Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 180 day XP64 trial software?

180 day XP64 trial software?

=?Utf-8?B?b2xkc2FsdA==?=

Just received the cd two days ago. I tried installing it on formatted hd
with no previous OS. It completed the install, rebooted and showed dual boot
options but would not boot when XP64 selected.
Formatted hard drive and reinstalled my downloaded trial version (build 3790
SP1 v1433 and it works fine.
Is there a difference between the two?

Rick

What hardware configuration do you have? What drivers are you using?

oldsalt wrote:
> Just received the cd two days ago. I tried installing it on formatted hd
> with no previous OS. It completed the install, rebooted and showed dual boot
> options but would not boot when XP64 selected.
> Formatted hard drive and reinstalled my downloaded trial version (build 3790
> SP1 v1433 and it works fine.
> Is there a difference between the two?

=?Utf-8?B?b2xkc2FsdA==?=

I'running an AMD64, sata drivers. The download version recognized all of my
hardware except my Microtek scanner. I have just run into problems
installing applications such as Office 2003 and Norton Ghost. Yet Nero 6.0
installed without a problem.
I'm thinking of trying to install the trial CD on top of the download
version and see what happens.
New subject: I tried to swap my 32 bit OEM version of XP Pro but the
submission told me the COA was invalid. I sent all the information to the
e-mail address they said to use and I haven't heard back yet. It's been a
week.
Thanks for your reply.