Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Unknown Device in Device Manager

Unknown Device in Device Manager

Richard G Carruthers

Just finished installing Windows XP 64 bit and have only oone unsolved
issue.In Device Manager have a problem listed Under other devices: Other PCI
Bridge Device. Anyone have any idea as to what this device is so as I might
get an updated driver installed. Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

Richard

Andre Da Costa

Explained
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system...pcibridge.mspx
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Richard G Carruthers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just finished installing Windows XP 64 bit and have only oone unsolved
> issue.In Device Manager have a problem listed Under other devices: Other
> PCI Bridge Device. Anyone have any idea as to what this device is so as I
> might get an updated driver installed. Any assistance would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Richard

Mirko

Since the device is a PCI device you can try the following:
the "Details" tab. You should see a "Device Instance Id" that reads
PCI\VEN_....&DEV_.... (Vendor ID and Device ID)

Then go to http://www.pcidatabase.com/ and use their comprehensive lists (or
just use their search function) to try to find out what your device in
question is.

Good luck!

"Richard G Carruthers" <(E-Mail Removed)> glsD:(E-Mail Removed) bl...
> Just finished installing Windows XP 64 bit and have only oone unsolved
> issue.In Device Manager have a problem listed Under other devices: Other
> PCI Bridge Device. Anyone have any idea as to what this device is so as I
> might get an updated driver installed. Any assistance would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Richard

Richard G Carruthers

Have been able to identify "PCI\VEN as Nividia (Vendor) but get no hit for
the Device DEV_00DF. Anyone have any other Suggestions

Richard

"Richard G Carruthers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just finished installing Windows XP 64 bit and have only oone unsolved
> issue.In Device Manager have a problem listed Under other devices: Other
> PCI Bridge Device. Anyone have any idea as to what this device is so as I
> might get an updated driver installed. Any assistance would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Richard

Mirko

Hi,

http://www.pcidatabase.com/vendor_details.php?id=606

scroll down to the very bottom of the page.

"Richard G Carruthers" <(E-Mail Removed)>
:(E-Mail Removed)...