Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Zomax was a bad choice for CRM

Zomax was a bad choice for CRM

=?Utf-8?B?YXR0b3NlY29uZA==?=

Just a general comment for any MS managers who might read this--Zomax was a
terrible choice for handling your x64 Technology Advancement Program customer
relations. A brief list of my own grievences:

1. Had to use a credit card to pay for shipping, but DID NOT RECEIVE a
confirmation email. Quite disturbing, considering Zomax (probably at
Microsoft's direction) makes the upgrade sign-up site look like a MS site,
when in fact it's not. Who has my credit card information, now? Big, big,
mystery.

2. After ordering, the Zomax-run status check web site simply says,
"pending." Pending what, precisely, and until when? Simply "pending" is
inadequate, especially now that I'm concerned about the security and location
of my personal financial information (see #1, above). Strike two.

3. Repeated emails to the address listed on the upgrade site yield no
reply--even direct email inquiries to Zomax go unanswered. Isn't it true that
one of the biggest reasons for outsourcing your customer relations is because
you don't have the staff on hand to handle the inevitable high volume of
communications necessary, and the company you hire has the needed capacity?
Apparently Zomax fails again. Strike three.

Check out the planetamd64.com and extended64.com sites--you'll see I'm just
a drop in the bucket. MS, you really dropped the ball when you hired Zomax.
Please don't use them again.

Bill Sharpe

Let's add another one: They do not ship to APO addresses. Won't even
accept my APO billing address for my US credit card. Can't even have it
shipped to someone in the CONUS and have them mail it to me.

Bill

"attosecond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just a general comment for any MS managers who might read this--Zomax was
> terrible choice for handling your x64 Technology Advancement Program
> customer
> relations. A brief list of my own grievences:
>
> 1. Had to use a credit card to pay for shipping, but DID NOT RECEIVE a
> confirmation email. Quite disturbing, considering Zomax (probably at
> Microsoft's direction) makes the upgrade sign-up site look like a MS site,
> when in fact it's not. Who has my credit card information, now? Big, big,
> mystery.
>
> 2. After ordering, the Zomax-run status check web site simply says,
> "pending." Pending what, precisely, and until when? Simply "pending" is
> inadequate, especially now that I'm concerned about the security and
> location
> of my personal financial information (see #1, above). Strike two.
>
> 3. Repeated emails to the address listed on the upgrade site yield no
> reply--even direct email inquiries to Zomax go unanswered. Isn't it true
> that
> one of the biggest reasons for outsourcing your customer relations is
> because
> you don't have the staff on hand to handle the inevitable high volume of
> communications necessary, and the company you hire has the needed
> capacity?
> Apparently Zomax fails again. Strike three.
>
> Check out the planetamd64.com and extended64.com sites--you'll see I'm
> just
> a drop in the bucket. MS, you really dropped the ball when you hired
> Zomax.
> Please don't use them again.

Andre Da Costa

Well, the last time Joseph said it was being discussed.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Bill Sharpe" <eschol@remove_this.shinbiro.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Let's add another one: They do not ship to APO addresses. Won't even
> accept my APO billing address for my US credit card. Can't even have it
> shipped to someone in the CONUS and have them mail it to me.
>
> Bill
>
> "attosecond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Just a general comment for any MS managers who might read this--Zomax was
>> terrible choice for handling your x64 Technology Advancement Program
>> customer
>> relations. A brief list of my own grievences:
>>
>> 1. Had to use a credit card to pay for shipping, but DID NOT RECEIVE a
>> confirmation email. Quite disturbing, considering Zomax (probably at
>> Microsoft's direction) makes the upgrade sign-up site look like a MS
>> site,
>> when in fact it's not. Who has my credit card information, now? Big, big,
>> mystery.
>>
>> 2. After ordering, the Zomax-run status check web site simply says,
>> "pending." Pending what, precisely, and until when? Simply "pending" is
>> inadequate, especially now that I'm concerned about the security and
>> location
>> of my personal financial information (see #1, above). Strike two.
>>
>> 3. Repeated emails to the address listed on the upgrade site yield no
>> reply--even direct email inquiries to Zomax go unanswered. Isn't it true
>> that
>> one of the biggest reasons for outsourcing your customer relations is
>> because
>> you don't have the staff on hand to handle the inevitable high volume of
>> communications necessary, and the company you hire has the needed
>> capacity?
>> Apparently Zomax fails again. Strike three.
>>
>> Check out the planetamd64.com and extended64.com sites--you'll see I'm
>> just
>> a drop in the bucket. MS, you really dropped the ball when you hired
>> Zomax.
>> Please don't use them again.

