Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Backup and Recovery.

Backup and Recovery.

Dennis Pack

Dantz Retrospect Backup and Recovery software Professional version 7.0 will
duplicate a X64 drive for file retrieval. Disaster recovery doesn't
recognize the operating system yet. Technical support is aware of the
concern and is in the process of developing and update to recognize the X64
operating systems.

Andre Da Costa

You work for them?
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e$n%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dantz Retrospect Backup and Recovery software Professional version 7.0
> will duplicate a X64 drive for file retrieval. Disaster recovery doesn't
> recognize the operating system yet. Technical support is aware of the
> concern and is in the process of developing and update to recognize the
> X64 operating systems.

Dennis Pack

No
I've used their software for file backup and disaster recovery since Windows
98. I couldn't get it to function fully and got a good answer from technical
support instead of a blank stare.

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eJn%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You work for them?
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e$n%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dantz Retrospect Backup and Recovery software Professional version 7.0
>> will duplicate a X64 drive for file retrieval. Disaster recovery doesn't
>> recognize the operating system yet. Technical support is aware of the
>> concern and is in the process of developing and update to recognize the
>> X64 operating systems.

Andre Da Costa

Oh, thats why the response you posted sound so automated and professional,
thanks.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
> No
> I've used their software for file backup and disaster recovery since
> Windows 98. I couldn't get it to function fully and got a good answer from
> technical support instead of a blank stare.
>

> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eJn%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You work for them?
>> --
>>
>> Andre
>>
>> "Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:e$n%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Dantz Retrospect Backup and Recovery software Professional version 7.0
>>> will duplicate a X64 drive for file retrieval. Disaster recovery doesn't
>>> recognize the operating system yet. Technical support is aware of the
>>> concern and is in the process of developing and update to recognize the
>>> X64 operating systems.

Dennis Pack

In my real job I work technical assistance in a different industry and it
rubs off. It can be hard to reply in a non-scripted manner because the
common reply is generic even without a disclaimer.

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oh, thats why the response you posted sound so automated and professional,
> thanks.
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> No
>> I've used their software for file backup and disaster recovery since
>> Windows 98. I couldn't get it to function fully and got a good answer
>> from technical support instead of a blank stare.
>>

>> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:eJn%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> You work for them?
>>> --
>>>
>>> Andre
>>>
>>> "Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:e$n%(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa

Does that mean you are on your way to becoming a droid?
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In my real job I work technical assistance in a different industry and it
> rubs off. It can be hard to reply in a non-scripted manner because the
> common reply is generic even without a disclaimer.
>
> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Oh, thats why the response you posted sound so automated and
>> professional, thanks.
>> --
>>
>> Andre
>>
>> "Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> No
>>> I've used their software for file backup and disaster recovery since
>>> Windows 98. I couldn't get it to function fully and got a good answer
>>> from technical support instead of a blank stare.
>>>

>>> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:eJn%(E-Mail Removed)...

Dennis Pack

Not yet.
Habits are easy to develop but are hard to break.
I used to be a 1/2 wit then i lost it.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...