Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Technology Advancement Programe.

Technology Advancement Programe.

Mark Gillespie

Finally managed to get my OEM copy accepted, not because I heard it from
Microsoft, but Betanews.

Anyway, when I check my order status, it says:

"Product Ordered
Product Description: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Edition "

Shouldn't that say:

"Product Ordered
Product Description: Microsoft® Windows® XP X64 Edition "

We are almost getting there.....

Mark Gillespie

And, for international orders, the postal (ZIP) code does not get copied
across with the order, it just says "FN". This is a bit dodgy. Can
this be sorted out please. My postman is not happy unless there is a
postal code (ZIP code).

Is there someone I can email, to get my postal code added to my order? I
just know the postal system will loose it without it...

Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=

still get the invalid pid/coa here

"Mark Gillespie" wrote:

> Finally managed to get my OEM copy accepted, not because I heard it from
> Microsoft, but Betanews.
>
> Anyway, when I check my order status, it says:
>
> "Product Ordered
> Product Description: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Edition "
>
> Shouldn't that say:
>
> "Product Ordered
> Product Description: Microsoft® Windows® XP X64 Edition "
>

> We are almost getting there.....

The Fatbastard

Me too, Have sent 3 email and at no time did they (MS) reply will any
usefull news they just keep tell me how to find my PID. I sent them the PID
in the email

"russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> still get the invalid pid/coa here
>
> "Mark Gillespie" wrote:
>
>> Finally managed to get my OEM copy accepted, not because I heard it from
>> Microsoft, but Betanews.
>>
>> Anyway, when I check my order status, it says:
>>
>> "Product Ordered
>> Product Description: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Edition "
>>
>> Shouldn't that say:
>>
>> "Product Ordered
>> Product Description: Microsoft® Windows® XP X64 Edition "
>>

>> We are almost getting there.....

MHPNW STAFF

Fatbastard,

As long as you have registered your copy , and it is within the guidelines
for the upgrade.... they will record you PID/COA and you eventially will get
you copy to go thru....
Thats what i was told , and that's how mine worked... I never got a responce
, but it was corrected, and or resolved so that it went thru.

keep trying....

Dennis

"The Fatbastard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Me too, Have sent 3 email and at no time did they (MS) reply will any
> usefull news they just keep tell me how to find my PID. I sent them the
> PID in the email
>
> "russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> still get the invalid pid/coa here
>>
>> "Mark Gillespie" wrote:
>>
>>> Finally managed to get my OEM copy accepted, not because I heard it from
>>> Microsoft, but Betanews.
>>>
>>> Anyway, when I check my order status, it says:
>>>
>>> "Product Ordered
>>> Product Description: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Edition "
>>>
>>> Shouldn't that say:
>>>
>>> "Product Ordered
>>> Product Description: Microsoft® Windows® XP X64 Edition "
>>>

>>> We are almost getting there.....

Charlie Russel - MVP

Of course, it's always possible that it isn't a legal copy. Goodness knows
some people have unwittingly bought what they thought were legitimate copies,
and they've been counterfeit. Hopefully that's not the case here.

--
Charlie.

MHPNW STAFF wrote:
> Fatbastard,
>
> As long as you have registered your copy , and it is within the
> guidelines for the upgrade.... they will record you PID/COA and you
> eventially will get you copy to go thru....
> Thats what i was told , and that's how mine worked... I never got a
> responce , but it was corrected, and or resolved so that it went thru.
>
> keep trying....
>
> Dennis
>

> "The Fatbastard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Me too, Have sent 3 email and at no time did they (MS) reply will any
>> usefull news they just keep tell me how to find my PID. I sent them
>> the PID in the email
>>
>> "russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> still get the invalid pid/coa here

Aldo Bleeker

When I applied I had forgotten to write down the order number, so I mailed
the guys to ask them for it. I first received a how-to-input-your-COA-Pid
reply, but a bit later they actually mailed me back with correct
information. Mind you, it took something like two weeks, but they came
through in the end. I bet they were swamped. BTW, if you contacted them via
the web page, "they" is not MS.

Aldo Bleeker