Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Far Cry Feedback

Reply
Thread Tools

Far Cry Feedback

 
 
Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-14-2005
Hi guys,

Far Cry x64 doesn't like Tiny Firewall.... Once TF removed, install of FC
went smooth.
Have a problem with my sound card now (SB Live!): noisy as impossible...
Anyway, I'll succeed

Cheers


--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa
http://msmvps.com/xpditif


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Wayne Wastier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-14-2005
Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP) wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Far Cry x64 doesn't like Tiny Firewall.... Once TF removed, install
> of FC went smooth.
> Have a problem with my sound card now (SB Live!): noisy as
> impossible... Anyway, I'll succeed
>
> Cheers


The SBLive? There have been 3 new models come out since the SBLive. Isn't
it time to upgrade to the Audigy 2 ZS ?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-14-2005
Wayne Wastier wrote:
> Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP) wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Far Cry x64 doesn't like Tiny Firewall.... Once TF removed, install
>> of FC went smooth.
>> Have a problem with my sound card now (SB Live!): noisy as
>> impossible... Anyway, I'll succeed
>>
>> Cheers

>
> The SBLive? There have been 3 new models come out since the SBLive.
> Isn't it time to upgrade to the Audigy 2 ZS ?


Yes, it is.... only small problem: my wife thinks it's not



--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa
http://msmvps.com/xpditif


 
Reply With Quote
 
Markus Eckelt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-14-2005
Why? If the sound quality is sufficient and one doesn't hear a difference
anyways, I don't see ANY reason to upgrade.

It's the same with graphic cards - if you don't need the extra power, why
buy a Gefore6 if you are happy with your Geforce256 (1).

Regards
Markus (who owns a Audigy2 eX)

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP) wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Far Cry x64 doesn't like Tiny Firewall.... Once TF removed, install
> > of FC went smooth.
> > Have a problem with my sound card now (SB Live!): noisy as
> > impossible... Anyway, I'll succeed
> >
> > Cheers

>
> The SBLive? There have been 3 new models come out since the SBLive. Isn't
> it time to upgrade to the Audigy 2 ZS ?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Billie Volkova
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-14-2005
No real need to upgrade it. However I too have this problem, and I have a
feeling that it only happened after updating to the latest sblive drivers.
Still, at least I was right with the Tiny firewall thing.
"Markus Eckelt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d65g9t$qtv$05$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Why? If the sound quality is sufficient and one doesn't hear a difference
> anyways, I don't see ANY reason to upgrade.
>
> It's the same with graphic cards - if you don't need the extra power, why
> buy a Gefore6 if you are happy with your Geforce256 (1).
>
> Regards
> Markus (who owns a Audigy2 eX)
>
> "Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP) wrote:
>> > Hi guys,
>> >
>> > Far Cry x64 doesn't like Tiny Firewall.... Once TF removed, install
>> > of FC went smooth.
>> > Have a problem with my sound card now (SB Live!): noisy as
>> > impossible... Anyway, I'll succeed
>> >
>> > Cheers

>>
>> The SBLive? There have been 3 new models come out since the SBLive.
>> Isn't
>> it time to upgrade to the Audigy 2 ZS ?
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Wayne Wastier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-14-2005
Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP) wrote:
>
> Yes, it is.... only small problem: my wife thinks it's not


Time to buy her some roses? LOL


 
Reply With Quote
 
Wayne Wastier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-14-2005
Markus Eckelt wrote:
> Why? If the sound quality is sufficient and one doesn't hear a
> difference anyways, I don't see ANY reason to upgrade.
>


Why did you upgrade to a 64bit system when your 32bit one worked fine?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Wayne Wastier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-14-2005
Billie Volkova wrote:
> No real need to upgrade it. However I too have this problem,


And you wonder why? I don't have this problem and I have an Audigy 2 ZS.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Andre Da Costa
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2005
Because he might be an early adopter, likes being on the cutting edge.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Markus Eckelt wrote:
>> Why? If the sound quality is sufficient and one doesn't hear a
>> difference anyways, I don't see ANY reason to upgrade.
>>

>
> Why did you upgrade to a 64bit system when your 32bit one worked fine?
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Wayne Wastier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2005
Andre Da Costa wrote:
> Because he might be an early adopter, likes being on the cutting edge.
>


Think about what I asked him based on the entire thread, then you will see
the point to my question. If not, ask someone to explain it to you.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Far Cry installation Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\) Windows 64bit 22 05-07-2011 07:06 AM
BSOD Playing Far Cry Gary Ritter Windows 64bit 5 06-14-2005 03:16 PM
Far Cry 64 1628 Install Error: Kill 32 bit process's Advanced Primate Windows 64bit 8 05-23-2005 05:13 PM
CRYTEK RELEASES FAR CRY 64 BIT! Alen Mecan Windows 64bit 0 05-11-2005 04:22 PM
FAR CRY 64 bits is now available for download tawpgk Windows 64bit 1 05-11-2005 03:06 AM



Advertisments