Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Got the trail and I am liking it. A few ?

Got the trail and I am liking it. A few ?

Neal

Well I had the beta but now I have the trail CD and all I have to say is
that it seems better and faster.

Now my only problem is that I need drivers for the Epson C64, Canon D660U,
Logitech quick cam, and my Star-tech 2 port serial card.

I just loaded 64bit up and I lost a lot of the old messages on the board.
What I can not find is does anyone have any dates or tips for this hardware?

If you even have a good generic driver I would be happy. If I can get at
least the printer and scanner up I will be going over to 64 bit.

One last question what is the last day I can do the free upgrade from XP
pro?

Thanks

Charlie Russel - MVP

Haven't seen any specific dates for any of those. Printers -- look for the
closest relative to your printer that DOES have a driver built in, and go
with that. You'll usually have at least basic functionality.

End of July for the Technology Advancement Program.

--
Charlie.

Neal wrote:
> Well I had the beta but now I have the trail CD and all I have to say
> is that it seems better and faster.
>
> Now my only problem is that I need drivers for the Epson C64, Canon
> D660U, Logitech quick cam, and my Star-tech 2 port serial card.
>
> I just loaded 64bit up and I lost a lot of the old messages on the
> board. What I can not find is does anyone have any dates or tips for
> this hardware?
> If you even have a good generic driver I would be happy. If I can
> get at least the printer and scanner up I will be going over to 64
> bit.
> One last question what is the last day I can do the free upgrade from
> XP pro?
>
> Thanks

Neal

The problem is that they have no dirvers at all. Is there some drivers on
the XP 64 disk or on the OS that I should try?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Haven't seen any specific dates for any of those. Printers -- look for the
> closest relative to your printer that DOES have a driver built in, and go
> with that. You'll usually have at least basic functionality.
>
> End of July for the Technology Advancement Program.
>

> --
> Charlie.
>
> Neal wrote:
>> Well I had the beta but now I have the trail CD and all I have to say
>> is that it seems better and faster.
>>
>> Now my only problem is that I need drivers for the Epson C64, Canon
>> D660U, Logitech quick cam, and my Star-tech 2 port serial card.
>>
>> I just loaded 64bit up and I lost a lot of the old messages on the
>> board. What I can not find is does anyone have any dates or tips for
>> this hardware?
>> If you even have a good generic driver I would be happy. If I can
>> get at least the printer and scanner up I will be going over to 64
>> bit.
>> One last question what is the last day I can do the free upgrade from
>> XP pro?
>>
>> Thanks

Andre Da Costa

You just gonna have to bug the manufacturer of those devices, you are not
likely to see any now.
Epson have a statement about their 64 bit drivers at:

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Vie...15B2829A7DCB33

--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The problem is that they have no dirvers at all. Is there some drivers on
> the XP 64 disk or on the OS that I should try?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Haven't seen any specific dates for any of those. Printers -- look for
>> the closest relative to your printer that DOES have a driver built in,
>> and go with that. You'll usually have at least basic functionality.
>>
>> End of July for the Technology Advancement Program.
>>

>> --
>> Charlie.
>>
>> Neal wrote:
>>> Well I had the beta but now I have the trail CD and all I have to say
>>> is that it seems better and faster.
>>>
>>> Now my only problem is that I need drivers for the Epson C64, Canon
>>> D660U, Logitech quick cam, and my Star-tech 2 port serial card.
>>>
>>> I just loaded 64bit up and I lost a lot of the old messages on the
>>> board. What I can not find is does anyone have any dates or tips for
>>> this hardware?
>>> If you even have a good generic driver I would be happy. If I can
>>> get at least the printer and scanner up I will be going over to 64
>>> bit.
>>> One last question what is the last day I can do the free upgrade from
>>> XP pro?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Neal

Thanks,

When I e-mailed them you think they would have sent me that link. They just
told me no. Got to love companys some times.

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You just gonna have to bug the manufacturer of those devices, you are not
> likely to see any now.
> Epson have a statement about their 64 bit drivers at:
>
> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Vie...15B2829A7DCB33
>
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The problem is that they have no dirvers at all. Is there some drivers
>> on the XP 64 disk or on the OS that I should try?

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Haven't seen any specific dates for any of those. Printers -- look for
>>> the closest relative to your printer that DOES have a driver built in,
>>> and go with that. You'll usually have at least basic functionality.
>>>
>>> End of July for the Technology Advancement Program.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Charlie.

Brek

"Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well I had the beta but now I have the trail CD and all I have to say is
> that it seems better and faster.
>
> Now my only problem is that I need drivers for the Epson C64, Canon D660U,
> Logitech quick cam, and my Star-tech 2 port serial card.
>
> I just loaded 64bit up and I lost a lot of the old messages on the board.
> What I can not find is does anyone have any dates or tips for this
> hardware?
>
> If you even have a good generic driver I would be happy. If I can get at
> least the printer and scanner up I will be going over to 64 bit.
>
> One last question what is the last day I can do the free upgrade from XP
> pro?
>
> Thanks

Neal,

you can find driver for Technisat SkyStar 2 on this page:
http://www.dvbskystar.com/
Although it is not an official driver, I am using it for some time now, and
have no problem at all.

Hope this will work for you.

Brek

Rick

The 64 bit driver for the C64 is now available on the Epson Support site:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...pportIndex.jsp

Neal wrote:
> Well I had the beta but now I have the trail CD and all I have to say is
> that it seems better and faster.
>
> Now my only problem is that I need drivers for the Epson C64, Canon D660U,
> Logitech quick cam, and my Star-tech 2 port serial card.
>
> I just loaded 64bit up and I lost a lot of the old messages on the board.
> What I can not find is does anyone have any dates or tips for this hardware?
>
> If you even have a good generic driver I would be happy. If I can get at
> least the printer and scanner up I will be going over to 64 bit.
>
> One last question what is the last day I can do the free upgrade from XP
> pro?
>
> Thanks

Al Sweringen

I was waiting for the Epson C64 for quite some time and Epson did finaly
come through.
My C64 now works like it should.

The last day for the Technology Advancement Program is the end of July 2005.
Remember that you will be exchanging your X86 version license of XP pro for
the X64 Version license and the X86 will no longer be an active Operating
System.

news:db31il$1a16$(E-Mail Removed)...