Bill Sharpe

Yep, sure did and was. But unfortunately, in another thread a few days ago,
he said it appeared it wouldn't happen. Paul Richardson, MSFT has been
working since November 2000 when I bugged the OOBE registration wizard in
Whistler and again for SP1 to include the APO state codes. Can remember
who, but someone else, a military retiree, from MSFT contacted me in 2002
and took on the challenge. But after nearly 5 years, MSFT still forgets
about those of us who only have an APO address. And yes, it is a severe
irritant to me and I will bring it up any chance I get. I have even been
contacted by an attorney that is interested in filing a class action
lawsuit. Hope it gets resolved before it comes to that, but I will join the
class if it happens. Stepping down off soapbox....

Bill

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, the last time Joseph said it was being discussed.
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "Bill Sharpe" <eschol@remove_this.shinbiro.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Let's add another one: They do not ship to APO addresses. Won't even
>> accept my APO billing address for my US credit card. Can't even have it
>> shipped to someone in the CONUS and have them mail it to me.
>>
>> Bill
>>
>> "attosecond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Just a general comment for any MS managers who might read this--Zomax
>>> was a
>>> terrible choice for handling your x64 Technology Advancement Program
>>> customer
>>> relations. A brief list of my own grievences:
>>>
>>> 1. Had to use a credit card to pay for shipping, but DID NOT RECEIVE a
>>> confirmation email. Quite disturbing, considering Zomax (probably at
>>> Microsoft's direction) makes the upgrade sign-up site look like a MS
>>> site,
>>> when in fact it's not. Who has my credit card information, now? Big,
>>> big,
>>> mystery.
>>>
>>> 2. After ordering, the Zomax-run status check web site simply says,
>>> "pending." Pending what, precisely, and until when? Simply "pending" is
>>> inadequate, especially now that I'm concerned about the security and
>>> location
>>> of my personal financial information (see #1, above). Strike two.
>>>
>>> 3. Repeated emails to the address listed on the upgrade site yield no
>>> reply--even direct email inquiries to Zomax go unanswered. Isn't it true
>>> that
>>> one of the biggest reasons for outsourcing your customer relations is
>>> because
>>> you don't have the staff on hand to handle the inevitable high volume of
>>> communications necessary, and the company you hire has the needed
>>> capacity?
>>> Apparently Zomax fails again. Strike three.
>>>
>>> Check out the planetamd64.com and extended64.com sites--you'll see I'm
>>> just
>>> a drop in the bucket. MS, you really dropped the ball when you hired
>>> Zomax.
>>> Please don't use them again.

Charlie Russel - MVP

I don't think anyone who reads this newsgroup, or any of the other community
sites, will have ANY doubt that the Technology Advancement Program has had
serious shortcomings and glitches, all or most originating with the
fulfillment vendor. And I'm quite confident that the message is getting read
by those who made the selection.

--
Charlie.

attosecond wrote:
> Just a general comment for any MS managers who might read this--Zomax
> was a terrible choice for handling your x64 Technology Advancement
> Program customer relations. A brief list of my own grievences:
>
> 1. Had to use a credit card to pay for shipping, but DID NOT RECEIVE a
> confirmation email. Quite disturbing, considering Zomax (probably at
> Microsoft's direction) makes the upgrade sign-up site look like a MS
> site, when in fact it's not. Who has my credit card information, now?
> Big, big, mystery.
>
> 2. After ordering, the Zomax-run status check web site simply says,
> "pending." Pending what, precisely, and until when? Simply "pending"
> is inadequate, especially now that I'm concerned about the security
> and location of my personal financial information (see #1, above).
> Strike two.
>
> 3. Repeated emails to the address listed on the upgrade site yield no
> reply--even direct email inquiries to Zomax go unanswered. Isn't it
> true that one of the biggest reasons for outsourcing your customer
> relations is because you don't have the staff on hand to handle the
> inevitable high volume of communications necessary, and the company
> you hire has the needed capacity? Apparently Zomax fails again.
> Strike three.
>
> Check out the planetamd64.com and extended64.com sites--you'll see
> I'm just a drop in the bucket. MS, you really dropped the ball when
> you hired Zomax. Please don't use them again.

