Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > x64 and Gigabit Ethernet

x64 and Gigabit Ethernet

ricep55

To my knowledge, only the following are supported in the RTM for Gb Ethernet

Realtek 8169 family of chipsets (Trendware, some OEM boards, etc.) There is
an OEM MS driver and you can download one from Realtek directly
Intel PRO/1000 Series. All of the Gb adapters from Intel are supported. You
can also download and install the x64 driver set from Intel directly as it
will include the ProSET utility and diagnostics.

..

Charlie Russel - MVP

Broadcom, Marvel for sure, though I'm not positive they're in the shipping
product, they certainly have drivers available.

--
Charlie.

ricep55 wrote:
> To my knowledge, only the following are supported in the RTM for Gb
> Ethernet
>
> Realtek 8169 family of chipsets (Trendware, some OEM boards, etc.)
> There is an OEM MS driver and you can download one from Realtek
> directly
> Intel PRO/1000 Series. All of the Gb adapters from Intel are
> supported. You can also download and install the x64 driver set from
> Intel directly as it will include the ProSET utility and diagnostics.
>

> .

Mark Gillespie

ricep55 got up from the bar and shouted: :
> To my knowledge, only the following are supported in the RTM for Gb Ethernet
>
> Realtek 8169 family of chipsets (Trendware, some OEM boards, etc.) There is
> an OEM MS driver and you can download one from Realtek directly
> Intel PRO/1000 Series. All of the Gb adapters from Intel are supported. You
> can also download and install the x64 driver set from Intel directly as it
> will include the ProSET utility and diagnostics.
>

> .

Got a Marvell one on my A8V that's supported.

ricep55

I checked...only Realtek and Intel are in the shipping product. The rest
have to be obtained from the vendors.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Broadcom, Marvel for sure, though I'm not positive they're in the shipping
> product, they certainly have drivers available.
>
> --
> Charlie.
>
> ricep55 wrote:
> > To my knowledge, only the following are supported in the RTM for Gb
> > Ethernet
> >
> > Realtek 8169 family of chipsets (Trendware, some OEM boards, etc.)
> > There is an OEM MS driver and you can download one from Realtek
> > directly
> > Intel PRO/1000 Series. All of the Gb adapters from Intel are
> > supported. You can also download and install the x64 driver set from
> > Intel directly as it will include the ProSET utility and diagnostics.
> >

> > .

Andre Da Costa

As with most hardware when it comes to 64-bit.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"ricep55" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I checked...only Realtek and Intel are in the shipping product. The rest
> have to be obtained from the vendors.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Broadcom, Marvel for sure, though I'm not positive they're in the
>> shipping
>> product, they certainly have drivers available.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>>
>> ricep55 wrote:
>> > To my knowledge, only the following are supported in the RTM for Gb
>> > Ethernet
>> >
>> > Realtek 8169 family of chipsets (Trendware, some OEM boards, etc.)
>> > There is an OEM MS driver and you can download one from Realtek
>> > directly
>> > Intel PRO/1000 Series. All of the Gb adapters from Intel are
>> > supported. You can also download and install the x64 driver set from
>> > Intel directly as it will include the ProSET utility and diagnostics.
>> >

>> > .

ricep55

Mark, please tell me....what was I drinking?

"Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ricep55 got up from the bar and shouted: :
> > To my knowledge, only the following are supported in the RTM for Gb

Ethernet

> > Realtek 8169 family of chipsets (Trendware, some OEM boards, etc.) There

is
> > an OEM MS driver and you can download one from Realtek directly
> > Intel PRO/1000 Series. All of the Gb adapters from Intel are supported.

You
> > can also download and install the x64 driver set from Intel directly as

it
> > will include the ProSET utility and diagnostics.
> >

> > .
> >

> Got a Marvell one on my A8V that's supported.

Kevin Panzke

My Broadcom Integrated Gigabit Ethernet works great on X64, Thank You Very
Much.

"ricep55" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uG5D%(E-Mail Removed)...
> To my knowledge, only the following are supported in the RTM for Gb
> Ethernet
>
> Realtek 8169 family of chipsets (Trendware, some OEM boards, etc.) There
> is
> an OEM MS driver and you can download one from Realtek directly
> Intel PRO/1000 Series. All of the Gb adapters from Intel are supported.
> You
> can also download and install the x64 driver set from Intel directly as it
> will include the ProSET utility and diagnostics.
>

> .

ChrisC

Hi, Marvel Yukon drivers are not only intregated into X64 but there' s also
more recent ones on the windows update site.....
ChrisC
news:%23L8j%(E-Mail Removed)...