Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows XP x64 Edition runs a little slow on only 512 MB's of RAM.

Windows XP x64 Edition runs a little slow on only 512 MB's of RAM.

Roy Coorne

Kevin Panzke wrote:
> I got my 180 Day Free Trial CD of Windows XP x64 Edition yesterday (it got
> delivered by the United States Postal Service). My free upgrade still has
> not shipped yet, so I decided to install and use the 180 Day Free Trial CD,
> until the Free Upgrade shows up at my doorstep. It runs a little slow on
> only 512 MB's of RAM, just to let you guys know in advance. I still like
> it, however, and I am sure that I will like it even more, after I add more
> RAM to this computer

Far Cry 32 bit takes about 550 MB on WinXP (32 bit).

Far Cry 64 bit takes about 770 MB on WinXP_x64.

(Task manager data)

Roy

Kevin Panzke

I don't own a copy of Far Cry.

"Roy Coorne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kevin Panzke wrote:
>> I got my 180 Day Free Trial CD of Windows XP x64 Edition yesterday (it
>> got delivered by the United States Postal Service). My free upgrade
>> still has not shipped yet, so I decided to install and use the 180 Day
>> Free Trial CD, until the Free Upgrade shows up at my doorstep. It runs a
>> little slow on only 512 MB's of RAM, just to let you guys know in
>> advance. I still like it, however, and I am sure that I will like it
>> even more, after I add more RAM to this computer

> Far Cry 32 bit takes about 550 MB on WinXP (32 bit).
>
> Far Cry 64 bit takes about 770 MB on WinXP_x64.
>
> (Task manager data)
>
> Roy

Randy

Are you using DDR? 512M PC3200 is $20 AR from tigerdirect...
Or maybe it's PC2700...

PC2100 256 M is $2 AR same place... or maybe it's PC2700.

"Kevin Panzke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have limited income (I work at a Retail Store), so 512 MB's of memory

was