Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Are OEM PID's ever going to work?

Are OEM PID's ever going to work?

Billie Volkova

It's a fairly commonly asked and straightforward question though. As far as
a declaration goes; We fit the proflie for the TAP. We have our software,
our keys. What we do not have is a correctly functioning site in terms of
OEM PID's nor do we have anyone willing to stand up and go "yes, it's a
problem" or "no, for (reason xyz) you can't use them". We're stuck
apparently fitting the TAP profile but unable to use it and no one will tell
us why.

"Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> BossHogg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I come here every day to hopfully get answers but its just people
>> like me and you bitchin'
>>

> Hi,
>
> You know what ? I think that the softies we can see here are doing exactly
> what we are doing: trying to help. They are here because they want to
> help, not because they have to preach the good word.
> So, I would not expect any official declaration from the softies here, I
> will prefer to go to the MS website to find any declaration.
>
> My two cents anyway
>
> Cheers
> --
> Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
> Johannesburg - South Africa
> http://msmvps.com/xpditif

Joe Swart [MSFT]

No I'm not going to make an "official" statement.

What I will say is I've personally been looking into this and it's being
worked on.

Why you're specific OEM PID is not working varies from user to user. I've
seen post from users that indicate OEM PID's have worked and I've tested the
site myself with an OEM PID and it worked. (And no I didn't indicate that I
was an employee nor did I test it from work)

Are we looking into this: Yes absolutely!

Can I tell you that your PID will eventually work, No I can't

In short we're working on it.

--
-Joe Swart [MSFT]

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
newsgroups.

"Billie Volkova" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It's a fairly commonly asked and straightforward question though. As far

as
> a declaration goes; We fit the proflie for the TAP. We have our software,
> our keys. What we do not have is a correctly functioning site in terms of
> OEM PID's nor do we have anyone willing to stand up and go "yes, it's a
> problem" or "no, for (reason xyz) you can't use them". We're stuck
> apparently fitting the TAP profile but unable to use it and no one will

tell
> us why.
>
> "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > BossHogg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> I come here every day to hopfully get answers but its just people
> >> like me and you bitchin'
> >>

> > Hi,
> >
> > You know what ? I think that the softies we can see here are doing

exactly
> > what we are doing: trying to help. They are here because they want to
> > help, not because they have to preach the good word.
> > So, I would not expect any official declaration from the softies here, I
> > will prefer to go to the MS website to find any declaration.
> >
> > My two cents anyway
> >
> > Cheers
> > --
> > Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
> > Johannesburg - South Africa
> > http://msmvps.com/xpditif

=?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=

thx for the info

"Joe Swart [MSFT]" wrote:

> No I'm not going to make an "official" statement.
>

> What I will say is I've personally been looking into this and it's being
> worked on.
>
> Why you're specific OEM PID is not working varies from user to user. I've
> seen post from users that indicate OEM PID's have worked and I've tested the
> site myself with an OEM PID and it worked. (And no I didn't indicate that I
> was an employee nor did I test it from work)
>

> Are we looking into this: Yes absolutely!
>
> Can I tell you that your PID will eventually work, No I can't
>

> In short we're working on it.
>

> --
> -Joe Swart [MSFT]

> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
> newsgroups.
>

> "Billie Volkova" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > It's a fairly commonly asked and straightforward question though. As far

> as
> > a declaration goes; We fit the proflie for the TAP. We have our software,
> > our keys. What we do not have is a correctly functioning site in terms of
> > OEM PID's nor do we have anyone willing to stand up and go "yes, it's a
> > problem" or "no, for (reason xyz) you can't use them". We're stuck
> > apparently fitting the TAP profile but unable to use it and no one will

> tell
> > us why.
> >
> > "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >>

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > You know what ? I think that the softies we can see here are doing

> exactly
> > > what we are doing: trying to help. They are here because they want to
> > > help, not because they have to preach the good word.
> > > So, I would not expect any official declaration from the softies here, I
> > > will prefer to go to the MS website to find any declaration.
> > >
> > > My two cents anyway
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > --
> > > Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
> > > Johannesburg - South Africa
> > > http://msmvps.com/xpditif

Billie Volkova

That's absolutely all I wanted to know. Finally, thank you.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...