Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Instalation

Instalation

=?Utf-8?B?a2FwYXFz?=

I installed pro 64 6 times keept removing everthing to try and get this
software to boot and no luck. i have an asus a8v deluxe board 3200+cpu 1 gig
of ram and a matrox millinium 750 graphics card. i down loaded the 64 bit
drivers for the sata chip sets as this board has two. it will intall and get
to the final stages of rebooting for the last time and then it will restart
and go strait to safe mode and there it sits. wont even go into safe mode?
any advice?

warpsix

i have the a8v also with the 3200 cpu and 1 gig ram
i had to turn of the promis controler and use f6 to use the via sata.
make sure you update your bios ,some older a8v have the 1006 bios need
to upgrade to 1009 or the new one 1011 ,i would bet it's the video
driver .i used the geforce 5700 256meg on my board

kapaqs wrote:
> I installed pro 64 6 times keept removing everthing to try and get this
> software to boot and no luck. i have an asus a8v deluxe board 3200+cpu 1 gig
> of ram and a matrox millinium 750 graphics card. i down loaded the 64 bit
> drivers for the sata chip sets as this board has two. it will intall and get
> to the final stages of rebooting for the last time and then it will restart
> and go strait to safe mode and there it sits. wont even go into safe mode?
> any advice?

Charlie Russel - MVP

Wrong set of drivers, is my guess. Or you are connected to the wrong set of
SATA connectors on the mobo. That mobo has 4 SATA connectors - two next to
the Promise chip, marked SATA RAID2 and SATA RAID1, and two up between the
VIA chip and the floppy connector, marked SATA1 and SATA2. You need to use
the ones marked SATA1 and SATA2, they connect to the VIA RAID controller.
Disable the Promise controller in the BIOS. And use the drivers from
"laughingboy" on the planetamd64.com site. (The ones from VIA may also be OK,
but I haven't used them. I have used the laughingboy ones. They work.)

--
Charlie.

kapaqs wrote:
> I installed pro 64 6 times keept removing everthing to try and get
> this software to boot and no luck. i have an asus a8v deluxe board
> 3200+cpu 1 gig of ram and a matrox millinium 750 graphics card. i
> down loaded the 64 bit drivers for the sata chip sets as this board
> has two. it will intall and get to the final stages of rebooting for
> the last time and then it will restart and go strait to safe mode and
> there it sits. wont even go into safe mode? any advice?

mickie

I am not sure weither this is just a Luxuary on the MSI boards nforce 250gb,
but if you are not setting up a raid using more than 1 drive you do not
have to F6 any kind of sata drivers at all.
As long as your sata is enabled in Bios your drives should be detected. You
may however have to set the boot sequence to Sata first

I guess when readin your Orignal Post most would assume that you are trying
to set up a raid therefore you will require mass storage drivers (f6)
however & forgive me if I am incorrect I am wondering weither your just
trying to install your OS on a single Sata drive and as I said above you
don't as far as you don't need to F6 any extra drivers.

And if you still have problems.....I can highly reccomend the MSI K8N neo
Platinum series. Raid is simple to set up as well as single sata drives.

Hope this helps.

Michael

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wrong set of drivers, is my guess. Or you are connected to the wrong set
> of SATA connectors on the mobo. That mobo has 4 SATA connectors - two next
> to the Promise chip, marked SATA RAID2 and SATA RAID1, and two up between
> the VIA chip and the floppy connector, marked SATA1 and SATA2. You need to
> use the ones marked SATA1 and SATA2, they connect to the VIA RAID
> controller. Disable the Promise controller in the BIOS. And use the
> drivers from "laughingboy" on the planetamd64.com site. (The ones from VIA
> may also be OK, but I haven't used them. I have used the laughingboy ones.
> They work.)
>
> --
> Charlie.
>
> kapaqs wrote:
>> I installed pro 64 6 times keept removing everthing to try and get
>> this software to boot and no luck. i have an asus a8v deluxe board
>> 3200+cpu 1 gig of ram and a matrox millinium 750 graphics card. i
>> down loaded the 64 bit drivers for the sata chip sets as this board
>> has two. it will intall and get to the final stages of rebooting for
>> the last time and then it will restart and go strait to safe mode and
>> there it sits. wont even go into safe mode? any advice?

