Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 64 bit drivers for D-Link wireless network adapter model DWL-G510

64 bit drivers for D-Link wireless network adapter model DWL-G510

=?Utf-8?B?QnVubnltYW4=?=

I want to ask if anyone has a solution to 64 bit drivers for a D-Link
wireless network adapter, Model: DWL-G510 rev.2 I have called D-Link and they
do NOT have 64 bit drivers. The Operating system does not either, nor does
Windows Update. The card is New, and works GREAT with my Windows XP 32 bit
Home Edition. Can't install in The new 64 bit XP Pro! Help!

Charlie Russel - MVP

What chipset does the card use? If you know the chipset, you may be able to
find generic drivers that will work with it. But beyond that, you'll need
64-bit drivers (the 32-bit ones will not work), and those will have to come
from the manufacturer.

--
Charlie.

Bunnyman wrote:
> I want to ask if anyone has a solution to 64 bit drivers for a D-Link
> wireless network adapter, Model: DWL-G510 rev.2 I have called D-Link
> and they do NOT have 64 bit drivers. The Operating system does not
> either, nor does Windows Update. The card is New, and works GREAT
> with my Windows XP 32 bit Home Edition. Can't install in The new 64
> bit XP Pro! Help!

=?Utf-8?B?QnVubnltYW4=?=

I am not sure, but I think it uses Realtek chipset. I KNOW for a FACT that
the Manufacturer does NOT have 64 bit drivers for it YET. Thanks Charlie! I
guess it's going to be up to MSFT OR D-Link to provide the drivers. Oh well.

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> What chipset does the card use? If you know the chipset, you may be able to
> find generic drivers that will work with it. But beyond that, you'll need
> 64-bit drivers (the 32-bit ones will not work), and those will have to come
> from the manufacturer.
>
> --
> Charlie.
>
> Bunnyman wrote:
> > I want to ask if anyone has a solution to 64 bit drivers for a D-Link
> > wireless network adapter, Model: DWL-G510 rev.2 I have called D-Link
> > and they do NOT have 64 bit drivers. The Operating system does not
> > either, nor does Windows Update. The card is New, and works GREAT
> > with my Windows XP 32 bit Home Edition. Can't install in The new 64
> > bit XP Pro! Help!

Mark Gillespie

Bunnyman got up from the bar and shouted: :
> I want to ask if anyone has a solution to 64 bit drivers for a D-Link
> wireless network adapter, Model: DWL-G510 rev.2 I have called D-Link and they
> do NOT have 64 bit drivers. The Operating system does not either, nor does
> Windows Update. The card is New, and works GREAT with my Windows XP 32 bit
> Home Edition. Can't install in The new 64 bit XP Pro! Help!

Learn a lesson, never buy Dlink products in the future, if friends ask
about hardware, steer them away from these companies that think it's
acceptable to not support their products. It's the only way to change
the mindset of these manufacturers that think it's not important to look
after their customers.

I have a list of companies that will never get my business or
recommendations.

Dlink
Creative Labs
Epson
Lexmark
+ others

Charlie Russel - MVP

Microsoft doesn't do the drivers, they _must_ come from the mfg. Now
sometimes this means getting the drivers from the final mfg, but sometimes
you can find generic ones for a particular chipset that will work adequately.

--
Charlie.

Bunnyman wrote:
> I am not sure, but I think it uses Realtek chipset. I KNOW for a FACT
> that the Manufacturer does NOT have 64 bit drivers for it YET. Thanks
> Charlie! I guess it's going to be up to MSFT OR D-Link to provide the
> drivers. Oh well.
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> What chipset does the card use? If you know the chipset, you may be
>> able to find generic drivers that will work with it. But beyond
>> that, you'll need 64-bit drivers (the 32-bit ones will not work),
>> and those will have to come from the manufacturer.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>>
>> Bunnyman wrote:
>>> I want to ask if anyone has a solution to 64 bit drivers for a
>>> D-Link wireless network adapter, Model: DWL-G510 rev.2 I have
>>> called D-Link and they do NOT have 64 bit drivers. The Operating
>>> system does not either, nor does Windows Update. The card is New,
>>> and works GREAT with my Windows XP 32 bit Home Edition. Can't
>>> install in The new 64 bit XP Pro! Help!

=?Utf-8?B?QnVubnltYW4=?=

I agree somewhat Mark, However, can YOU tell me a company that I can get a
wireless card supported at? I mean, it will HAVE to have 64 bit drivers. If
you kow, please tell me.

