Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > connecting to 64 bit cmd.exe or regedit.exe from remote scripts

connecting to 64 bit cmd.exe or regedit.exe from remote scripts

=?Utf-8?B?Y2FmZWJpcmQ=?=

Many of my scripts are not working on the 64 bit machines.
I think it's because they are using the WOW64 version of the exe instead of
the system32 version.
Does anyone know the trick to allow remote batch files to work?
Even the psexec program is having problems with the 64bit nodes.
I'm trying to narrow it down, but still searching for answers.
Thanks if you can help.
cafebird

Andre Da Costa

The WOW64 subsystem redirects 32-bit binary calls without requiring changes
to the 32-bit binaries. However, you may see evidence of this redirection
when you perform some tasks. For example, if you type a command-line script
at a 64-bit command prompt, the command prompt may not be able to access
32-bit programs in the Program Files folder. The WOW64 subsystem redirects
and installs 32-bit programs in the Program Files (x86) folder. To access
the correct folder, you must change the command-line script. Alternatively,
you must type the command-line script at a 32-bit command prompt. The 32-bit
command prompt automatically redirects file system calls to the correct
32-bit directory.

To start a 32-bit command prompt, follow these steps:
. Click Start, click Run, type %windir%\SysWoW64\cmd.exe, and then
click OK.

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"cafebird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Many of my scripts are not working on the 64 bit machines.
> I think it's because they are using the WOW64 version of the exe instead
> of
> the system32 version.
> Does anyone know the trick to allow remote batch files to work?
> Even the psexec program is having problems with the 64bit nodes.
> I'm trying to narrow it down, but still searching for answers.
> Thanks if you can help.
> cafebird

PRIYANSMURARKA PRIYANSMURARKA is offline
Junior Member

can anyone tell me how can i access debug in 64 bit command prompt
i cant access it thru typing debug
nor is it mentioned in help