Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Fingerprint reader

Fingerprint reader

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgTHV0aGVy?=

Anyone had any joy installing the MS fingerprint reader software on XP64.
There are only a few things holding me back from changing to XP64 as primary
and this is one of them, Antivirus is another. software is DigitalPersona
version 1 along with intellipoint / intellimouse 5.2.

Andre Da Costa

From Joseph Conway:
Currently we dont have an Intellitype that is x64 compatible.

(So that is a known issue, and I guess it also applies MS fingerprint, it
just takes time).
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Chris Luther" <Chris http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone had any joy installing the MS fingerprint reader software on XP64.
> There are only a few things holding me back from changing to XP64 as
> primary
> and this is one of them, Antivirus is another. software is DigitalPersona
> version 1 along with intellipoint / intellimouse 5.2.

Wayne Wastier

Andre Da Costa wrote:
> From Joseph Conway:
> Currently we dont have an Intellitype that is x64 compatible.
>
> (So that is a known issue, and I guess it also applies MS
> fingerprint, it just takes time).

And what is strange is that Microsoft knew about this months ago, yet nobody
on their Mouse or Keyboard division lifted a finger to work on support for
x64, even though their boss told them to. (boss being Bill Gates)

DKI

All i want is there keyboard and mouse devision to pull there finger out
there asses and start building a package for the X64, theres no excuse since
the OS has been under construction for over a year now. and they new it
would be released thats lazyness on there part.

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23kS%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre Da Costa wrote:
>> From Joseph Conway:
>> Currently we dont have an Intellitype that is x64 compatible.
>>
>> (So that is a known issue, and I guess it also applies MS
>> fingerprint, it just takes time).
>>

> And what is strange is that Microsoft knew about this months ago, yet
> nobody on their Mouse or Keyboard division lifted a finger to work on
> support for x64, even though their boss told them to. (boss being Bill
> Gates)

Christian Hougardy [MVP]

"DKI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> All i want is there keyboard and mouse devision to pull there finger
> out there asses and start building a package for the X64, theres no
> excuse since the OS has been under construction for over a year now.
> and they new it would be released thats lazyness on there part.

I'm quite sure that using the gentle way you're using now will push them to
do it right now....

--
Christian Hougardy [MS MVP XP]
Johannesburg - South Africa

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

Yes, same known issue.

And as I have stated before, this has been brought up internally and it
will be worked on.

Andre Da Costa

Ewwww, thats sick.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"DKI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> All i want is there keyboard and mouse devision to pull there finger out
> there asses and start building a package for the X64, theres no excuse
> since the OS has been under construction for over a year now. and they new
> it would be released thats lazyness on there part.
>
> "Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23kS%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Andre Da Costa wrote:
>>> From Joseph Conway:
>>> Currently we dont have an Intellitype that is x64 compatible.
>>>
>>> (So that is a known issue, and I guess it also applies MS
>>> fingerprint, it just takes time).
>>>

>> And what is strange is that Microsoft knew about this months ago, yet
>> nobody on their Mouse or Keyboard division lifted a finger to work on
>> support for x64, even though their boss told them to. (boss being Bill
>> Gates)

DKI

Why the phrase is sick admitably it is a phrase often used and is the more
polite way of saying get a move on.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...