Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows XP X64 Build 3790 180-day trial

Reply
Thread Tools

Windows XP X64 Build 3790 180-day trial

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?V2hlcmUgaXMgV2luZG93cyBYUCBYNjQu?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2005
Hi,

I installed the 180-day trial and I would like to know if this product is
the same as the retail version? Nothing installs for me like games and such.
AAO 2.4 won't install. So I would like to know if this build functions the
same as the retail version. If not is this why I can't install games and run
them? I installed SWAT 4 and it runs slow in the video parts then it won't
even go into the game it's just a black screen. But surely MS would not send
me a demo of a beta build?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2005
as far as i know it is , whats your system specs ?

"Where is Windows XP X64." wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed the 180-day trial and I would like to know if this product is
> the same as the retail version? Nothing installs for me like games and such.
> AAO 2.4 won't install. So I would like to know if this build functions the
> same as the retail version. If not is this why I can't install games and run
> them? I installed SWAT 4 and it runs slow in the video parts then it won't
> even go into the game it's just a black screen. But surely MS would not send
> me a demo of a beta build?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andre Da Costa
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2005
Its just like the full OEM version, on difference, it expires. As for the
games and other software maybe they are using 16 bit installers thats why,
XP Pro x64 does not 16 bit apps. For SWAT, check the manufacturer for
updates.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"Where is Windows XP X64." <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I installed the 180-day trial and I would like to know if this product is
> the same as the retail version? Nothing installs for me like games and
> such.
> AAO 2.4 won't install. So I would like to know if this build functions the
> same as the retail version. If not is this why I can't install games and
> run
> them? I installed SWAT 4 and it runs slow in the video parts then it won't
> even go into the game it's just a black screen. But surely MS would not
> send
> me a demo of a beta build?



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?V2hlcmUgaXMgV2luZG93cyBYUCBYNjQu?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2005


"russ_will" wrote:

> as far as i know it is , whats your system specs ?
>
> "Where is Windows XP X64." wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I installed the 180-day trial and I would like to know if this product is
> > the same as the retail version? Nothing installs for me like games and such.
> > AAO 2.4 won't install. So I would like to know if this build functions the
> > same as the retail version. If not is this why I can't install games and run
> > them? I installed SWAT 4 and it runs slow in the video parts then it won't
> > even go into the game it's just a black screen. But surely MS would not send
> > me a demo of a beta build?



nForce 4U
AMD 3500+ @ 2.42 gHz
1GB PC4000
BFG 6800 GT OC PCIE
SB Audigy 2 ZS
200 GB SATA

I don't know whats going on because other people say they got AAO to install
fine yet there are a few games that won't install. I even tried a reinstall
from a fresh format to see if that would fix the problem but nothing helps. I
have tried diffrent drivers as well. It seems like it's some thing to do with
installshield. I just tried to install Far Cry and it seem to be installing
fine but this game supports X64. This program is installsheild based. As for
AAO 2.4 it just tells me that the install was stoped and it was not stoped by
my command then it forces me to exit.
 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?V2hlcmUgaXMgV2luZG93cyBYUCBYNjQu?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2005
OK I ran Far Cry and it's like it's running in slow motion. I guess if I
can't get this fixed I am going to freak out in a bad way. Every 32-bit app
seems to be this way. Does any one have any idea what might be going on.
 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV5IFNobWFrb3Y=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2005
make sure you got the Windows xp x64 version drivers from the nvidia website

"Where is Windows XP X64." wrote:

> OK I ran Far Cry and it's like it's running in slow motion. I guess if I
> can't get this fixed I am going to freak out in a bad way. Every 32-bit app
> seems to be this way. Does any one have any idea what might be going on.

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?V2hlcmUgaXMgV2luZG93cyBYUCBYNjQu?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2005
I do have X64 drivers from the NV site. It's not my hardware I think it's
some thing to do with this OS.
 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?V2hlcmUgaXMgV2luZG93cyBYUCBYNjQu?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2005
Ok this is weird I can run Far Cry and it runs at 80 FPS and yet the videos
are slow as any thing I have ever seen. It's like this with all games. But
yet in the Far Cry game it plays in slow motion at 80FPS like I am running a
MOD but I am not... Why? What is wrong with this thing? I have tried to fix
all the drivers and all the system drivers are updated with X64 support. I
can't use my printer, my camera, or my scanner. My Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
does not have a driver for it. I did download the ZS driver for X64 and it
said that I don't have a SB AD2 ZS installed but I do. Windows XP X64 won't
let me force install this X64 driver. Basically this OS is a disaster at this
point. Nothing works the way it should. Yet some people don't have any
problems it seems even with games. So maybe my MB or CPU is defective in X64?
Maybe the drivers are the problem I don’t know? All I know is this is very
frustrating. I can’t reinstall my old XP home because I have used the Cdkey
100+ times but this was all for my own personal use. Every thing in 32-bit XP
seems to work just fine. So I can only assume that there is some thing wrong
with X64 that has not been addressed. My only options now are to either use
this problematic OS or go buy XP pro 32-bit for $155.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2005
First off, you can activate your XP home key as many times as you need
to (via phone) as long as you explain to the product activation peeps
your intent. If you have issues with this, let us know here.

