Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > HP dvd writer dvd400i and cd's

HP dvd writer dvd400i and cd's

=?Utf-8?B?TGFzZXJNaWtl?=

Hi, I have another wierdness in the XP64 vs XP32 hardware comparisons. I am
dual booting XP home and Xp Pro 64 , In the Xp Home the dvd writhwer will
recognize and play/display directory information of dvd's and cd's, when I
boot into the XP Pro 64 it will play and display info only from dvd's and
will show a blank window for cd's. I have several programs that require a cd
present to start and always kept different ones in each of my drives to
reduce swap time for different programs. this is no longer an option. The
second drive is a ASUS CD-S480/AH. Any ideas out there about this issue?
LaserMike

Wayne Wastier

LaserMike wrote:
> Hi, I have another wierdness in the XP64 vs XP32 hardware
> comparisons. I am dual booting XP home and Xp Pro 64 , In the Xp Home
> the dvd writhwer will recognize and play/display directory
> information of dvd's and cd's, when I boot into the XP Pro 64 it will
> play and display info only from dvd's and will show a blank window
> for cd's. I have several programs that require a cd present to start
> and always kept different ones in each of my drives to reduce swap
> time for different programs. this is no longer an option. The second
> drive is a ASUS CD-S480/AH. Any ideas out there about this issue?
> LaserMike

What chipset does your mobo use?

=?Utf-8?B?TGFzZXJNaWtl?=

It is the NVIDIA nForce3, with the latest 64-bit drivers from nvidia:
nForce WinXP 64-bit driver package contains the below components:
Audio driver version 4.55
Audio utility version 4.50
Ethernet NRM driver version 4.52
Network management tools version 4.52
GART driver version 4.34
SMBus driver version 4.45
Installer version 4.58
WinXP IDE 2.7 driver version 4.68

LaserMike wrote:
> It is the NVIDIA nForce3, with the latest 64-bit drivers from nvidia:
> nForce WinXP 64-bit driver package contains the below components:
> Audio driver version 4.55
> Audio utility version 4.50
> Ethernet NRM driver version 4.52
> Network management tools version 4.52
> GART driver version 4.34
> SMBus driver version 4.45
> Installer version 4.58
> WinXP IDE 2.7 driver version 4.68

You can get later drivers here:
http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php...oad&id=258&l=1

But you have to register at http://www.planetamd64.com to get to the
downloads. It is free by the way.

However, not sure if this will clear up your problem or not. But, it can't
hurt ... right?

ricep55

LaserMike,

Check to see if there is a firmware update for your 400i on the HP website.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...