Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Pinnacle Drivers (AV / DV capture cards & Software)

Pinnacle Drivers (AV / DV capture cards & Software)

John Long

FYI:
Here is the latest from their tack support>

*******************
Our engeneer department is working on drivres and products for the 64bit
systems, however, we do not receive any news if the drivers will be
available for previous products or if they will released the drivers just
for the next generation of Pinnacle softwares/hardwares.

You will be advised if any news regarding this issue is released.
*******************

Not the greatest news but at least they are working on them.
John Long

Charlie Russel - MVP

Hmmmm. I've got an older Pinnacle card that would be perfect in this box,
too.

--
Charlie.

John Long wrote:
> FYI:
> Here is the latest from their tack support>
>
> *******************
> Our engeneer department is working on drivres and products for the
> 64bit systems, however, we do not receive any news if the drivers
> will be available for previous products or if they will released the
> drivers just for the next generation of Pinnacle softwares/hardwares.
>
> You will be advised if any news regarding this issue is released.
> *******************
>
> Not the greatest news but at least they are working on them.
> John Long

John Long

FYI,

With my Pinnacle AV/DC capture card the DV (firewire) ports work with x64.
The AV (analog inputs) are the section that does not work.
I can then use Microsoft Movie Maker II until the rest gets working.

John

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hmmmm. I've got an older Pinnacle card that would be perfect in this box,
> too.
>
> --
> Charlie.
>
> John Long wrote:
> > FYI:
> > Here is the latest from their tack support>
> >
> > *******************
> > Our engeneer department is working on drivres and products for the
> > 64bit systems, however, we do not receive any news if the drivers
> > will be available for previous products or if they will released the
> > drivers just for the next generation of Pinnacle softwares/hardwares.
> >
> > You will be advised if any news regarding this issue is released.
> > *******************
> >
> > Not the greatest news but at least they are working on them.
> > John Long

Jud Hendrix

On Wed, 25 May 2005 11:35:05 -0600, "John Long" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>With my Pinnacle AV/DC capture card the DV (firewire) ports work with x64.
>The AV (analog inputs) are the section that does not work.

Use the analog input of your camera then, to use it as a bridge.

(another problem solved )

jud

John Long

The camera does not have an AV input. But a good idea.
I guess I could always dual boot and do the AV capture under Windows XP (32
bit) and then edit under x64, but I would like to just get rid of the 32 bit
OS (After all I traded it in for the 64 bit version).

I want to use my VCR as the input device to capture old video's.

John

"Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 25 May 2005 11:35:05 -0600, "John Long" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >With my Pinnacle AV/DC capture card the DV (firewire) ports work with

x64.
> >The AV (analog inputs) are the section that does not work.

> Use the analog input of your camera then, to use it as a bridge.
>
> (another problem solved )
>
> jud

Jud Hendrix

On Wed, 25 May 2005 13:14:28 -0600, "John Long" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>The camera does not have an AV input. But a good idea.
>I guess I could always dual boot and do the AV capture under Windows XP (32
>bit) and then edit under x64, but I would like to just get rid of the 32 bit
>OS (After all I traded it in for the 64 bit version).

It has nothing to with 64-bit, but you could get one of the Canopus
ADVC-xxx adapters, where you hook-up your analogue cables to a
external box, which "converts" the video to digital and goes via
firewire to your computer. And you don't need extra drivers for that,
as x64 supports firewire.

jud

John Long

Thanks for the suggestion.

I already purchased the converter/capture card only it is internal.
It has worked great for the two years I have had it.

All I originally did was post a FYI that Pinnacle is working on 64 bit
drivers for the AV hardware and now I'm getting suggestions to purchase
different hardware.

I agree that would be a solution for right now, (so is dual booting) but
please remember the theme of this thread "FYI: Pinnacle is working on 64 bit
drivers".

I just wanted to share that info.
And I appreciate everyone that has offered suggestions and help.

Thanks again,