"Mark Gillespie" wrote:

> Bunnyman got up from the bar and shouted: :
> > I want to ask if anyone has a solution to 64 bit drivers for a D-Link
> > wireless network adapter, Model: DWL-G510 rev.2 I have called D-Link and they
> > do NOT have 64 bit drivers. The Operating system does not either, nor does
> > Windows Update. The card is New, and works GREAT with my Windows XP 32 bit
> > Home Edition. Can't install in The new 64 bit XP Pro! Help!

> Learn a lesson, never buy Dlink products in the future, if friends ask
> about hardware, steer them away from these companies that think it's
> acceptable to not support their products. It's the only way to change
> the mindset of these manufacturers that think it's not important to look
> after their customers.
>
> I have a list of companies that will never get my business or
> recommendations.
>
> Dlink
> Creative Labs
> Epson
> Lexmark
> + others

Andre Da Costa

Hi Mark,

I don't know about Lexmark, they had drivers on their website ready in 2000
after I upgraded to Windows 2000 Professional.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O2D$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bunnyman got up from the bar and shouted: :
>> I want to ask if anyone has a solution to 64 bit drivers for a D-Link
>> wireless network adapter, Model: DWL-G510 rev.2 I have called D-Link and
>> they do NOT have 64 bit drivers. The Operating system does not either,
>> nor does Windows Update. The card is New, and works GREAT with my Windows
>> XP 32 bit Home Edition. Can't install in The new 64 bit XP Pro! Help!

> Learn a lesson, never buy Dlink products in the future, if friends ask
> about hardware, steer them away from these companies that think it's
> acceptable to not support their products. It's the only way to change the
> mindset of these manufacturers that think it's not important to look after
> their customers.
>
> I have a list of companies that will never get my business or
> recommendations.
>
> Dlink
> Creative Labs
> Epson
> Lexmark
> + others

Andre Da Costa

I guess, most of these company's mentioned are looking statistics, they want
to ensure a large percentage of their customers have migrated to the
platform before they think about investing in it.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Bunnyman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I agree somewhat Mark, However, can YOU tell me a company that I can get a
> wireless card supported at? I mean, it will HAVE to have 64 bit drivers.
> If
> you kow, please tell me.
>
> "Mark Gillespie" wrote:
>
>> Bunnyman got up from the bar and shouted: :
>> > I want to ask if anyone has a solution to 64 bit drivers for a D-Link
>> > wireless network adapter, Model: DWL-G510 rev.2 I have called D-Link
>> > and they
>> > do NOT have 64 bit drivers. The Operating system does not either, nor
>> > does
>> > Windows Update. The card is New, and works GREAT with my Windows XP 32
>> > bit
>> > Home Edition. Can't install in The new 64 bit XP Pro! Help!

>> Learn a lesson, never buy Dlink products in the future, if friends ask
>> about hardware, steer them away from these companies that think it's
>> acceptable to not support their products. It's the only way to change
>> the mindset of these manufacturers that think it's not important to look
>> after their customers.
>>
>> I have a list of companies that will never get my business or
>> recommendations.
>>
>> Dlink
>> Creative Labs
>> Epson
>> Lexmark
>> + others

=?Utf-8?B?QnVubnltYW4=?=

Getting back to my issue, let me bottom line it. I want to use wireless
network adapter in my 64 bit machine. Does anyone here know where I can get
one that has 64 bit drivvers so I can install & use it? By the way, D- Link,
Lexmark, etc. All are OK by me. It's juat liike Andre said, I guess they're
looking at numbers. However, the Operating System IS out there in big
numbers. So, somebody should at least have drivers for this type device. I
hope. Soon.

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I don't know about Lexmark, they had drivers on their website ready in 2000
> after I upgraded to Windows 2000 Professional.
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O2D$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Bunnyman got up from the bar and shouted: :
> >> I want to ask if anyone has a solution to 64 bit drivers for a D-Link
> >> wireless network adapter, Model: DWL-G510 rev.2 I have called D-Link and
> >> they do NOT have 64 bit drivers. The Operating system does not either,
> >> nor does Windows Update. The card is New, and works GREAT with my Windows
> >> XP 32 bit Home Edition. Can't install in The new 64 bit XP Pro! Help!

> > Learn a lesson, never buy Dlink products in the future, if friends ask
> > about hardware, steer them away from these companies that think it's
> > acceptable to not support their products. It's the only way to change the
> > mindset of these manufacturers that think it's not important to look after
> > their customers.
> >
> > I have a list of companies that will never get my business or
> > recommendations.
> >
> > Dlink
> > Creative Labs
> > Epson
> > Lexmark
> > + others

Alessandro

Just a question....I read your post but I have not understand if there are
drivers for Dlink or not....please tell me somithing.

Thank you.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...