Rick

You have good information for those with nVidia chips. There are no
SATA drivers in the x64 package for VIA chips, though. So you must use
a floppy and the latest drivers, not version 0.99 from last summer, to
use the VIA SATA channel.

The current version for VIA SATA is 4.30c and was released last month.

mickie wrote:

> I am not sure weither this is just a Luxuary on the MSI boards nforce 250gb,
> but if you are not setting up a raid using more than 1 drive you do not
> have to F6 any kind of sata drivers at all.
> As long as your sata is enabled in Bios your drives should be detected. You
> may however have to set the boot sequence to Sata first
>
> I guess when readin your Orignal Post most would assume that you are trying
> to set up a raid therefore you will require mass storage drivers (f6)
> however & forgive me if I am incorrect I am wondering weither your just
> trying to install your OS on a single Sata drive and as I said above you
> don't as far as you don't need to F6 any extra drivers.
>
> And if you still have problems.....I can highly reccomend the MSI K8N neo
> Platinum series. Raid is simple to set up as well as single sata drives.
>

> Hope this helps.
>

> Michael

=?Utf-8?B?a2FwYXFz?=

"warpsix" wrote:

> i have the a8v also with the 3200 cpu and 1 gig ram
> i had to turn of the promis controler and use f6 to use the via sata.
> make sure you update your bios ,some older a8v have the 1006 bios need
> to upgrade to 1009 or the new one 1011 ,i would bet it's the video
> driver .i used the geforce 5700 256meg on my board
>

> kapaqs wrote:
> > I installed pro 64 6 times keept removing everthing to try and get this
> > software to boot and no luck. i have an asus a8v deluxe board 3200+cpu 1 gig
> > of ram and a matrox millinium 750 graphics card. i down loaded the 64 bit
> > drivers for the sata chip sets as this board has two. it will intall and get
> > to the final stages of rebooting for the last time and then it will restart
> > and go strait to safe mode and there it sits. wont even go into safe mode?
> > any advice?

> Actually i am thinking it the graphics card as well because the sata colntroler is workin or it would have never installed the os!! it is still a puzzler because this card is very popular in the biz community and drivers are native to windows xp 32 bit. and 64 bit drivers are also available too?

=?Utf-8?B?a2FwYXFz?=

"Rick" wrote:

> You have good information for those with nVidia chips. There are no
> SATA drivers in the x64 package for VIA chips, though. So you must use
> a floppy and the latest drivers, not version 0.99 from last summer, to
> use the VIA SATA channel.
>
> The current version for VIA SATA is 4.30c and was released last month.
>

> mickie wrote:
>
> > I am not sure weither this is just a Luxuary on the MSI boards nforce 250gb,
> > but if you are not setting up a raid using more than 1 drive you do not
> > have to F6 any kind of sata drivers at all.
> > As long as your sata is enabled in Bios your drives should be detected. You
> > may however have to set the boot sequence to Sata first
> >
> > I guess when readin your Orignal Post most would assume that you are trying
> > to set up a raid therefore you will require mass storage drivers (f6)
> > however & forgive me if I am incorrect I am wondering weither your just
> > trying to install your OS on a single Sata drive and as I said above you
> > don't as far as you don't need to F6 any extra drivers.
> >
> > And if you still have problems.....I can highly reccomend the MSI K8N neo
> > Platinum series. Raid is simple to set up as well as single sata drives.
> >

> > Hope this helps.
> >

> > Michael

Yea you know i did get all the latest drivers from via and asus for the 64
bit. i thought maybe someone else was having problems too, or could help?