Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > TurtleBeach Santa Cruz sound card ...

TurtleBeach Santa Cruz sound card ...

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBS?=

Anyone have or try the TB Santa Cruz card on the x64 yet ?

TIA

Andre Da Costa

Did you check the manufacturers website for any available updates for your
sound card?
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Jeff R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone have or try the TB Santa Cruz card on the x64 yet ?
>
> TIA

Rocko

Yes, and it does not work out of the box. But what a great card.
You can contact the manufacturer, but in most cases you'll get the stock
answer, which may or may not reflect what's actually happening. In case of
the TBSC, it's been sunsetted ;(
There is some interesting work going on to virtualized legacy 3rd party 32
bit drivers in a 64 bit environment. Even if it works, it's still months
away...stay tuned.

"Jeff R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone have or try the TB Santa Cruz card on the x64 yet ?
>
> TIA

Andre Da Costa

Yes, this is just one of those problems concerning hardware support where
you have to pester the manufacturer until they do eventually support it.
--

Andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Rocko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, and it does not work out of the box. But what a great card.
> You can contact the manufacturer, but in most cases you'll get the stock
> answer, which may or may not reflect what's actually happening. In case of
> the TBSC, it's been sunsetted ;(
> There is some interesting work going on to virtualized legacy 3rd party 32
> bit drivers in a 64 bit environment. Even if it works, it's still months
> away...stay tuned.
>
> "Jeff R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone have or try the TB Santa Cruz card on the x64 yet ?
>>
>> TIA

Rocko

FYI, if a product has been sunsetted, any attempt to contact the
manufacturer regarding new drivers is a most likely a WORT

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBS?=

Yes I checked , that and the fact that TB has not done a driver update since
late 2003 is the main reason for asking if anyone has had good/bad luck with
this s/card in x64 .
Just trying to cover my bases BEFORE any install .

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Did you check the manufacturers website for any available updates for your
> sound card?
> --
>
> Andre
>
> "Jeff R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Anyone have or try the TB Santa Cruz card on the x64 yet ?
> >
> > TIA

Kevin Panzke

You may find this hard to believe, but the only Out of Box Sound Driver's
Microsoft included with x64 is AC'97 Audio Sound Controller Driver's.
Everything else must be downloaded from either the Manufacturer's Website
(Recommended), or PlanetAMD64.com.

"Jeff R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone have or try the TB Santa Cruz card on the x64 yet ?
>
> TIA

Wayne Wastier

Jeff R wrote:
> Anyone have or try the TB Santa Cruz card on the x64 yet ?
>
> TIA

Dump the Santa Cruz and either use your onboard sound device, or get a
Creative Audigy 2 ZS card (retail, not OEM as the drivers may not work with
an OEM version)

Alen Mecan

OR, if you are using your card for recording/editing etc, you might be a
lot happier with the M-audio Audiophile 2496. Pro drivers available,
low-latency ASIO and, off course, perfect sound.