Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows XP Professional x64 Trial

Reply
Thread Tools

Windows XP Professional x64 Trial

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?dGhhdGJlbmd1eQ==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2005
I have a huge problem. I install the trial and it goes smoothly. When it's
finished installing it reboots and goes to the screen that read safe mode,
safe mode with network, last known good configuration ect. and i tried all
options there nothing helps. I even tried a repair. Still nothing what's
wrong with it all it does it restart over and over. The trial size i got is
558mb. This is my system:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
MSI K8T-Neo2-F(via chipset)
512mb DDR RAM(3200)
SB Live! 5.1
MSI Nvidia GeForce 5200 (128mb)
Seagate SATA 200gb
PSU Enermax 350

I'm using the SATA beta drivers from Via for Windows 2003 x86-64 could that
be it

I can't get into Windows XP x64 after it says installation complete all that
it does is restart over and over. Can someone help me please?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2005
thatbenguy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a huge problem. I install the trial and it goes smoothly. When
> it's finished installing it reboots and goes to the screen that read
> safe mode, safe mode with network, last known good configuration ect.
> and i tried all options there nothing helps. I even tried a repair.
> Still nothing what's wrong with it all it does it restart over and
> over. The trial size i got is 558mb. This is my system:
> AMD Athlon 64 3000+
> MSI K8T-Neo2-F(via chipset)
> 512mb DDR RAM(3200)
> SB Live! 5.1
> MSI Nvidia GeForce 5200 (128mb)
> Seagate SATA 200gb
> PSU Enermax 350
>
> I'm using the SATA beta drivers from Via for Windows 2003 x86-64
> could that be it
>
> I can't get into Windows XP x64 after it says installation complete
> all that it does is restart over and over. Can someone help me please?


Same problem again and over again...
You must use F6 to install the sata drivers during setup.
Download the new drivres from viaarena.com or from www.planetamd64.com

Cheers



--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa
http://msmvps.com/xpditif


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Joseph Conway [MSFT]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2005
Are you formatting the drive during this installation? Any third party
partitioning software on the system like Partition Magic?

Also, post the INF for the driver you are using, sounds like it might not
be decorated properly.

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?dGhhdGJlbmd1eQ==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-27-2005
Thanks i fixed the problem. It was actually caused by older Beta drivers from
VIA. Got the new ones and now it worked. But didn't keep x64 installed i
think i'll wait till i can buy an OEM and some other companys like Symantec
come out with a 64-bit AV or IS. I tried Avast AV which works on XP x64 but
i don't trust it like i do Symantec. Who's so desperate to want to run an OS
without AV these days and one they trust not me. Thanks for the replies.
Regards thatbenguy

""Joseph Conway [MSFT]"" wrote:

> Are you formatting the drive during this installation? Any third party
> partitioning software on the system like Partition Magic?
>
> Also, post the INF for the driver you are using, sounds like it might not
> be decorated properly.
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-27-2005
Curious. I wouldn't trust or allow Symantec on any of my machines! To each
his own, I guess.

--
Charlie.

thatbenguy wrote:
> Thanks i fixed the problem. It was actually caused by older Beta
> drivers from VIA. Got the new ones and now it worked. But didn't keep
> x64 installed i think i'll wait till i can buy an OEM and some other
> companys like Symantec come out with a 64-bit AV or IS. I tried Avast
> AV which works on XP x64 but i don't trust it like i do Symantec.
> Who's so desperate to want to run an OS without AV these days and one
> they trust not me. Thanks for the replies. Regards thatbenguy
>
> ""Joseph Conway [MSFT]"" wrote:
>
>> Are you formatting the drive during this installation? Any third
>> party partitioning software on the system like Partition Magic?
>>
>> Also, post the INF for the driver you are using, sounds like it
>> might not be decorated properly.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Christian Hougardy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-27-2005
Charlie Russel - MVP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Curious. I wouldn't trust or allow Symantec on any of my machines! To
> each his own, I guess.
>
>

Same here, I don't want to use any Symantec products...
Anyway, they are not scoring good in any tests...
I'm happy with avast and some good practice

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa
http://msmvps.com/xpditif


 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?dGhhdGJlbmd1eQ==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-28-2005
no no i meant to say i trust Symantec the most over all other AV products

"Christian Hougardy" wrote:

> Charlie Russel - MVP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Curious. I wouldn't trust or allow Symantec on any of my machines! To
> > each his own, I guess.
> >
> >

> Same here, I don't want to use any Symantec products...
> Anyway, they are not scoring good in any tests...
> I'm happy with avast and some good practice
>
> --
> Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
> Johannesburg - South Africa
> http://msmvps.com/xpditif
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-28-2005
We understood you. We just don't agree with you. That's fine. We don't
have to agree.

--
Charlie.

thatbenguy wrote:
> no no i meant to say i trust Symantec the most over all other AV
> products
>
> "Christian Hougardy" wrote:
>
>> Charlie Russel - MVP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Curious. I wouldn't trust or allow Symantec on any of my machines!
>>> To each his own, I guess.
>>>
>>>

>> Same here, I don't want to use any Symantec products...
>> Anyway, they are not scoring good in any tests...
>> I'm happy with avast and some good practice
>>
>> --
>> Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
>> Johannesburg - South Africa
>> http://msmvps.com/xpditif



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to download Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial? Cosimo Galasso Windows 64bit 6 08-04-2009 08:08 AM
Where is the trial edition of windows xp professional x64 jakein2008 Windows 64bit 10 05-27-2008 10:49 AM
Upgrading Trial XP Professional x64 =?Utf-8?B?c2FpbG9yc3BlbmNl?= Windows 64bit 2 09-19-2006 09:50 PM
Requirement for XP Professional x64 trial software =?Utf-8?B?Q2FydGVy?= Windows 64bit 3 02-21-2006 02:20 AM
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial: expiration & etc... =?Utf-8?B?Tmd1eWVu?= Windows 64bit 1 02-01-2006 07:54 PM



Advertisments