Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Audio drivers for NCCH-DL (AC'97 I think)

Audio drivers for NCCH-DL (AC'97 I think)

Coercitas

Hello all,

I would like to know where I can find x64 audio drivers (the one I'm looking
for is Soundmax Cadenza, I think it is a AC'97 chipset but not sure).

Asus didn't publish any driver for x64 OS despite they claim in every
advertising that their motherboard is fully compatible with x64 OS (and they
are very proud of it, useless to say).

Can someone send a link to compatible drivers ?

Regards

NoNoBadDog!

It is on the ASUS website. ASUS has drivers for all MB Hardware for x64 on
their website. Perhaps you can go look again.

If you cannot find it on the ASUS website (and it *IS* there), you can also
get it form www.planetamd64.com.

Bobby

"Coercitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
>

> I would like to know where I can find x64 audio drivers (the one I'm
> looking
> for is Soundmax Cadenza, I think it is a AC'97 chipset but not sure).
>
> Asus didn't publish any driver for x64 OS despite they claim in every
> advertising that their motherboard is fully compatible with x64 OS (and
> they
> are very proud of it, useless to say).
>
> Can someone send a link to compatible drivers ?
>

> Regards

Coercitas

Hello and thanx for the link,

For ASUS WEBSITE, either you're wrong, either my browser is a liar but I
fail to find anything for x64 and my motherboard.

Will try the other link.

Regards

"NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
#(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is on the ASUS website. ASUS has drivers for all MB Hardware for x64

on
> their website. Perhaps you can go look again.
>
> If you cannot find it on the ASUS website (and it *IS* there), you can

also
> get it form www.planetamd64.com.
>
> Bobby
>

> "Coercitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello all,
> >

> > I would like to know where I can find x64 audio drivers (the one I'm
> > looking
> > for is Soundmax Cadenza, I think it is a AC'97 chipset but not sure).
> >
> > Asus didn't publish any driver for x64 OS despite they claim in every
> > advertising that their motherboard is fully compatible with x64 OS (and
> > they
> > are very proud of it, useless to say).
> >
> > Can someone send a link to compatible drivers ?
> >

> > Regards

Coercitas

Ok, I find them on www.planetamd64.com and I really thank you for this but
I'm 99% sure they aren't on the Asus Website, at least not in the list of
available drivers for NCCH-DL...I won't post they aren't before checking,
you might think.

Regards

"NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
#(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is on the ASUS website. ASUS has drivers for all MB Hardware for x64

on
> their website. Perhaps you can go look again.
>
> If you cannot find it on the ASUS website (and it *IS* there), you can

also
> get it form www.planetamd64.com.
>
> Bobby
>

> "Coercitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello all,
> >

> > I would like to know where I can find x64 audio drivers (the one I'm
> > looking
> > for is Soundmax Cadenza, I think it is a AC'97 chipset but not sure).
> >
> > Asus didn't publish any driver for x64 OS despite they claim in every
> > advertising that their motherboard is fully compatible with x64 OS (and
> > they
> > are very proud of it, useless to say).
> >
> > Can someone send a link to compatible drivers ?
> >

> > Regards

R. B.

Coercitas wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I would like to know where I can find x64 audio drivers (the one I'm looking
> for is Soundmax Cadenza, I think it is a AC'97 chipset but not sure).
>
> Asus didn't publish any driver for x64 OS despite they claim in every
> advertising that their motherboard is fully compatible with x64 OS (and they
> are very proud of it, useless to say).
>
> Can someone send a link to compatible drivers ?
>

> Regards

This is my motherboard (NCCH-DL). The on-board sound is actually
AD1980(SoundMax). The driver that I found works for it is in Asus
website under the motherboard K8V Deluxe. It can be found at
http://www.asus.com/support/download...it.zip~zaqwedc
One problem I had was the setup.exe wouldn't run because it "didn't
support my hardware" Just update through device manager (the inf files
are in \64bit\smaxwdm\w2k_xp inside the zip file)

Coercitas

Hello and thanx R.B., will try yours as well (but I think the one I got from
www.planetamd64.com is fine).

Btw, thanx all for your replies.

"R. B." <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> Coercitas wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >

> > I would like to know where I can find x64 audio drivers (the one I'm

looking
> > for is Soundmax Cadenza, I think it is a AC'97 chipset but not sure).
> >
> > Asus didn't publish any driver for x64 OS despite they claim in every
> > advertising that their motherboard is fully compatible with x64 OS (and

they
> > are very proud of it, useless to say).
> >
> > Can someone send a link to compatible drivers ?
> >

> > Regards
> >

> This is my motherboard (NCCH-DL). The on-board sound is actually
> AD1980(SoundMax). The driver that I found works for it is in Asus
> website under the motherboard K8V Deluxe. It can be found at

http://www.asus.com/support/download...it.zip~zaqwedc
> One problem I had was the setup.exe wouldn't run because it "didn't
> support my hardware" Just update through device manager (the inf files
> are in \64bit\smaxwdm\w2k_xp inside the zip file)

Charlie Russel - MVP

What's interesting is that ASUS has drivers for AC97 for all their current
_workstation_ motherboards. (and that's what others are reporting as seeing
available on the ASUS site, obviously). But nothing showing at all for the
NCCH. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but obviously there are other resources to
find the drivers, fortunately. As NoNoBadDog points out, planetamd64.com is
the current favourite for drivers, with the best selection.

--
Charlie.

Coercitas wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I would like to know where I can find x64 audio drivers (the one I'm
> looking for is Soundmax Cadenza, I think it is a AC'97 chipset but
> not sure).
>
> Asus didn't publish any driver for x64 OS despite they claim in every
> advertising that their motherboard is fully compatible with x64 OS
> (and they are very proud of it, useless to say).
>
> Can someone send a link to compatible drivers ?
>

> Regards

Charlie Russel - MVP

No, actually, they are NOT there for his system. For reasons known only to
ASUS, they are showing NO new drivers at all for the NCCH-DL. Yes, other ASUS
products have drivers available for the AC'97 chipset, but with the NCCH
there's nothing. So cut him some slack. How would he know to not look under
his dual-Xeon Nacona system, but under an AMD Athlon 64 based system for
drivers?

--
Charlie.