Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Now can we work on the PID

Now can we work on the PID

The Fatbastard

Now that we have the download wed site offline.
What is the status of the PID's not working on the Technology Advancement
Program and the
2nd tier thing?

Has anyone got a reply to 2nd tier request other then
tell you how to find your PID and we let you know in
two weeks

=?Utf-8?B?UmF2bGVu?=

I wish I knew myself. It is now 4 weeks since the start of the Upgrade
program, and still no answer from Tier2, and my PID/COA still aren't being
accepted. (OEM PID). Wish an actual MS rep would let us know what's the hold
up...

Ravlen

"The Fatbastard" wrote:

> Now that we have the download wed site offline.
> What is the status of the PID's not working on the Technology Advancement
> Program and the
> 2nd tier thing?
>
> Has anyone got a reply to 2nd tier request other then
> tell you how to find your PID and we let you know in
> two weeks

Tocapet

Ordered mine yesterday and my COA got accepted. I received an email
confirming it.

Tocapet

Let the flames begin (ducking behind my heat-shield)

Rick

Tocapet wrote:
> Ordered mine yesterday and my COA got accepted. I received an email
> confirming it.
>
> Tocapet
>
> Let the flames begin (ducking behind my heat-shield)

Thanks for the update, Tacopet. I just submitted my order using the COA
and it went thru also. I must have tried at least 50 time previously.

Rick

=?Utf-8?B?UmF2bGVu?=

There's an issue with people who have "OEM" in their PID. You can check this
on your PC. Right-click on "My Computer", click on properties and look for
the Product ID. If you have OEM in there, neither your Product ID (PID) nor
your COA will be accepted by the system.

We've e-mailed Tier2 about it, but as of yet no one has heard back from them.

The main issue that alot of us have, is that Microsoft isn't acknowledging
that there even is an issue. They just say "e-mail tier2" and never accept
that there might be a class of COA/PID's that aren't working.

Ravlen

"Tocapet" wrote:

> Ordered mine yesterday and my COA got accepted. I received an email
> confirming it.
>
> Tocapet
>
> Let the flames begin (ducking behind my heat-shield)

Charlie Russel - MVP

It's simply not true that MS isn't acknowldeging there is an issue. There
have been three regular MS representatives on this newsgroup every day. They
have repeatedly acknowledged the issue, and stated repeatedly that it is
being worked on. Some OEM PIDs works, some don't. Why has been difficult to
track down, but the following statement from Joe Swart pretty much covers the
issue:
=================
What I will say is I've personally been looking into this and it's being
worked on.

Why you're specific OEM PID is not working varies from user to user. I've
seen post from users that indicate OEM PID's have worked and I've tested the
site myself with an OEM PID and it worked. (And no I didn't indicate that I
was an employee nor did I test it from work)

Are we looking into this: Yes absolutely!

Can I tell you that your PID will eventually work, No I can't

In short we're working on it.

==================

--
Charlie.

Ravlen wrote:
> There's an issue with people who have "OEM" in their PID. You can
> check this on your PC. Right-click on "My Computer", click on
> properties and look for the Product ID. If you have OEM in there,
> neither your Product ID (PID) nor your COA will be accepted by the
> system.
>
> We've e-mailed Tier2 about it, but as of yet no one has heard back
> from them.
>
> The main issue that alot of us have, is that Microsoft isn't
> acknowledging that there even is an issue. They just say "e-mail
> tier2" and never accept that there might be a class of COA/PID's that
> aren't working.
>
> Ravlen
>
> "Tocapet" wrote:
>
>> Ordered mine yesterday and my COA got accepted. I received an email
>> confirming it.
>>
>> Tocapet
>>
>> Let the flames begin (ducking behind my heat-shield)

