Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Cost after 180 days

Cost after 180 days

=?Utf-8?B?YWxieW9uZQ==?=

Just wondering what the cost is after the 180 day trial, should I decide to
keep it.
With all the warnings that came with it I am not sure I want to install,
especially if I don't know the cost.

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

"albyone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just wondering what the cost is after the 180 day trial, should I decide
> keep it.
> With all the warnings that came with it I am not sure I want to install,
> especially if I don't know the cost.

You don't get to "keep the trial version" - you go an buy an OEM copy from
one of the OEM suppliers or you purchase a new machine with it preinstalled.
You then install your new OEM copy to your system.
You can do this at any time - you do not have to wait for your trial period
to expire.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"albyone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just wondering what the cost is after the 180 day trial, should I decide
> keep it.
> With all the warnings that came with it I am not sure I want to install,
> especially if I don't know the cost.

=?Utf-8?B?YWxieW9uZQ==?=

I am sorry it should have read "if I should decide not to keep
it"
"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" wrote:

> "albyone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just wondering what the cost is after the 180 day trial, should I decide
> > keep it.
> > With all the warnings that came with it I am not sure I want to install,
> > especially if I don't know the cost.

> You don't get to "keep the trial version" - you go an buy an OEM copy from
> one of the OEM suppliers or you purchase a new machine with it preinstalled.
> You then install your new OEM copy to your system.
> You can do this at any time - you do not have to wait for your trial period
> to expire.
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups
>
> "albyone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just wondering what the cost is after the 180 day trial, should I decide
> > keep it.
> > With all the warnings that came with it I am not sure I want to install,
> > especially if I don't know the cost.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFnZXdlYXZl?=

Quote:
You don't get to "keep the trial version" - you go an buy an OEM copy
from
one of the OEM suppliers or you purchase a new machine with it preinstalled.
You then install your new OEM copy to your system.
You can do this at any time - you do not have to wait for your trial period
to expire.
Do you mean to say you need to to a clean install after you purchase the OEM
version or can you simply plug in the OEM product key into the trial version
to avoid this?

Thanks

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" wrote:

> "albyone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just wondering what the cost is after the 180 day trial, should I decide
> > keep it.
> > With all the warnings that came with it I am not sure I want to install,
> > especially if I don't know the cost.

> You don't get to "keep the trial version" - you go an buy an OEM copy from
> one of the OEM suppliers or you purchase a new machine with it preinstalled.
> You then install your new OEM copy to your system.
> You can do this at any time - you do not have to wait for your trial period
> to expire.
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups
>
> "albyone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just wondering what the cost is after the 180 day trial, should I decide
> > keep it.
> > With all the warnings that came with it I am not sure I want to install,
> > especially if I don't know the cost.

=?Utf-8?B?RWQ=?=

I built my PC from components, there is no OEM. How much does the permanent
version cost after the trial period?
--
Ed

"Mageweave" wrote:

Quote:
You don't get to "keep the trial version" - you go an buy an OEM copy
> from
> one of the OEM suppliers or you purchase a new machine with it preinstalled.
> You then install your new OEM copy to your system.
> You can do this at any time - you do not have to wait for your trial period
> to expire.
>
> Do you mean to say you need to to a clean install after you purchase the OEM
> version or can you simply plug in the OEM product key into the trial version
> to avoid this?
>
> Thanks
>

> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > "albyone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Just wondering what the cost is after the 180 day trial, should I decide
> > > keep it.
> > > With all the warnings that came with it I am not sure I want to install,
> > > especially if I don't know the cost.

> > You don't get to "keep the trial version" - you go an buy an OEM copy from
> > one of the OEM suppliers or you purchase a new machine with it preinstalled.
> > You then install your new OEM copy to your system.
> > You can do this at any time - you do not have to wait for your trial period
> > to expire.
> >

> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Mike
> > --
> > Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> > rights
> >
> > Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
> > newsgroups
> >
> > "albyone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Just wondering what the cost is after the 180 day trial, should I decide
> > > keep it.
> > > With all the warnings that came with it I am not sure I want to install,
> > > especially if I don't know the cost.

tawpgk

Tom
"Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I built my PC from components, there is no OEM. How much does the permanent
> version cost after the trial period?
> --
> Ed
>

> "Mageweave" wrote:

Quote:
You don't get to "keep the trial version" - you go an buy an OEM
>> copy
>> from
>> one of the OEM suppliers or you purchase a new machine with it
>> preinstalled.
>> You then install your new OEM copy to your system.
>> You can do this at any time - you do not have to wait for your trial
>> period
>> to expire.
>>
>> Do you mean to say you need to to a clean install after you purchase the
>> OEM
>> version or can you simply plug in the OEM product key into the trial
>> version
>> to avoid this?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" wrote:
>>
>> > "albyone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > You don't get to "keep the trial version" - you go an buy an OEM copy
>> > from
>> > one of the OEM suppliers or you purchase a new machine with it
>> > preinstalled.
>> > You then install your new OEM copy to your system.
>> > You can do this at any time - you do not have to wait for your trial
>> > period
>> > to expire.
>> >

>> > --
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Mike
>> > --
>> > Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

>> > rights
>> >
>> > Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>> > newsgroups
>> >
>> > "albyone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?RWQ=?=

What does an OEM copy cost upgrading from Windows XP Professional? Given that
we must go thorough a clean XP installation requiring reformatting the hard
drive and reinstalling all other software (e.g. Office, Adobe, etc.) it does
not appear to make any sense to go through the grief that frequently goes
with upgrades (the permanent version after the 180 days).
--
Ed

"Ed" wrote:

> I built my PC from components, there is no OEM. How much does the permanent
> version cost after the trial period?
> --
> Ed
>

> "Mageweave" wrote:

Quote:
You don't get to "keep the trial version" - you go an buy an OEM copy
> > from
> > one of the OEM suppliers or you purchase a new machine with it preinstalled.
> > You then install your new OEM copy to your system.
> > You can do this at any time - you do not have to wait for your trial period
> > to expire.
> >
> > Do you mean to say you need to to a clean install after you purchase the OEM
> > version or can you simply plug in the OEM product key into the trial version
> > to avoid this?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> > > "albyone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > You don't get to "keep the trial version" - you go an buy an OEM copy from
> > > one of the OEM suppliers or you purchase a new machine with it preinstalled.
> > > You then install your new OEM copy to your system.
> > > You can do this at any time - you do not have to wait for your trial period
> > > to expire.
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Mike
> > > --
> > > Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> > > rights
> > >
> > > Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
> > > newsgroups
> > >
> > > "albyone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news(E-Mail Removed)...

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

"Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What does an OEM copy cost upgrading from Windows XP Professional? Given
> that
> we must go thorough a clean XP installation requiring reformatting the
> hard
> drive and reinstalling all other software (e.g. Office, Adobe, etc.) it
> does
> not appear to make any sense to go through the grief that frequently goes
> with upgrades (the permanent version after the 180 days).

Since this is an OEM only product there is no upgrade pricing or upgrade
path - clean install only and regular OEM pricing.
To find the pricing you ill need to find one of the many OEM dealers and
check their current pricing with them.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What does an OEM copy cost upgrading from Windows XP Professional? Given
> that
> we must go thorough a clean XP installation requiring reformatting the
> hard
> drive and reinstalling all other software (e.g. Office, Adobe, etc.) it
> does
> not appear to make any sense to go through the grief that frequently goes
> with upgrades (the permanent version after the 180 days).
> --
> Ed
>

> "Ed" wrote:
>
>> I built my PC from components, there is no OEM. How much does the
>> permanent
>> version cost after the trial period?
>> --
>> Ed