x86 Program
> > Files for x64 and 32 bit Windows XP, if that is the users
> > configuration Wayne?

>
> I was thinking along the lines that some games that won't install in Windows
> XP x64 will run in x64 if they are already installed, say to your XP 32 bit
> partition.
>
>
> Wayne
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does any Mozilla software intall Compuserve? Gualtier Malde Firefox 8 07-12-2007 05:49 PM
Win2k3 x64 Intall 'LOOKOUT' note - Be Aware =?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJkUw==?= Windows 64bit 0 08-29-2005 09:28 PM
battlefield 1942 tank issue JIMBOB Computer Support 12 02-28-2005 04:46 AM
Python to be used for Mod Language in Battlefield 1942 Sequel kdahlhaus@yahoo.com Python 0 02-16-2005 05:30 PM
VirtualDrive won't work with Battlefield: 1942? Krhis Computer Support 0 07-18-2003 04:15 PM



Advertisments