Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > boot up problem

boot up problem

=?Utf-8?B?ZGFuNjk5OQ==?=

when loading xp64 i get threw instal then when computer reboots the monitor
gives a warning mesage out of frequency then goes in to stand by mode how can
i fix is this just the display driver
--
danny

Charlie Russel - MVP

Press F8 immediately during the boot process, and boot into safe mode. In
safe mode, change the setting on your video to something really basic, like
800x600 at 60Hz. Reboot, and try again.

And yes, it's possible you need an updated driver. The major video chipset
vendors have already provided good drivers for x64, so download from them
directly, or from planetamd64.com.

--
Charlie.

dan6999 wrote:
> when loading xp64 i get threw instal then when computer reboots the
> monitor gives a warning mesage out of frequency then goes in to stand
> by mode how can i fix is this just the display driver

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

I agree, sounds like a driver issue to me. What kind of machine (and more
importantly video card) is this?

Christian Hougardy

dan6999 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> when loading xp64 i get threw instal then when computer reboots the
> monitor gives a warning mesage out of frequency then goes in to stand
> by mode how can i fix is this just the display driver

Hi, most probably a problem with the HDD driver.
Looks like you'll have to install drivers with F6 during setup. My guess is
you have a ASUS mobo with sata connectors.
Right ?

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

=?Utf-8?B?ZGFuNjk5OQ==?=

under thank you
i have an asus motherboard.a8v delux
ata radion 9600 grathics card.
i had windows server 2003 64 bit working perfect out of the box but when i
formated and installed windows xpx64 i can only boot up under safe mode.
in display properties the adapter is not showing my card
vga display ccontroller properties show the deyice type as non plug and play
drivers.
manufacturer unknown.
when i try to install upgraded drivers it says hard ware not there.
any help would be apreciated thank you in advance

"Christian Hougardy" wrote:

> dan6999 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > when loading xp64 i get threw instal then when computer reboots the
> > monitor gives a warning mesage out of frequency then goes in to stand
> > by mode how can i fix is this just the display driver

> Hi, most probably a problem with the HDD driver.
> Looks like you'll have to install drivers with F6 during setup. My guess is
> you have a ASUS mobo with sata connectors.
> Right ?
>
> Cheers
>

> --
> Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
> Johannesburg - South Africa
> http://msmvps.com/xpditif

Christian Hougardy

dan6999 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> under thank you
> i have an asus motherboard.a8v delux
> ata radion 9600 grathics card.
> i had windows server 2003 64 bit working perfect out of the box but
> when i formated and installed windows xpx64 i can only boot up under
> safe mode.
> in display properties the adapter is not showing my card
> vga display ccontroller properties show the deyice type as non plug
> and play drivers.
> manufacturer unknown.
> when i try to install upgraded drivers it says hard ware not there.
> any help would be apreciated thank you in advance

So the problem is with your video card.
Have a look here for the right drivers:
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...ge&folderID=27
or here : http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?dlcategory=6

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa
http://msmvps.com/xpditif

=?Utf-8?B?ZGFuNjk5OQ==?=

i have the updated drivers but i can not boot into windows without it hanging
on the start up screen.
my video card is detected in system but when i try to load drivers it says
it is not there