Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Exam Test for 70-219

Exam Test for 70-219

Rafael Tejera

I had read the sybex book of 70-219, I've been practicing a lot. Now I want
to use some exam test. Which you think is the best, trasncendant o what?

RT

bill

The transcenders are the best. If you score high with the
transcenders, you should do well on the exam.

Good Luck,
bill

Chris Lukowski

Here's my advice (from somebody who failed 219 once and
passed it just a few hours ago):

Definately study with Transcender if at all possible,
I've found it to be a great help with all my previous
exams, HOWEVER it isn't enough for this exam. I would
definately, in addition to Transcender, read through some
chapters in whatever texts you have (like those by
Syngress), paying particular attention to anything having
to do with DNS servers (including UNIX), multiple forest
situations, proper placements for group/security
policies, OU structure and use, and domain placement.

I would also HIGHLY recommend to take full advantage of
the scrap paper they'll provide you during the test to
take notes from the case studies and draw a rough
graphical representation of the forest/site/domain/OU
structure. Believe me when I say you have to make the
most of your time during the exam as it runs out fast,
especially if you waste too much time flipping back and
forth through the questions and the case study. Don't
listen to any advice stating to read the questions first
and find the info in the case study later, because if you
take the time to -really- understand what's going on in
the case study the questions will be a breeze.

Good luck!

Mikiemov

I agree, transcenders are great exam prep tools however
for the 219 exam they were lacking in volume somewhat.

I purchased the MS Readiness Review book, which is exactly
what you are looking for...

Rafael Tejera

Could you give me the anme of that book (MS Readiness Review book)

RT

"Mikiemov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3ea201c3fe03$91eb9bc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I agree, transcenders are great exam prep tools however
> for the 219 exam they were lacking in volume somewhat.
>
> I purchased the MS Readiness Review book, which is exactly
> what you are looking for...

Chris Lukowski

Well, mine is called "MCSE: Designing Windows 2000
Directory Services Study Guide" and it's put out by
Osborne (not Ozzy though). You can find them cheap on
Amazon.com but let me tell you these books are nice and
THICK. They're Microsoft approved and were specified by
the MCSE classes I took at my college. Should be helpful
as a backup in your case.