Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > x64 Vs. AOL

x64 Vs. AOL

NoNoBadDog!

The only good advice I can give you is to ditch AOL. It is the single most
disgusting piece of trash software ever written. It is bloatware that
permeates your system files, cripples many functions, and limits your
freedom when you use their kindergarten level interface. AOL is for those
that are too lazy or too unsophisticated to care. If you are taking the
time to install and use Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, you are above
the level of AOL. Get a real ISP.

Bobby

"Paranoiah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey guys what's up?
> I just installed my trial edition of x64 but unfortunately I cannot get
> AOL
> to work!
> I have Time Warner as a cable provider for broadband, but in order for me
> be online I must sing on through AOL first. Grrrrrrr!!!
>
> Can anyone help?
> Thnx

Andre Da Costa

AOL - 1992
XP x64 - 2005

See the difference?
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
news:42950caf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The only good advice I can give you is to ditch AOL. It is the single
> most disgusting piece of trash software ever written. It is bloatware
> that permeates your system files, cripples many functions, and limits your
> freedom when you use their kindergarten level interface. AOL is for those
> that are too lazy or too unsophisticated to care. If you are taking the
> time to install and use Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, you are above
> the level of AOL. Get a real ISP.
>
> Bobby
>
> "Paranoiah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hey guys what's up?
>> I just installed my trial edition of x64 but unfortunately I cannot get
>> AOL
>> to work!
>> I have Time Warner as a cable provider for broadband, but in order for me
>> be online I must sing on through AOL first. Grrrrrrr!!!
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>> Thnx

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

Rob Stow

Rick wrote:
> Your name says it all!
>
> People that don't need someone to hold their hand while they surf the
> internet avoid AOL like a case of the clap, or the plague!!

And anyone smart enough to avoid AOL should also be smart enough
to avoid crapware like IE and OE. If AOL is syphillis for
computers, then IE and OE are Gonnorhea and AIDS.

> Paranoiah wrote:
>
>>Hey guys what's up?
>>I just installed my trial edition of x64 but unfortunately I cannot get AOL
>>to work!
>>I have Time Warner as a cable provider for broadband, but in order for me to
>>be online I must sing on through AOL first. Grrrrrrr!!!
>>
>>Can anyone help?
>>Thnx

Keith

AOL sucks soooooooooo bad.....when I build a new machine for a
customer....and they want to use AOL...I tell them right up front "don't
call me for tech support, period"...it's that bad....I don't care what
anyone says....

AOL is bloatware, worse than most spyware, and attempts to so well embed
itself in the OS that getting rid of it is really a pain....not to mention
most AOL users wind up with more virus and spyware/malware infections that a
2-bit oriental hooker in Bangkok...

-Keith

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...