Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Far Cry installation

Far Cry installation

=?Utf-8?B?SnVzdF9Mb3Jk?=

What are your system specs when attempting to install farcry 64 bit? Also,
what kind of drivers do you have for your hardware?

"Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" wrote:

> DKI wrote:
> > are you running the release candit version of windows xp x64 or the
> > final release of xp x64

> I'm using the final release, no interim build here.
>

> --
> Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
> Johannesburg - South Africa
> http://msmvps.com/xpditif

Christian Hougardy [MVP]

"Just_Lord" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> What are your system specs when attempting to install farcry 64 bit?
> Also, what kind of drivers do you have for your hardware?
>
> "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" wrote:
>
>> DKI wrote:
>>> are you running the release candit version of windows xp x64 or the
>>> final release of xp x64

>> I'm using the final release, no interim build here.
>>

>> --
>> Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
>> Johannesburg - South Africa
>> http://msmvps.com/xpditif

Hi,

It's runing ok now, the problem was Tiny firewall. I had to remove TF to be
able to install Far Cry. Don't ask me why

thanks

--
Christian Hougardy [MS MVP XP]
Johannesburg - South Africa
http://msmvps.com/xpditif

thisuser thisuser is offline
Junior Member

hey I just signed up to post this here for anyone still having problems installing ANY GAME PATCH that comes up with errors like 1628 through installshield.

it seems to have to do with software restriction policies and it also seems that most windows installations won't have any policies. once you set policies to restrict the installation and running of patches and software to only administrators and run the patch/install as an administrator it appears to work without a hitch!

this tidbit from another forum (http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x...on/1158744.htm) helped me get the amd64 patch running for farcry:

Quote:
In my case there weren't any software restrictions set so I created them. Your explanation wasn't quite clear though.

First: Control Panel - not using classic display

2. Click Performance and Maintenance

3. Administrative tools

4. click local security policy

5. Then click Software restriction policies.

6. When I did this there weren't any set. So you have to click action tab to create them. When you do so click onto enforcement.

7. Then select all users except administrator.
Peace, Love and Well-Being,
thisuser

EDIT: just noticed this is a 6 year old thread.... sorry for the necro, just felt like sharing in the first place I looked for answers that didn't work for me.

Last edited by thisuser; 05-07-2011 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: necro-realization