Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > I have full version

I have full version

David Cleland

bought in the uk, and I thought I was going to see something amazing, but
sadly not. I think you need to wait 6 months for the apps, drivers etc to
come out.

I actually regret installing it now

David

Andre Da Costa

The changes to the 64-bit releases are almost all under the hood, offering
potential improvements to developers and systems administrators but little
obvious change to how users interact with their machines.
The key differentiator is the ability to address more memory, the challenge
in a 32-bit architecture is that you can only address 4GB of physical
memory.

http://australianit.news.com.au/arti...nbv%5E,00.html
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"David Cleland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> bought in the uk, and I thought I was going to see something amazing, but
> sadly not. I think you need to wait 6 months for the apps, drivers etc to
> come out.
>
> I actually regret installing it now
>
> David

=?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=

sell it then

"David Cleland" wrote:

> bought in the uk, and I thought I was going to see something amazing, but
> sadly not. I think you need to wait 6 months for the apps, drivers etc to
> come out.
>
> I actually regret installing it now
>
> David

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

David;
That is one reason why this is not for everyone.
It is necessary to verify your equipment is supported and that 64 bit
Windows will meet your needs before installing.

It is important to remember this is a new operating system and OEM only.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"David Cleland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> bought in the uk, and I thought I was going to see something amazing, but
> sadly not. I think you need to wait 6 months for the apps, drivers etc to
> come out.
>
> I actually regret installing it now
>
> David

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yup, if you're just an ordinary XP user, who doesn't do lots of digital media
or database or whatever stuff, you won't see much. As games become more
available we should see some fairly amazing things there, I expect. And
certainly anyone who does digital media of one type or another will see some
benefit, possibly quite a bit, when their programs become available for x64.
But otherwise, it's ultimately just XP, albeit an XP with a MUCH larger
memory space, and faster registers, and better I/O overall.

--
Charlie.

David Cleland wrote:
> bought in the uk, and I thought I was going to see something amazing,
> but sadly not. I think you need to wait 6 months for the apps,
> drivers etc to come out.
>
> I actually regret installing it now
>
> David

Rick

I have the full RTM OEM version, too, and I am extremely happy with the
product! The x64 OS boots quicker than XP Pro did and I can tell the
difference in the response of the programs! Especially the ones that
are 64 bit, like I.E. 64 bit and other 64 bit programs I have acquired
for x64.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
"...holy ****...what a ride!"

Kate@aol.net

On Mon, 16 May 2005 19:26:27 -0400, Rick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have the full RTM OEM version, too, and I am extremely happy with the
>product! The x64 OS boots quicker than XP Pro did and I can tell the
>difference in the response of the programs! Especially the ones that
>are 64 bit, like I.E. 64 bit and other 64 bit programs I have acquired
>for x64.

It's probably just faster because its a new install

>"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
>body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
>"...holy ****...what a ride!"
>

>David Cleland wrote:
>
>> bought in the uk, and I thought I was going to see something amazing, but
>> sadly not. I think you need to wait 6 months for the apps, drivers etc to
>> come out.
>>
>> I actually regret installing it now
>>
>> David

Wayne Wastier

> On Mon, 16 May 2005 19:26:27 -0400, Rick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I have the full RTM OEM version, too, and I am extremely happy with
>> the product! The x64 OS boots quicker than XP Pro did and I can
>> tell the difference in the response of the programs! Especially the
>> ones that are 64 bit, like I.E. 64 bit and other 64 bit programs I
>> have acquired for x64.
>>

> It's probably just faster because its a new install

Naw. I have Windows 2003 SP1 x64 RTM installed, and it is faster than
Windows 2003 SP1 x86 RTM.

Charlie Russel - MVP

No, it loads off the disk faster, for one thing. Yes, it's new and that
helps. But I'm always building new machines and the x64 box is definitely
faster than any other at just loading and getting started.

--
Charlie.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2005 19:26:27 -0400, Rick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I have the full RTM OEM version, too, and I am extremely happy with
>> the product! The x64 OS boots quicker than XP Pro did and I can
>> tell the difference in the response of the programs! Especially the
>> ones that are 64 bit, like I.E. 64 bit and other 64 bit programs I
>> have acquired for x64.
>>

> It's probably just faster because its a new install
>
>> "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well
>> preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
>> shouting "...holy ****...what a ride!"
>>

>> David Cleland wrote:
>>
>>> bought in the uk, and I thought I was going to see something
>>> amazing, but sadly not. I think you need to wait 6 months for the
>>> apps, drivers etc to come out.
>>>
>>> I actually regret installing it now
>>>
>>> David

Roy Coorne

David Cleland wrote:
> bought in the uk, and I thought I was going to see something amazing, but
> sadly not. I think you need to wait 6 months for the apps, drivers etc to
> come out.
>
> I actually regret installing it now

THX for your honest comment.

There are users who wait for the SP2 before installing a new OS...

(Or dual boot - which I prefer.)

Roy