Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: AVG

Re: AVG

=?Utf-8?B?dG9tbXl0dWNrZXI=?=

i find it interesting that Trend runs with IA64 but not AMD 64. what is the
deal there? Charlie, i too am running naked waiting for Trend to come out
with it. i am running RC2 with order in for the real thing so whoever it was
that was trying to bust me for running RC2 needs to cool it. if they did not
want me to install it why did they send it to me and put 360 day license on
it?
--
tommytucker
music city, tn

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Doesn't yet, from what I've seen. Not sure when they will, but I have heard
> that it is in the works.
>
> --
> Charlie.
>
> NMORRELL wrote:
> > Anyone know if AVG works in XP x64, or if they plan on supporting it?

ocbwilg

"tommytucker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i find it interesting that Trend runs with IA64 but not AMD 64. what is the
> deal there? Charlie, i too am running naked waiting for Trend to come out
> with it. i am running RC2 with order in for the real thing so whoever it
> was
> that was trying to bust me for running RC2 needs to cool it. if they did
> not
> want me to install it why did they send it to me and put 360 day license
> on
> it?

The IA64 version of windows has been out for a couple of years. I expect
that Trend will get around to supporting x64 before too long.

Regarding the license for RC2, the license expired after 360 days or at RTM,
whichever comes first. It obviously was not Microsoft's intention that
anyone would run a beta or RC after the product was made available. RTM was
last month, so whether or not 360 days has passed is irrelevant, your copy
of RC2 is no longer licensed.

Thunderbird - AVG antivirus - K9 spam filter NoMoreMrNiceGuy Firefox 3 02-27-2005 02:23 PM
AVG will not update SHRED Firefox 4 08-26-2004 12:09 PM
Help Sought: When Using Mozilla Firefox AVG Reports Virus Someone Firefox 2 08-17-2004 03:36 AM
How many questions (avg) and How many can i miss? Josh MCSD 2 02-16-2004 07:25 AM
Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 260.1.3 and AVG 6.0 - 521 Fred Computer Support 0 09-23-2003 06:31 PM

Advertisments