Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > XP Trial Download Error Message

XP Trial Download Error Message

BossHogg

this is ridiculus...seriously. Come the F on!

You people need to stop sticking up for them. They are the biggest company
in the world and your telling me they can supply what they offer and make a
website work?? Let face it any company would test and make sure it works
before "going live". They have no problem "authorizing" xp or processing our
payments etc etc.

With unlimited resources this company should be able to handle this. These
are the people that made the internet what it is today!!

"russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> no reason ? , what about we pay their wages with buying their products
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Actually that and other reasons I can think of should be more than enough
>> for a free program Microsoft makes available.
>> Other than being nice to potential users, there is no reason Microsoft
>> needs
>> to make this free program available at all.
>> If waiting is truly a problem, there are other sources from Microsoft
>> that
>> have been available for some time.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > thats no excuse from such a large company such as microsoft , they
>> > should
>> > have known the demand that this would get

Andre Da Costa

Well, Microsoft has been preaching since May 2004 at WinHEC 2004 that
Developers need to start writing drivers for XP Pro x64 now. The product has
long been in beta since April 2003, so its not Microsoft's fault. And we
must remember, this is really a new platform and it takes time for the
transition to eventually become smooth.

Its specifically targetted to Technical environments and Enthusiast, which
would mean that you love being on the cutting edge no matter the
consequences.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"BossHogg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> this is ridiculus...seriously. Come the F on!
>
> You people need to stop sticking up for them. They are the biggest company
> in the world and your telling me they can supply what they offer and make
> a website work?? Let face it any company would test and make sure it
> works before "going live". They have no problem "authorizing" xp or
> processing our payments etc etc.
>
> With unlimited resources this company should be able to handle this. These
> are the people that made the internet what it is today!!
>

> "russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> no reason ? , what about we pay their wages with buying their products
>>
>> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> Actually that and other reasons I can think of should be more than
>>> enough
>>> for a free program Microsoft makes available.
>>> Other than being nice to potential users, there is no reason Microsoft
>>> needs
>>> to make this free program available at all.
>>> If waiting is truly a problem, there are other sources from Microsoft
>>> that
>>> have been available for some time.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>>> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
>>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>>

>>> "russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

M. Murcek

They're the biggest company in the world, and there's no excuse for a
glitch? If this stuff were all so simple, all of us here would be tending
cows or welding for a living. Yes, Virginia, sometimes IT (read EYE-TEE)
IS HARD!!!

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, Microsoft has been preaching since May 2004 at WinHEC 2004 that
> Developers need to start writing drivers for XP Pro x64 now. The product
> has long been in beta since April 2003, so its not Microsoft's fault. And
> we must remember, this is really a new platform and it takes time for the
> transition to eventually become smooth.
>
> Its specifically targetted to Technical environments and Enthusiast, which
> would mean that you love being on the cutting edge no matter the
> consequences.
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "BossHogg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> this is ridiculus...seriously. Come the F on!
>>
>> You people need to stop sticking up for them. They are the biggest
>> company in the world and your telling me they can supply what they offer
>> and make a website work?? Let face it any company would test and make
>> sure it works before "going live". They have no problem "authorizing" xp
>> or processing our payments etc etc.
>>
>> With unlimited resources this company should be able to handle this.
>> These are the people that made the internet what it is today!!
>>

>> "russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> no reason ? , what about we pay their wages with buying their products

Joe Swart [MSFT]

I'm not going to make any excuses, it's not working and we're looking into
it.

-Joe Swart [MSFT]

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
newsgroups.

"M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> They're the biggest company in the world, and there's no excuse for a
> glitch? If this stuff were all so simple, all of us here would be tending
> cows or welding for a living. Yes, Virginia, sometimes IT (read EYE-TEE)
> IS HARD!!!
>
> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Well, Microsoft has been preaching since May 2004 at WinHEC 2004 that
> > Developers need to start writing drivers for XP Pro x64 now. The product
> > has long been in beta since April 2003, so its not Microsoft's fault.