Joe Swart [MSFT]

I've forwarded this thread, and many others, to various groups on this
project; so you're pain has been and will continue to be conveyed

--
-Joe Swart [MSFT]

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
newsgroups.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I don't think anyone who reads this newsgroup, or any of the other

community
> sites, will have ANY doubt that the Technology Advancement Program has had
> serious shortcomings and glitches, all or most originating with the
> fulfillment vendor. And I'm quite confident that the message is getting

read
> by those who made the selection.
>
> --
> Charlie.
>
> attosecond wrote:
> > Just a general comment for any MS managers who might read this--Zomax
> > was a terrible choice for handling your x64 Technology Advancement
> > Program customer relations. A brief list of my own grievences:
> >
> > 1. Had to use a credit card to pay for shipping, but DID NOT RECEIVE a
> > confirmation email. Quite disturbing, considering Zomax (probably at
> > Microsoft's direction) makes the upgrade sign-up site look like a MS
> > site, when in fact it's not. Who has my credit card information, now?
> > Big, big, mystery.
> >
> > 2. After ordering, the Zomax-run status check web site simply says,
> > "pending." Pending what, precisely, and until when? Simply "pending"
> > is inadequate, especially now that I'm concerned about the security
> > and location of my personal financial information (see #1, above).
> > Strike two.
> >
> > 3. Repeated emails to the address listed on the upgrade site yield no
> > reply--even direct email inquiries to Zomax go unanswered. Isn't it
> > true that one of the biggest reasons for outsourcing your customer
> > relations is because you don't have the staff on hand to handle the
> > inevitable high volume of communications necessary, and the company
> > you hire has the needed capacity? Apparently Zomax fails again.
> > Strike three.
> >
> > Check out the planetamd64.com and extended64.com sites--you'll see
> > I'm just a drop in the bucket. MS, you really dropped the ball when
> > you hired Zomax. Please don't use them again.

=?Utf-8?B?YXR0b3NlY29uZA==?=

Thanks Charlie & Joe,

I know that new product releases can be difficult, especially when the
demand is greater than anticipated. Hopefully, if a tech. advancement program
(or something conceptually similar) is offered when Longhorn makes its
entrance, the CRM vendor will be much better prepared to address our needs in
a more timely and professional manner.

Erik

"Joe Swart [MSFT]" wrote:

> I've forwarded this thread, and many others, to various groups on this
> project; so you're pain has been and will continue to be conveyed
>

> --
> -Joe Swart [MSFT]

> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
> newsgroups.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I don't think anyone who reads this newsgroup, or any of the other

> community
> > sites, will have ANY doubt that the Technology Advancement Program has had
> > serious shortcomings and glitches, all or most originating with the
> > fulfillment vendor. And I'm quite confident that the message is getting

> read
> > by those who made the selection.
> >
> > --
> > Charlie.
> >
> > attosecond wrote:
> > > Just a general comment for any MS managers who might read this--Zomax
> > > was a terrible choice for handling your x64 Technology Advancement
> > > Program customer relations. A brief list of my own grievences:
> > >
> > > 1. Had to use a credit card to pay for shipping, but DID NOT RECEIVE a
> > > confirmation email. Quite disturbing, considering Zomax (probably at
> > > Microsoft's direction) makes the upgrade sign-up site look like a MS
> > > site, when in fact it's not. Who has my credit card information, now?
> > > Big, big, mystery.
> > >
> > > 2. After ordering, the Zomax-run status check web site simply says,
> > > "pending." Pending what, precisely, and until when? Simply "pending"
> > > is inadequate, especially now that I'm concerned about the security
> > > and location of my personal financial information (see #1, above).
> > > Strike two.
> > >
> > > 3. Repeated emails to the address listed on the upgrade site yield no
> > > reply--even direct email inquiries to Zomax go unanswered. Isn't it
> > > true that one of the biggest reasons for outsourcing your customer
> > > relations is because you don't have the staff on hand to handle the
> > > inevitable high volume of communications necessary, and the company
> > > you hire has the needed capacity? Apparently Zomax fails again.
> > > Strike three.
> > >
> > > Check out the planetamd64.com and extended64.com sites--you'll see
> > > I'm just a drop in the bucket. MS, you really dropped the ball when
> > > you hired Zomax. Please don't use them again.

Still waiting on TAP?? Latest news from Zomax.,, Mark Gillespie Windows 64bit 4 08-26-2005 09:51 PM
Latest from Zomax, for those still waiting for TAP to ship. Mark Gillespie Windows 64bit 1 08-13-2005 04:34 AM
Zomax TAP Barb Bowman Windows 64bit 3 08-11-2005 01:37 PM
Zomax incompetence tawpgk Windows 64bit 5 07-31-2005 02:11 PM