Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Small Business Server 2003 Firewall Install Fails

Small Business Server 2003 Firewall Install Fails

=?Utf-8?B?SWFuIFc=?=

If you try to install SVS 2003 firewall client on a Windows 64-bit system,
the install fails with error message 'Failed to CreateProcess(C:\Program
Files (x86)\Microsoft Firewall Client\internal_setup\setup_a.exe /qnt)
Internal Error: 0xd8'

Anyone any ideas what might be causing this and if there's a workaround?

Ian W

Andre Da Costa

This post would be more appropriate in the SBS Newsgroups, but I'm
suspecting it has something to do with installer not being 32 bit possibly.
microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Ian W" <Ian http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you try to install SVS 2003 firewall client on a Windows 64-bit system,
> the install fails with error message 'Failed to CreateProcess(C:\Program
> Files (x86)\Microsoft Firewall Client\internal_setup\setup_a.exe /qnt)
> Internal Error: 0xd8'
>
> Anyone any ideas what might be causing this and if there's a workaround?
>
> Ian W

Charlie Russel - MVP

I've asked this of some SBS MVPs I know, and am waiting for a response now.
If the client is not supported, there should still be a viable workaround
that involves some ISA reconfiguration to allow a non-firewall client machine
out as a secnat client. I'll report back what we hear.

--
Charlie.

Ian W wrote:
> If you try to install SVS 2003 firewall client on a Windows 64-bit
> system, the install fails with error message 'Failed to
> CreateProcess(C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Firewall
> Client\internal_setup\setup_a.exe /qnt) Internal Error: 0xd8'
>
> Anyone any ideas what might be causing this and if there's a
> workaround?
>
> Ian W

Andre Da Costa

The Firewall client from ISA 2000 is not compatible with 64 bit systems. The
ISA 2004 Firewall should work without any problems.

From Mariett Knap (SBS MVP)
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Ian W" <Ian (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you try to install SVS 2003 firewall client on a Windows 64-bit system,
> the install fails with error message 'Failed to CreateProcess(C:\Program
> Files (x86)\Microsoft Firewall Client\internal_setup\setup_a.exe /qnt)
> Internal Error: 0xd8'
>
> Anyone any ideas what might be causing this and if there's a workaround?
>
> Ian W

Charlie Russel - MVP

Not true, unfortunately. The FWC for ISA 2k4 is also not compatible. We're
waiting on a resolution, but for now it looks like setting up x64 clients as
SecureNAT clients and enabling them to have the necessary functionality that
way. It's a pain, and "non-standard" in an SBS environment.

--
Charlie.

Andre Da Costa wrote:
> The Firewall client from ISA 2000 is not compatible with 64 bit
> systems. The ISA 2004 Firewall should work without any problems.
>
> From Mariett Knap (SBS MVP)
>
> "Ian W" <Ian (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you try to install SVS 2003 firewall client on a Windows 64-bit
>> system, the install fails with error message 'Failed to
>> CreateProcess(C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Firewall
>> Client\internal_setup\setup_a.exe /qnt) Internal Error: 0xd8'
>>
>> Anyone any ideas what might be causing this and if there's a
>> workaround? Ian W

Andre Da Costa

Well, if it is a pain Charlie, then I would agree with Mariett, "it is
true".
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta