Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > hosts - for DNS Query

hosts - for DNS Query

Charlie Russel - MVP

When reporting a problem, especially when others are not able to reproduce
what you appear to be seeing, it's _really_ important to make sure you're
using the default, built in tools on your end, or that you clearly report
your environment. I'm not at all surprised, NOW, that you're having problems.
Total Commander is obviously a 32-bit program. So, when you run cmd or
explorer out of it, you're getting the 32-bit version. This means you're
seeing the 32-bit view of the filesystem, which needs to be this way to
"fool" the 32-bit programs and make them happy. Please always check against
the full 64 bit version of a tool if you have a problem and can't identify
the source.

--
Charlie.