Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Java/Activation

Java/Activation

_Mark_

Any new news on a 64-bit Java, or anything about activation.. Still have to
go thru the same routine, but hold forever when trying to activate.

Andre Da Costa

What do you mean by activation?
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/install-windows-64.html
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"_Mark_" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any new news on a 64-bit Java, or anything about activation.. Still have
> to go thru the same routine, but hold forever when trying to activate.

_Mark_

I mean it says that it has been activated the maximum number of times. Then
have to go thru the phone routine, and hold and hold until I have to hang
up. Kind of annoying.

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What do you mean by activation?
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/install-windows-64.html
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "_Mark_" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Any new news on a 64-bit Java, or anything about activation.. Still have
>> to go thru the same routine, but hold forever when trying to activate.

Andre Da Costa

For Java or Windows XP Professional x64.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"_Mark_" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I mean it says that it has been activated the maximum number of times.
>Then have to go thru the phone routine, and hold and hold until I have to
>hang up. Kind of annoying.
>
> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What do you mean by activation?
>> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/install-windows-64.html
>> --
>>
>> Andre
>>
>> "_Mark_" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Any new news on a 64-bit Java, or anything about activation.. Still
>>> have to go thru the same routine, but hold forever when trying to
>>> activate.

_Mark_

Sorry XP64..

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For Java or Windows XP Professional x64.
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "_Mark_" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I mean it says that it has been activated the maximum number of times.
>>Then have to go thru the phone routine, and hold and hold until I have to
>>hang up. Kind of annoying.
>>
>> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> What do you mean by activation?
>>> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/install-windows-64.html
>>> --
>>>
>>> Andre
>>>
>>> "_Mark_" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Rick

Andre Da Costa wrote:
> What do you mean by activation?
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/install-windows-64.html

What is the point of a link to a page about Java for the Itanium edition
of windows?

Rick

_Mark_ wrote:
> Any new news on a 64-bit Java, or anything about activation.. Still have to
> go thru the same routine, but hold forever when trying to activate.

This is one page that states the is no Java browser support for Windows
x64 at this time:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/syste...gurations.html

There are also other pages with the same information.

Rick

_Mark_ wrote:
> Any new news on a 64-bit Java, or anything about activation.. Still have to
> go thru the same routine, but hold forever when trying to activate.

Here's another page with the same information:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/jre/i...indows-64.html

Andre Da Costa

Its called a mistake Rick, normal thing for humans to do. Anyway Mark, I was
discussing this same support issue in a thread in this newsgroup, Mike
Brannigan suggested getting in contact with Support on the issue, so thats
what you have been doing.
--

_Mark_ wrote:
> Any new news on a 64-bit Java, or anything about activation.. Still have to
> go thru the same routine, but hold forever when trying to activate.

What problem are you having with Activation? My copy of x64 Activated
over the internet with no problems.