Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > firewall

firewall

mikey

anyone found a 3rd party firewall that works withj x64 yet.
tried tiny several times and it crashes way too much.

Andre Da Costa

Neither is ZoneAlarm, you just have to wait that one out and use the the
built in Windows Firewall.
Also the No-Execute layer built into AMD processors should provide some
level of comfort in terms of security:
http://hardware.earthweb.com/chips/article.php/3358421
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"mikey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
anyone found a 3rd party firewall that works withj x64 yet.
tried tiny several times and it crashes way too much.

(E-Mail Removed)

Charlie Russel - MVP

Not yet, though I'm sure that will change. On the other hand, the Windows
Firewall included with x64 Edition is a pretty decent firewall - much better
than the one included with pre-SP2 versions of XP. For most people, it should
meet all your needs, IMHO.

--
Charlie.