Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Win XP Prof X64 Ed upgrade

Win XP Prof X64 Ed upgrade

=?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=

Just got done. The System. ASUS P5AD2-E Premium, P4 640 3.2Ghz, Lga775, 1Gig
Kingston ddr2. Video, BFG Gforce 6600GT. Drives 2x80 GB Barracyda SATA HD in
RAID 0, SONY DRU-720A DVD+R Double Layer DVD+/- RW/+R/CD, no name DVD CD.
Printer Canon PIXMA iP3000.
MOBO 64 Bit drivers are all at ASUS for everything on the MOBO that I use,
i.e. Wifi, Audio, Raid. the only inconvenience was finding the program to
create the F6 RAID floppy.
Graphics Card, Nvida has the 64bit drivers for this card. CD drivers came
off the X64 install disk and appear to be working fine.
Printer There are no Canon drivers for this printer, I ran in circles
looking everywhere, called Canon and was told 1-2 months....Then Bingo,
someone mentioned that there were drivers for some Canon printers in the X64
install, went and loaded one at random from Canon list and lol, it works, not
great, but it works and will do unitl Canon release's 64 Bit drivers.......
Software...Games.....WoW works, EQ2 works, Half-life 2 works, they all run
great, if anything better that they used to.
Install difficulty on a scale of 1-10, about 2-3. Why, You should have been
a gamer in the prewindoz days when you had to know how to work on the files
in your HD with a hex/askii editor, you had to a have a different
audio/video/game controller driver for almost each game....
--
Is It True?

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

The only question I have is why are WoW and EQ2 both on that machine

Glad the install went good for you, nice to hear positive news.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Good to hear you've got it all up and working. (and yes, there are enough
Canon drivers in the base OS that you can get basic functionality from your
printer. It's not everything, but it's usable.)

--
Charlie.

Kubuli_Lager wrote:
> Just got done. The System. ASUS P5AD2-E Premium, P4 640 3.2Ghz,
> Lga775, 1Gig Kingston ddr2. Video, BFG Gforce 6600GT. Drives 2x80 GB
> Barracyda SATA HD in RAID 0, SONY DRU-720A DVD+R Double Layer DVD+/-
> RW/+R/CD, no name DVD CD. Printer Canon PIXMA iP3000.
> MOBO 64 Bit drivers are all at ASUS for everything on the MOBO that I
> use, i.e. Wifi, Audio, Raid. the only inconvenience was finding the
> program to create the F6 RAID floppy.
> Graphics Card, Nvida has the 64bit drivers for this card. CD drivers
> came off the X64 install disk and appear to be working fine.
> Printer There are no Canon drivers for this printer, I ran in
> circles looking everywhere, called Canon and was told 1-2
> months....Then Bingo, someone mentioned that there were drivers for
> some Canon printers in the X64 install, went and loaded one at random
> from Canon list and lol, it works, not great, but it works and will
> do unitl Canon release's 64 Bit drivers.......
> Software...Games.....WoW works, EQ2 works, Half-life 2 works, they
> all run great, if anything better that they used to.
> Install difficulty on a scale of 1-10, about 2-3. Why, You should
> have been a gamer in the prewindoz days when you had to know how to
> work on the files in your HD with a hex/askii editor, you had to a
> have a different audio/video/game controller driver for almost each
> game....

Andre Da Costa

Good to hear from someone who has not encountered any issues.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...