And
> > we must remember, this is really a new platform and it takes time for

the
> > transition to eventually become smooth.
> >
> > Its specifically targetted to Technical environments and Enthusiast,

which
> > would mean that you love being on the cutting edge no matter the
> > consequences.
> > --
> >
> > Andre
> >
> > "BossHogg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> this is ridiculus...seriously. Come the F on!
> >>
> >> You people need to stop sticking up for them. They are the biggest
> >> company in the world and your telling me they can supply what they

offer
> >> and make a website work?? Let face it any company would test and make
> >> sure it works before "going live". They have no problem "authorizing"

xp
> >> or processing our payments etc etc.
> >>
> >> With unlimited resources this company should be able to handle this.
> >> These are the people that made the internet what it is today!!
> >>

> >> "russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Microsoft

=?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=

at last a reply from ms , thx for the info

"Joe Swart [MSFT]" wrote:

> I'm not going to make any excuses, it's not working and we're looking into
> it.
>
> -Joe Swart [MSFT]

> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
> newsgroups.
>

> "M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > They're the biggest company in the world, and there's no excuse for a
> > glitch? If this stuff were all so simple, all of us here would be tending
> > cows or welding for a living. Yes, Virginia, sometimes IT (read EYE-TEE)
> > IS HARD!!!
> >
> > "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Well, Microsoft has been preaching since May 2004 at WinHEC 2004 that
> > > Developers need to start writing drivers for XP Pro x64 now. The product
> > > has long been in beta since April 2003, so its not Microsoft's fault.

> And
> > > we must remember, this is really a new platform and it takes time for

> the
> > > transition to eventually become smooth.
> > >
> > > Its specifically targetted to Technical environments and Enthusiast,

> which
> > > would mean that you love being on the cutting edge no matter the
> > > consequences.
> > > --
> > >
> > > Andre
> > > http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
> > > FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> > >
> > > "BossHogg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> offer

> xp

> Microsoft

NNBXX

Surely it's a scripting/SQL issue.

Thanks for the info though.

"Joe Swart [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%230n%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not going to make any excuses, it's not working and we're looking into
> it.
>
> -Joe Swart [MSFT]

> rights.
> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
> newsgroups.
>

> "M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> They're the biggest company in the world, and there's no excuse for a
>> glitch? If this stuff were all so simple, all of us here would be
>> tending
>> cows or welding for a living. Yes, Virginia, sometimes IT (read EYE-TEE)
>> IS HARD!!!
>>
>> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Well, Microsoft has been preaching since May 2004 at WinHEC 2004 that
>> > Developers need to start writing drivers for XP Pro x64 now. The
>> > product
>> > has long been in beta since April 2003, so its not Microsoft's fault.

> And
>> > we must remember, this is really a new platform and it takes time for

> the
>> > transition to eventually become smooth.
>> >
>> > Its specifically targetted to Technical environments and Enthusiast,

> which
>> > would mean that you love being on the cutting edge no matter the
>> > consequences.
>> > --
>> >
>> > Andre
>> > http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>> > FAQ for MS AntiSpy
>> > http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> >
>> > "BossHogg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> offer

> xp

> Microsoft

Jonathan Taylor

Any ETA on this problem?

Jonathan

NNBXX wrote:
> Surely it's a scripting/SQL issue.
>
> Thanks for the info though.
>
> "Joe Swart [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%230n%(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I'm not going to make any excuses, it's not working and we're looking into
>>it.
>>
>>-Joe Swart [MSFT]
>>
>>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>>rights.
>>Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
>>newsgroups.
>>

>>"M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:%(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>>>They're the biggest company in the world, and there's no excuse for a
>>>glitch? If this stuff were all so simple, all of us here would be
>>>tending
>>>cows or welding for a living. Yes, Virginia, sometimes IT (read EYE-TEE)
>>>IS HARD!!!
>>>
>>>"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>And

>>the

>>which

>>offer

>>xp

>>Microsoft

Andre Da Costa

I'm not going to make any excuses, it's not working and we're looking into
it.

-Joe Swart [MSFT]
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Jonathan Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any ETA on this problem?
>
> Jonathan
>

> NNBXX wrote:
>> Surely it's a scripting/SQL issue.
>>
>> Thanks for the info though.
>>
>> "Joe Swart [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%230n%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>I'm not going to make any excuses, it's not working and we're looking
>>>into
>>>it.
>>>
>>>-Joe Swart [MSFT]
>>>
>>>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>>>rights.
>>>Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
>>>newsgroups.
>>>

>>>"M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:%(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>>And

>>>the

>>>which

>>>offer

>>>xp

>>>Microsoft

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?=

If there is still a problem can you remove the download so we dont have to
keep putting in our details for no reason?