The Fatbastard

Will I can not say I did not get a reply. I can say that the two that I have
received are just stupid. In my last email I sent them the PID number and
their reply was to tell how to find the PID. That the part that upsets me
the most. if the PID is their.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It's simply not true that MS isn't acknowldeging there is an issue. There
> have been three regular MS representatives on this newsgroup every day.
> They have repeatedly acknowledged the issue, and stated repeatedly that it
> is being worked on. Some OEM PIDs works, some don't. Why has been
> difficult to track down, but the following statement from Joe Swart pretty
> much covers the issue:
> =================
> What I will say is I've personally been looking into this and it's being
> worked on.
>
> Why you're specific OEM PID is not working varies from user to user. I've
> seen post from users that indicate OEM PID's have worked and I've tested
> the
> site myself with an OEM PID and it worked. (And no I didn't indicate that
> was an employee nor did I test it from work)
>
> Are we looking into this: Yes absolutely!
>
> Can I tell you that your PID will eventually work, No I can't
>
> In short we're working on it.
>
> ==================
>

> --
> Charlie.
>
> Ravlen wrote:
>> There's an issue with people who have "OEM" in their PID. You can
>> check this on your PC. Right-click on "My Computer", click on
>> properties and look for the Product ID. If you have OEM in there,
>> neither your Product ID (PID) nor your COA will be accepted by the
>> system.
>>
>> We've e-mailed Tier2 about it, but as of yet no one has heard back
>> from them.
>>
>> The main issue that alot of us have, is that Microsoft isn't
>> acknowledging that there even is an issue. They just say "e-mail
>> tier2" and never accept that there might be a class of COA/PID's that
>> aren't working.
>>
>> Ravlen
>>
>> "Tocapet" wrote:
>>
>>> Ordered mine yesterday and my COA got accepted. I received an email
>>> confirming it.
>>>
>>> Tocapet
>>>
>>> Let the flames begin (ducking behind my heat-shield)

Andre Da Costa

Maybe your PID and COA do not comply with the time frame for the exchange
program.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"The Fatbastard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Will I can not say I did not get a reply. I can say that the two that I
> have received are just stupid. In my last email I sent them the PID number
> and their reply was to tell how to find the PID. That the part that upsets
> me the most. if the PID is their.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It's simply not true that MS isn't acknowldeging there is an issue. There
>> have been three regular MS representatives on this newsgroup every day.
>> They have repeatedly acknowledged the issue, and stated repeatedly that
>> it is being worked on. Some OEM PIDs works, some don't. Why has been
>> difficult to track down, but the following statement from Joe Swart
>> pretty much covers the issue:
>> =================
>> What I will say is I've personally been looking into this and it's being
>> worked on.
>>
>> Why you're specific OEM PID is not working varies from user to user.
>> I've
>> seen post from users that indicate OEM PID's have worked and I've tested
>> the
>> site myself with an OEM PID and it worked. (And no I didn't indicate that
>> was an employee nor did I test it from work)
>>
>> Are we looking into this: Yes absolutely!
>>
>> Can I tell you that your PID will eventually work, No I can't
>>
>> In short we're working on it.
>>
>> ==================
>>

>> --
>> Charlie.
>>
>> Ravlen wrote:
>>> There's an issue with people who have "OEM" in their PID. You can
>>> check this on your PC. Right-click on "My Computer", click on
>>> properties and look for the Product ID. If you have OEM in there,
>>> neither your Product ID (PID) nor your COA will be accepted by the
>>> system.
>>>
>>> We've e-mailed Tier2 about it, but as of yet no one has heard back
>>> from them.
>>>
>>> The main issue that alot of us have, is that Microsoft isn't
>>> acknowledging that there even is an issue. They just say "e-mail
>>> tier2" and never accept that there might be a class of COA/PID's that
>>> aren't working.
>>>
>>> Ravlen

=?Utf-8?B?TWFj?=

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Maybe your PID and COA do not comply with the time frame for the exchange
> program.
> --

How is the time frame linked to the PID?

Further...the site only states that the system to have been built or
purchased during a specied time frame. It says nothing with regard to the OS.