Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Far Cry installation

Far Cry installation

Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\)

Hi guys,

InstallShield gives me this message when I try to install the patch: 1628:
Failed to complete installation.

Any idea welcome

Thanks

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

Is the 32bit Far Cry installed and patched when you run the new update?

"Joseph Conway [MSFT]" wrote:
> Is the 32bit Far Cry installed and patched when you run the new
> update? --

Yes Joseph, it is.

Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa
http://msmvps.com/xpditif

Kevin Lowe

There's your problem. You're supposed to run the update on a clean install
of Far Cry, with no patches.

tawpgk

I did not have FarCry on the x64 system until last night. loaded the base,
patch 1.3, patch 1.31.

Then applied the x64 patch and the exclusive content update. no problems,
running great on last beta code. Still waiting for trial download or my swap
disk like most everyone else. Installshield took a long time to get setup
but ran clean, no messages.

ASUS A8N Deluxe
6600 GT SLI
1G corsair 2-2-2-5

--
Tom
"Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

Kevin Lowe wrote:
> There's your problem. You're supposed to run the update on a clean
> install of Far Cry, with no patches.

I'll give it a try

Thanks

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa
http://msmvps.com/xpditif

Kevin Lowe

This has cleared up some people's problems. Others have still had trouble,
even after reinstalling.

If you're still having trouble, check planetamd64's forums. Someone else
may have found another solution to try.

Good luck!

Kevin Lowe wrote:
> This has cleared up some people's problems. Others have still had
> trouble, even after reinstalling.
>
> If you're still having trouble, check planetamd64's forums. Someone
> else may have found another solution to try.
>
> Good luck!

It didn't help. On my way to the forum, thanks

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa
http://msmvps.com/xpditif

DKI

according to the site your suppost to patch install fresh from the DVD or CD
then install the 1.3 patch then the 1.31 and then install the AMD 64 patch
and then the excluse content patch in that order. for me it worked fine and
i never had any problems with farcry and the 64bit version has been even
better for me so far with out any problems.

DKI wrote:
> according to the site your suppost to patch install fresh from the
> DVD or CD then install the 1.3 patch then the 1.31 and then install
> the AMD 64 patch and then the excluse content patch in that order.
> for me it worked fine and i never had any problems with farcry and
> the 64bit version has been even better for me so far with out any
> problems.

Good, I applied the 2 patches and then the x64 patch didn't work.
So, I'll try to remove the patches, to apply the x64

Thanks for the tip

Cheers