Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > question for Microsoft, Microsoft drivers

question for Microsoft, Microsoft drivers

Calvn Frankum

Sorry if this has been asked before, only nothing came up in the search,
When can we expect to see Microsoft drivers for the Internet Keyboard and
Explorer mouse, so we can reprogram the function buttons?

Andre Da Costa

Currently we dont have an Intellitype that is x64 compatible.
From Joseph.

--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Calvn Frankum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry if this has been asked before, only nothing came up in the search,
> When can we expect to see Microsoft drivers for the Internet Keyboard and
> Explorer mouse, so we can reprogram the function buttons?

=?Utf-8?B?dXB0YXBodW5r?=

Yes we know that x64 does not but the question is "when". Is it then true
that Microsoft plans to, but noone seems to know?

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Currently we dont have an Intellitype that is x64 compatible.
> From Joseph.
>
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "Calvn Frankum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Sorry if this has been asked before, only nothing came up in the search,
> > When can we expect to see Microsoft drivers for the Internet Keyboard and
> > Explorer mouse, so we can reprogram the function buttons?

Andre Da Costa

Its out in the open, they will report back to the group when it is
supported.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"uptaphunk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes we know that x64 does not but the question is "when". Is it then true
> that Microsoft plans to, but noone seems to know?
>
> "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
>
>> Currently we dont have an Intellitype that is x64 compatible.
>> From Joseph.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Andre
>>
>> "Calvn Frankum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Sorry if this has been asked before, only nothing came up in the
>> > search,
>> > When can we expect to see Microsoft drivers for the Internet Keyboard
>> > and
>> > Explorer mouse, so we can reprogram the function buttons?

David R. Norton MVP

"Calvn Frankum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:

> Sorry if this has been asked before, only nothing came up in the
> search, When can we expect to see Microsoft drivers for the
> Internet Keyboard and Explorer mouse, so we can reprogram the
> function buttons?

AFAIK, MSFT doesn't make any hardware, it's contracted and they're
dependent upon the manufacturers to provide the 64 bit drivers.

I'm sure they're leaning on them as hard as they can!

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>

Andre Da Costa

The question is targetted specifically towards Microsoft Branded hardware.
--

"David R. Norton MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Calvn Frankum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:
>
>> Sorry if this has been asked before, only nothing came up in the
>> search, When can we expect to see Microsoft drivers for the
>> Internet Keyboard and Explorer mouse, so we can reprogram the
>> function buttons?

> AFAIK, MSFT doesn't make any hardware, it's contracted and they're
> dependent upon the manufacturers to provide the 64 bit drivers.
>
> I'm sure they're leaning on them as hard as they can!
>

> --
> David R. Norton MVP
> <(E-Mail Removed)>

David R. Norton MVP

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:

> The question is targetted specifically towards Microsoft Branded
> hardware.

My answer was targetted specifically towards Microsoft branded
hardware.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>

Joe Swart [MSFT]

I've brought this up with the hardware team that owns these devices; it's in
the hands of the devs now.

Once I hear something I'll post it.

--
-Joe Swart [MSFT]

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
newsgroups.