Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > help

=?Utf-8?B?a3VzaHRyaW0=?=

I have amd athlon 64 win xp please could you help me to make drive E:\;
f:\ etc. I have only c:\ and d:\(cd-dvd)

Andre Da Costa

Right click My Computer > Manage > Disk Management. Right click the drive
and click "Change Drive Letter & Path" > Change > Assign the following drive
letter > click in the drop down list.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"kushtrim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have amd athlon 64 win xp please could you help me to make drive E:\;
> f:\ etc. I have only c:\ and d:\(cd-dvd)

Roy Coorne

kushtrim wrote:
> I have amd athlon 64 win xp please could you help me to make drive E:\;
> f:\ etc. I have only c:\ and d:\(cd-dvd)

WinXP: Start > Help and Support > System Administration > Disk
Management > ... (e.g. Disk Management Overview)

HTH -
r0y

Tocapet

I think he's trying to create more partitions is what I'm getting from his
post. He only has C and D partitions and wants to create more.

Kushtrim, you need Partition Magic. That is the easiest way. Otherwise,
you will have to use Fdisk and lose everything.

Tocapet
"kushtrim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have amd athlon 64 win xp please could you help me to make drive E:\;
> f:\ etc. I have only c:\ and d:\(cd-dvd)

Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\)

Tocapet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I think he's trying to create more partitions is what I'm getting
> from his post. He only has C and D partitions and wants to create
> more.
> Kushtrim, you need Partition Magic. That is the easiest way. Otherwise,
> you will have to use Fdisk and lose everything.
>
> Tocapet
> "kushtrim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have amd athlon 64 win xp please could you help me to make
>> drive E:\; f:\ etc. I have only c:\ and d:\(cd-dvd)

I think you're right. But, it the guy doesn't know how to create partitions
on his HDD, I think that the best thing to do is to forget the installation
of x64. He's got a lot to learn before being able to install the OS. Not to
speak about dual boot etc...

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

Tony Sperling

Unless he wants to 'dual-boot', in which case the new system
partition will be assigned after the CD's. It's a shame that the
assignment of drive letters isn't system specific, such that each
system partition can have its own [C:\] drive, that would be much
more in-line with human logic. . .to think of your c:\ drive as
the system partition of the system you are actually working in, as opposed to the system you first installed.

Alas, not much can be done about it - as I understand - beyond re-assigning any CD's before creating the new partition -
leaving an empty space for the new partition. This, at least, would put the CD's last.

On the other hand you might want to keep them separated so as making the whole thing overly obvious - then again, you
could make use of the disk label to have some text accompany the drive letter:

Whatever, regards.

Tony. . .