Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Lexmark printer driver

Lexmark printer driver

=?Utf-8?B?YWR6ZmVs?=

Lexmark said, as of 2/2/05, that they have no plans to make a driver for
X5150 all in one. Any ideas on how to get it to work w/o having to plunk
down more money for a different printer/scanner?

Andre Da Costa

Use a driver that is closest to the X5150 that comes with XP Pro x64.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"adzfel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lexmark said, as of 2/2/05, that they have no plans to make a driver for
> X5150 all in one. Any ideas on how to get it to work w/o having to plunk
> down more money for a different printer/scanner?

=?Utf-8?B?YWR6ZmVs?=

I have not purchased the OEM version yet. I have the beta version still and
it detects the printer but can't find the driver. I went to Lexmark's web
site and my printer is still not listed. I just fired off an e-mail to their
support site. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the reply

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Use a driver that is closest to the X5150 that comes with XP Pro x64.
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "adzfel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Lexmark said, as of 2/2/05, that they have no plans to make a driver for
> > X5150 all in one. Any ideas on how to get it to work w/o having to plunk
> > down more money for a different printer/scanner?

Charlie Russel - MVP

In general, chose a printer driver that most closely matches your model. For
black and white laserjet printers, this will be a printer that supports PCL5,
and/or Postscript. For colour, you'll need a PCL6 driver. Choose the closest
matching Lexmark printer and you'll at least be able to print. Probably not
scanning, however. I always recommend adding or buying Postscript capability
for any printer, since it makes your printer able to work from a wide variety
of operating systems.

--
Charlie.

adzfel wrote:
> I have not purchased the OEM version yet. I have the beta version
> still and it detects the printer but can't find the driver. I went
> to Lexmark's web site and my printer is still not listed. I just
> fired off an e-mail to their support site. We'll see what happens.
>
> Thanks for the reply
>
> "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
>
>> Use a driver that is closest to the X5150 that comes with XP Pro x64.
>> --
>>
>> Andre
>> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>> FAQ for MS AntiSpy
>>
>> "adzfel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Lexmark said, as of 2/2/05, that they have no plans to make a
>>> driver for X5150 all in one. Any ideas on how to get it to work
>>> w/o having to plunk down more money for a different printer/scanner?

Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\)

Charlie Russel - MVP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In general, chose a printer driver that most closely matches your
> model. For black and white laserjet printers, this will be a printer
> that supports PCL5, and/or Postscript. For colour, you'll need a PCL6
> driver. Choose the closest matching Lexmark printer and you'll at
> least be able to print. Probably not scanning, however. I always
> recommend adding or buying Postscript capability for any printer,
> since it makes your printer able to work from a wide variety of
> operating systems.

Hi Charlie,

Not always the closest to your printer. My HP 6100 All in One doesn't have
any x64 drivers, and according to HP, will not have in the future.
So they recommanded me to use the 990c driver. Well, it works for the
printer, not for the scanner... I'll have to learn to decorate drivers

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

Charlie Russel - MVP

You're right, there will be some odd changes requred for a while. It's going
to be tricky to get a lot of these All in One machines working, I suspect.
Hopefully, folks who get them working by decorating drivers will upload to
sites like planetamd64 so we can all benefit.

--
Charlie.

Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP) wrote:
> Charlie Russel - MVP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> In general, chose a printer driver that most closely matches your
>> model. For black and white laserjet printers, this will be a printer
>> that supports PCL5, and/or Postscript. For colour, you'll need a PCL6
>> driver. Choose the closest matching Lexmark printer and you'll at
>> least be able to print. Probably not scanning, however. I always
>> recommend adding or buying Postscript capability for any printer,
>> since it makes your printer able to work from a wide variety of
>> operating systems.
>>

> Hi Charlie,
>
> Not always the closest to your printer. My HP 6100 All in One doesn't
> have any x64 drivers, and according to HP, will not have in the
> future. So they recommanded me to use the 990c driver. Well, it works for
> the
> printer, not for the scanner... I'll have to learn to decorate
> drivers
> Cheers

=?Utf-8?B?YWR6ZmVs?=

I tried all sorts of different drivers but none helped. Lexmark said there
are no drivers that are close enough to get working.