Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > MUI and performance ??

MUI and performance ??

Klamer

I know there is already MUI Windows XP

I have a question regarding performance...

Because MUI WIndows is an english Windows with some extra files on top
to adapt the language of the OS, can we expect some poor performance ?

I believe (May be wrong...) that if you have a native OS, it should be
faster ...

Best regards,

Thierry

Site : http://www.mesnews.net

Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\)

Klamer wrote:
> I know there is already MUI Windows XP
>
> I have a question regarding performance...
>
> Because MUI WIndows is an english Windows with some extra files on top
> to adapt the language of the OS, can we expect some poor performance ?
>
> I believe (May be wrong...) that if you have a native OS, it should be
> faster ...
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thierry

No, not for XP 32 bit anyway.
J'ai la version anglaise installée avec le pack français, néérlandais et
allemand. Raisons professionnelles obligent.
Jamais vu la moindre différence dans la rapidité à cause du pack. Il ne
s'agit pas de menus qui sont traduits au moment ou tu cliques dessus mais
bien d'une version différente.
Pas de crainte à avoir de ce côté.

Amicalement

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

NNBXX

Merci Christian pour l'info. En fait je me posais aussi la même question.

Bien à toi,

Jean-Baptiste

"Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Klamer wrote:
>> I know there is already MUI Windows XP
>>
>> I have a question regarding performance...
>>
>> Because MUI WIndows is an english Windows with some extra files on top
>> to adapt the language of the OS, can we expect some poor performance ?
>>
>> I believe (May be wrong...) that if you have a native OS, it should be
>> faster ...
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Thierry

> No, not for XP 32 bit anyway.
> J'ai la version anglaise installée avec le pack français, néérlandais et
> allemand. Raisons professionnelles obligent.
> Jamais vu la moindre différence dans la rapidité à cause du pack. Il ne
> s'agit pas de menus qui sont traduits au moment ou tu cliques dessus mais
> bien d'une version différente.
> Pas de crainte à avoir de ce côté.
>
> Amicalement
>

> --
> Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
> Johannesburg - South Africa
> http://msmvps.com/xpditif

Andre Da Costa

Come on guys, the MS Word translator is not that good, speak English.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Merci Christian pour l'info. En fait je me posais aussi la même question.
>
> Bien à toi,
>
> Jean-Baptiste
>
> "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Klamer wrote:
>>> I know there is already MUI Windows XP
>>>
>>> I have a question regarding performance...
>>>
>>> Because MUI WIndows is an english Windows with some extra files on top
>>> to adapt the language of the OS, can we expect some poor performance ?
>>>
>>> I believe (May be wrong...) that if you have a native OS, it should be
>>> faster ...
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Thierry

>> No, not for XP 32 bit anyway.
>> J'ai la version anglaise installée avec le pack français, néérlandais et
>> allemand. Raisons professionnelles obligent.
>> Jamais vu la moindre différence dans la rapidité à cause du pack. Il ne
>> s'agit pas de menus qui sont traduits au moment ou tu cliques dessus mais
>> bien d'une version différente.
>> Pas de crainte à avoir de ce côté.
>>
>> Amicalement
>>

>> --
>> Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
>> Johannesburg - South Africa
>> http://msmvps.com/xpditif

NNBXX

Usually we do. But this time we didn't. Maybe the tribal instinct ?

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Come on guys, the MS Word translator is not that good, speak English.
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Merci Christian pour l'info. En fait je me posais aussi la même question.
>>
>> Bien à toi,
>>
>> Jean-Baptiste
>>
>> "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> No, not for XP 32 bit anyway.
>>> J'ai la version anglaise installée avec le pack français, néérlandais et
>>> allemand. Raisons professionnelles obligent.
>>> Jamais vu la moindre différence dans la rapidité à cause du pack. Il ne
>>> s'agit pas de menus qui sont traduits au moment ou tu cliques dessus
>>> mais bien d'une version différente.
>>> Pas de crainte à avoir de ce côté.
>>>
>>> Amicalement
>>>

>>> --
>>> Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
>>> Johannesburg - South Africa
>>> http://msmvps.com/xpditif

Juergen Kluth

Hi,
what performance problem do you have when You are looking at any dialog ?

For example : You set your screen resolution, and decide to chose 16 bit
colors - where do you expect poor performance ?

MUI is not involved getting webpages doing database-transations playing
videos or so, I think.

Might be a different set of files beeing opend instead of any else, some
help files, might be dialogs in dll's, registry entries.

Search for some cpl files and click on it.
regards jk

Charlie Russel - MVP

Hey, they're entitled, it's a MUI question.

--
Charlie.

Andre Da Costa wrote:
> Come on guys, the MS Word translator is not that good, speak English.
>
> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Merci Christian pour l'info. En fait je me posais aussi la même
>> question. Bien à toi,
>>
>> Jean-Baptiste
>>
>> "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> No, not for XP 32 bit anyway.
>>> J'ai la version anglaise installée avec le pack français,
>>> néérlandais et allemand. Raisons professionnelles obligent.
>>> Jamais vu la moindre différence dans la rapidité à cause du pack.
>>> Il ne s'agit pas de menus qui sont traduits au moment ou tu cliques
>>> dessus mais bien d'une version différente.
>>> Pas de crainte à avoir de ce côté.
>>>
>>> Amicalement
>>>

>>> --
>>> Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
>>> Johannesburg - South Africa
>>> http://msmvps.com/xpditif

tawpgk

not a problem deciphering the context with high school French taken 30 years
ago.

try Google.

--
Tom

Andre Da Costa wrote:
> Come on guys, the MS Word translator is not that good, speak English.

Hi André,

I did ask, thru my mvp lead, the opening of a french windowsxp.64bit.
general.
It's for the near future. So, in the mean time, when I know that I'm
answering questions from french speaking fellows, I'll take the liberty to
write in french.
Feel free to ask if you think you need to know

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa
http://msmvps.com/xpditif

Andre Da Costa

Hi Christian, thank you and thanks for adding accent to my name.