Second, are you sure you have an Audigy 2 ZS? Are you sure it's not an
Audigy 2? Or just a plain Audigy? I ask because there are different
drivers for the non-ZS cards.

Here are the final retail drivers for the Audigy 2 *ZS* cards:
http://files.americas.creative.com/m..._2_03_0002.exe

Here are the beta drivers for the Audigy 2 *non ZS* cards:
http://download.creative.com/files/d...d64-041805.zip

Third, just for your FYI, there appears to be an issue with the beta
drivers and CTpanel. If those beta drivers do in fact work for you,
after installation extract the ZIP again and copy the files within'
/Install/WDM/Common/amd64/ into /Windows/System32/ (don't use the
extract to button in your file extraction software!). This is completely
OPTIONAL and at your own risk.

Fourth, if none of the drivers work above, please open Device Manager,
find the detected card in either 'Other devices' or 'Sound, video and
game controllers', double-click it and click the Details tab. Under
property, select 'Device Instance Id' if it isn't already, click the
first value, press CTRL-C, and paste it here. This will help us identify
the card and any future potential issues.

Fifth, you mention your camera, printer and/or scanner are
non-functioning. Please provide the make and model numbers for each
device and I'm sure we can get at least one working (printer for sure).

Rafael Rivera
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Where is Windows XP X64. wrote:
> Ok this is weird I can run Far Cry and it runs at 80 FPS and yet the videos
> are slow as any thing I have ever seen. It's like this with all games. But
> yet in the Far Cry game it plays in slow motion at 80FPS like I am running a
> MOD but I am not... Why? What is wrong with this thing? I have tried to fix
> all the drivers and all the system drivers are updated with X64 support. I
> can't use my printer, my camera, or my scanner. My Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
> does not have a driver for it. I did download the ZS driver for X64 and it
> said that I don't have a SB AD2 ZS installed but I do. Windows XP X64 won't
> let me force install this X64 driver. Basically this OS is a disaster at this
> point. Nothing works the way it should. Yet some people don't have any
> problems it seems even with games. So maybe my MB or CPU is defective in X64?
> Maybe the drivers are the problem I dont know? All I know is this is very
> frustrating. I cant reinstall my old XP home because I have used the Cdkey
> 100+ times but this was all for my own personal use. Every thing in 32-bit XP
> seems to work just fine. So I can only assume that there is some thing wrong
> with X64 that has not been addressed. My only options now are to either use
> this problematic OS or go buy XP pro 32-bit for $155.

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?V2hlcmUgaXMgV2luZG93cyBYUCBYNjQu?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2005
It's a SB Audigy 2 ZS it's an older DR ver so I don't think the drivers are
seeing it as a ZS so SB Audigy 2 is more like what I have even though it says
"ZS" on the card. Also I used to install ZS drivers in 32-bit OS and they
always-installed fine. But drivers are not the issue for me at this point. I
do have an HP 3650 DeskJet I would like to get working. And I sure would like
my Audigy card to work also. But the huge issue I am having is that every
thing is running in slow motion. When I say slow motion I don’t mean low FPS
(frames per second) I am having an extremely weird issue with games running
in slow motion it’s like they are slowed down but performance wise FPS are
normal for my system. I have never seen any thing like this happen before.
It’s like if you jump in the games it’s slow not choppy. So I think I might
have some kind of hardware issue? It might be a driver issue but I have the
official drivers for X64. If I could resolve this issue I might be able to
keep this OS.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
re-install of evaluation copy build 3790 Kue2 Windows 64bit 1 11-02-2005 06:05 PM
Windows media, cd, dvd don't read, x64 shows up as 2000 build 3790 =?Utf-8?B?am9yb21v?= Windows 64bit 5 09-01-2005 05:55 AM
scanning in win64 build 3790 Kue2 Windows 64bit 1 07-28-2005 12:30 PM
2003 sever eval version, build 3790 =?Utf-8?B?S2ViaXNob3AzMQ==?= MCSE 1 10-14-2004 12:53 AM
SWsoft Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 Build 508, Acronis OS Selector 8.0 Build 917, Acronis Partition Expert 2003 Build 292, Acronis Power Utilities 2004 Build 502, F-SECURE.ANTI vIRUS.PROXY v1.10.17.WINALL, F-SECURE.ANTI vIRUS v5.50.10260 for CITRI vvcd Computer Support 0 09-25-2004 01:38 AM



Advertisments